• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would it take for you to give up your 2017 first? - AKA approx what type of player or specific player would you do it for

and...

What type of player would you give up your 2017 first for?

Let me start off by saying that I'm the polar opposite of TKO and Chef when it comes to trading.
In other words, I don't trade often.

For me, if I target a player and draft him, it takes a lot for me to part with him. And maybe that's why I don't trade much because I may draft the guy that I like.

Also this is my 2nd attempt at a dynasty league. (The first attempt only lasted 1 season. Fail.) Maybe I'm naive when it comes to dynasty, or maybe I'm looking at this league a little differently, but I look at all of the players on my bench and wonder where they'll be next season.

I mean, not every player needs to be an elite stud to have a role on an NFL team - or on a fantasy team. So some of the players have to have a future. I also figure that the shelf life of a WR is longer than a RB. (Unless they're a tier 1 RB.)

I see all of the trades going on in the D2 now and I just wonder if I'm looking at this dynasty thing too narrow? Or are other owners just more risk-takers?

As for 2017 first round picks, do we know what the draft class will be like? Will it be RB strong? WR strong? Or useless lineman and d-backs? Kind of hard to put a value on a 2017 first round pick in week 2 of the 2016 season if you're not sure what skill positions will be available?

Not sure I answered your question?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:2cents: Talent is so thin in this league that nobody feels they can afford to trade away a player for a pick. That could change once teams are out of the running and most definitely change once the draft has arrived.

As for giving up a pick....well some folks just don't believe in doing that, not everyone though.:nod:

Makes sense. I think I forget how hard it is to trade in this league because of the 16 teams until I go to the trade screen and realize I can't do anything without leaving a hole in my lineup.

So of course trading my 1st is the best way to improve my team without putting a hole in my lineup but that just means somebody else has to do that. :gaah:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. I think I forget how hard it is to trade in this league because of the 16 teams until I go to the trade screen and realize I can't do anything without leaving a hole in my lineup.

So of course trading my 1st is the best way to improve my team without putting a hole in my lineup but that just means somebody else has to do that. :gaah:

Also picks towards the end of the round aren't considered really valuable especially in a 16 team league. Since nobody knows the value of the pick at this early date, that's another reason to be hesitant.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me start off by saying that I'm the polar opposite of TKO and Chef when it comes to trading.
In other words, I don't trade often.

For me, if I target a player and draft him, it takes a lot for me to part with him. And maybe that's why I don't trade much because I may draft the guy that I like.

Also this is my 2nd attempt at a dynasty league. (The first attempt only lasted 1 season. Fail.) Maybe I'm naive when it comes to dynasty, or maybe I'm looking at this league a little differently, but I look at all of the players on my bench and wonder where they'll be next season.

I mean, not every player needs to be an elite stud to have a role on an NFL team - or on a fantasy team. So some of the players have to have a future. I also figure that the shelf life of a WR is longer than a RB. (Unless they're a tier 1 RB.)

I see all of the trades going on in the D2 now and I just wonder if I'm looking at this dynasty thing too narrow? Or are other owners just more risk-takers?

As for 2017 first round picks, do we know what the draft class will be like? Will it be RB strong? WR strong? Or useless lineman and d-backs? Kind of hard to put a value on a 2017 first round pick in week 2 of the 2016 season if you're not sure what skill positions will be available?

Not sure I answered your question?

Yes thank you.

Ive been reading dynasty material for over a year now and this is one of 3 dynasty leagues Im in now but I joined all 3 this offseason so its all new to me. Have to say I love it already though.

I love trading, but it is HARD in a 16 team league. Though I will still try because I think theres always room to improve my team. And every player has a price. So OBJ is my top dynasty asset but if I owned him Id still sell him if I were offered enough (pretty common sense lol). So Im basically just always trying to find places where my value doesnt match other peoples. I traded for Sammy in all 3 dynasty leagues Im in this offseason because I thought he was being undervalued (hasnt gotten off to a great start this year, but I have faith - also of note he cost ridiculously different things across the 3 leagues).

In general though you can definitely get burned trading but I think the more you trade the more chances you have to improve your team. I saw it explained once as a guy who makes 10 trades and wins them all is worse off than a guy who makes 40 and only wins 30 of them. The second guy improved his team a net of 20 times.

Additionally, I kind of like risk so maybe this adds to my philosophy. If youre not first its better to be last then say 5th. I want to shoot for upside and either hit or miss completely. I also love buying injured players and "injury prone" players. I just dont have any assets to spare to get any of them right now aside from my picks.

