• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler to QB Bears 2015

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not, this is the correct call. Cutler still gives you the best chance to win (despite what some haters think) and despite getting benched (solely from the coach trying to save himself) he still amassed nearly 4K yards and 30 TDs. Still an 88 rating.

Does everyone forget the Bears have by far the worst defense in the NFL which forces Cutler to constantly come from behind? Don't even get me started on that Green Bay game.

Bears need to stick to their picks, not do something stupid and trade up for Mariota, mortgaging the farm, and build up the D. ESPECIALLY for a team switching to a 3-4, they are going to be extremely weak on personnel, and the best way to replenish is the draft.

Good move by the Bears...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not, this is the correct call. Cutler still gives you the best chance to win (despite what some haters think) and despite getting benched (solely from the coach trying to save himself) he still amassed nearly 4K yards and 30 TDs. Still an 88 rating.

Does everyone forget the Bears have by far the worst defense in the NFL which forces Cutler to constantly come from behind? Don't even get me started on that Green Bay game.

Bears need to stick to their picks, not do something stupid and trade up for Mariota, mortgaging the farm, and build up the D. ESPECIALLY for a team switching to a 3-4, they are going to be extremely weak on personnel, and the best way to replenish is the draft.

Good move by the Bears...

Doesn`t matter that we had the worst defense out there,Cutler didn`t play defense......he could have atleast kept the games close..........he didn`t.

Its not the defenses fault he can`t hit a wr in stride.
Or awful decision making.
Or awful throws.

Cutler is a middle of the pack qb......nothing special.

And if you like Jay so much,trade Wilson for him then........I`m betting you wouldn`t.

And I`m sure we won`t be trading up for a qb.....I think we will be standing pat.
Not to say that one of the two qbs fall to 7,that we may draft one of them,cause its a possibility.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn`t matter that we had the worst defense out there,Cutler didn`t play defense......he could have atleast kept the games close..........he didn`t.

Its not the defenses fault he can`t hit a wr in stride.
Or awful decision making.
Or awful throws.

Cutler is a middle of the pack qb......nothing special.

And if you like Jay so much,trade Wilson for him then........I`m betting you wouldn`t.

And I`m sure we won`t be trading up for a qb.....I think we will be standing pat.
Not to say that one of the two qbs fall to 7,that we may draft one of them,cause its a possibility.

Of course I wouldn't trade Wilson for Cutler. That said, they are not going to get much value out of Cutler in a trade and who else are they going to turn to for QB? Plugging a rookie in (or trading up stupidly) for one is going to result in complete catastrophe when you ask that QB to pull your team from behind 28+ points.

Cutler also isn't impeding any free agent acquisitions that are going to immediately improve the Bears (since that team needs to go full rebuild anyway).

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I wouldn't trade Wilson for Cutler. That said, they are not going to get much value out of Cutler in a trade and who else are they going to turn to for QB? Plugging a rookie in (or trading up stupidly) for one is going to result in complete catastrophe when you ask that QB to pull your team from behind 28+ points.

Cutler also isn't impeding any free agent acquisitions that are going to immediately improve the Bears (since that team needs to go full rebuild anyway).

This topic has been beat to death on the Bears Board............And no we won`t be getting rid of Cutler to start a rookie or a free agent.
The only scenario I could come up with was rumours were going around Tennessee wanted him.
This was a possibility cause I`d take Mettenberger for him.
Atleast he had playing time under his belt and looked like he had some promise........other than that.meh

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this means is a team that wants to trade for him on draft day has to honor this years salary.

When you break it all down, you see that alot of cutlers stats got padded when safetys were 30 yards off the line of scrimmage and giving away 10-20 yard receptions.

Still should be the quarterback, the Fox needs to have a plan for the future, it wont be Cutler.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is a rebuilding year anyway. If we can get a young QB to develop in the draft, maybe he can step in and flourish in a year or two.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of mixed reports coming out if hes going or staying. what does that mean? THERE ARE NO TAKERS RIGHT NOW.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the team is going to suck either way. maybe they will walk into an early draft pick in 2016 and draft cody kessler

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they fire Trestman? He was supposed to be this offensive guru to help Cutler. What's the excuse? Why get rid of the coach that helped Cutler and Marshall too? That makes no sense. Cutler had too much to work with and he did not know how to make Marshall happy while letting Jeffery get his share on top of Forte cutting into the passing game as well. Trestman was not the problem for Cutler's problems as we clearly saw in 2013 with not only Cutler but Josh McCown and look how badly that experiment failed in TB. The problem for the bears was too much talent that wanted the ball all the time. Trestman would probably have been better next year with Cutler only needing Jeffery and Forte for big plays.

If its defense, well what makes anyone think Cutler still won't suck under with the team he had in 2012. Cutler could not play well when the defense was especially against elite teams. Now they regret firing Smith and want to go back to this.

I don't understand that organization. I think Cutler is overrated, he's not a winner, he can't play well with more, but Trestman was a good OC that made things happen for Forte and Jeffery. Without that the Forte of 2012 could return.

clusportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Bears should stop trying to develop Jay Cutler as a quarterback. By using a conservative offense, the Bears would be better off. They have decent weapons, but they were way too reckless on offense. Trestman was not the right man for the job because he attempted to create a big play offense with Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall. It didn't work out obviously, and now the Bears are back at square one. Their defense is another issue separate from Cutler and that ridiculous offense. Hopefully the team begins to slow down so they can develop some of their young guys and the defense. Winning games shouldn't be a priority. This year, they need to focus on issues beyond Cutler because they've already ruined their team with his terrible contract.