As for the 2017 draft - its supposed to be a GREAT draft. Theres basically 3 or 4 RBs on Zekes level plus a lot of RB depth and some quality WRs. Who knows how itll end up but right now its supposed to be like the OBJ draft was for WRs but at RB.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I noticed that @Stomp was able to add Dexter McCluster immediately to his lineup.
Yet my claim went into the waiver waiting period.

This is my first season on Fantrax.
Not sure I like the way you need to navigate around their site.

But don't judge Fantrax solely on this, there's something wrong here. :noidea:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But don't judge Fantrax solely on this
No, I definitely can see there must be a problem with the waiver algorithm.

I like the flexibility of the rules and I absolutely loved the 24-hour clock for our D2 draft on Fantrax. But I also like certain features on ESPN which allows different ways of sorting through players which aren't available on Fantrax.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the flexibility of the rules and I absolutely loved the 24-hour clock for our D2 draft on Fantrax. But I also like certain features on ESPN which allows different ways of sorting through players which aren't available on Fantrax.

Ok forget that, how 'bout tradin' me a good WR? :D

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I looked into our rules on the WW and don't see anything that should cause these issues.

I have gotten away from Yahoo to the point that I have 1 long standing league in F2F and 1 in FB left. I will not be joining anymore on there. I prefer Fantrax over ESPN, but agree sorting players especially on your phone can be problematic.

As far as trading future picks, it is tough because unless you watch the NCAA closely you do not know what their value will be.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have to agree with Joe. I drafted the players I drafted for a certain reason on each. So until they prove me wrong on my reasons, I don't want to trade them.

But I will trade if the right deal is offered

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I noticed that @Stomp was able to add Dexter McCluster immediately to his lineup.
Yet my claim went into the waiver waiting period.

This is my first season on Fantrax.
Not sure I like the way you need to navigate around their site.

Dexter was a FA because he wasn't on a team this last week i think all the major fantasy sites do it that way

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shrewd pick-up IMO Mr. Stomp.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity (not sure anybody would be willing to share this info) but since nobody seems big on trading picks in this league...

What would it take for you to give up your 2017 first? - AKA approx what type of player or specific player would you do it for

and...

What type of player would you give up your 2017 first for?

I guess theoretically the answer to those 2 questions should be the same but im just kind of curious to see where people value 1sts in here since they seem hard to acquire and at the same time seem hard to sell lol.

we can discuss both sides next week, facing off this week and I don't usually trade with my immediate opponent unless I really like the deal.

I'd want a young player that I like and that's in a good situation in order to give up my 1st round pick though, so I doubt there are any takers on that.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked into our rules on the WW and don't see anything that should cause these issues.

I have gotten away from Yahoo to the point that I have 1 long standing league in F2F and 1 in FB left. I will not be joining anymore on there. I prefer Fantrax over ESPN, but agree sorting players especially on your phone can be problematic.

As far as trading future picks, it is tough because unless you watch the NCAA closely you do not know what their value will be.

Dexter was a FA because he wasn't on a team this last week i think all the major fantasy sites do it that way

Shrewd pick-up IMO Mr. Stomp.

This happened in my other league, and I'm kicking myself for not catching this, but a guy dropped Lockett in one of my leagues last week, sending Lockett to waivers.
Waivers roll on WED, so I figured when I sat down TUE to review my leagues, I'd chalk up Lockett as my #1 waiver claim (I was 3rd or 4th in line).
Well, come TUE morning and the same guy that dropped Lockett got him back on a waiver claim, since the dropped player's waiver period is 3 days.
I didn't realize that would super-cede the weekly waiver process.

played on at least 5 different sites/apps, 1st time I've seen this.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold with a robbery in plain sight.

I won't say that. Edelman is no spring chicken and playing with a third string QB for now and Freeman may be facing a RBBC. Besides ehb5 is playing the zero RB stradegy. With RBs dropping left and right, chances are one his backup RB will become a starter ( like D. Williams only that was a suspension) and he has a great WR corp, which is a good thing to have in PPR leagues.

Trade block updated.:nod:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been trying to answer you EHB.

My opinion of the players involved. Edelman and Jeffrey are equal and Harold getting a RB also.

I will admit I was thinking about a redraft league when I posted it. In a dynasty league it does make more sense.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty even, I think...I like the Jeffrey side better but dangit, he gets hurt so damn much.

@Stomp !!! I think we are on to something here...I just need to wake up a bit more. ;)