• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler contract

RctsGrinna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a displaced Bears fan up in new England, Vermont to be specific anyone hearing any details as far as $$$$$$. My alerts said it was for 7 years but didn't give a $ amount.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not released yet.

The Bears also signed Jennings and Slausen.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God they resigned Jay and Matt Slauson.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main thing is how they spread out bonus dollars and guaranteed money as to not have a huge cap hit upcoming.

Its either way on cutler, but the only healthy year here he had 27 td and 26 picks. He needs to tighten that up alot. Hopefully he learned some from McCown on how this can be done without throwing thru defenders.

At least its over, no more speculation, on to bigger and better things.

Tillman, Wooten, the three hurt DT's, I guess the same corners wont change the back end much. Conte is still cheap, but might be a special teamer next year. Gotta figure Wright is gone, I would let anderson and williams go as well and keep trying to deal Shea to a 3-4 team.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
asinine statement

The main thing is how they spread out bonus dollars and guaranteed money as to not have a huge cap hit upcoming.

Its either way on cutler, but the only healthy year here he had 27 td and 26 picks. He needs to tighten that up alot. Hopefully he learned some from McCown on how this can be done without throwing thru defenders.

At least its over, no more speculation, on to bigger and better things.

Tillman, Wooten, the three hurt DT's, I guess the same corners wont change the back end much. Conte is still cheap, but might be a special teamer next year. Gotta figure Wright is gone, I would let anderson and williams go as well and keep trying to deal Shea to a 3-4 team.

Josh McCown isn't teaching Jay a damn thing except how to be a perennial back up or how not to win consecutive games.:gaah:

:nod: :doh:

C

cubzzzfanincali

looked around on internet boards and whatnot and can't find details anywhere....if anyone sees the contract terms, I'd appreciate you posting that up here. All I can find is seven years, which is of course the most meaningless part of the contract.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN reported that it is seven years contract (which we knew) worth 17.6 mil per year, of which $50+ mil is guaranteed.

I'm glad there is no drama but considering the needs on D I think the contract is too much.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McCown isn't teaching Jay a damn thing except how to be a perennial back up or how not to win consecutive games.:gaah:

:nod: :doh:

Really, watching film of the offense YOU RUN and watching a nobody throw 13 touchdowns and 1 interception cant teach you anything? Watching a perennial backup lead an offense to 490 yards against a team fighting for the playoffs cant show you anything? It teaches where you should be going with the ball. It teaches you to not throw into the triple coverage because your cannon can get it thru.

I guess you can say that Payton and Brady just stopped learning along the way too huh?

Yeah, this is the biggest cocky qb problem, its contagious to his fans. The ones that know we dont need cutler but he is nice to have are sure hoping this is just a continuation of Jay "learning" the quarterback position and not being a constant gunslinger.

I am sure all the whiners here will have their share of why the fuck did Jay do that over the next few seasons. Thats when it shows if this was the right move.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN reported that it is seven years contract (which we knew) worth 17.6 mil per year, of which $50+ mil is guaranteed.

I'm glad there is no drama but considering the needs on D I think the contract is too much.

123 million? It just depends how it is split up. I am thinking the signing bonus is gonna be split up over the first three or four years. They have too much work to do to have given him too much up front, but it is probably the most cap room we are gonna have for a while.

Lets hope Clowney has a bad combine and falls to us.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 year 126mil so roughly 18 per. That's what is being reported on the radio. $55mil guaranteed. That's what I'm hearing, but as my wife tells me, my hearing is shot to hell.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its lower than i had expected......But just a tad bit higher than i would have gave....But contracts in the NFL never surprise me anymore.

Jay is the guy and I gotta cheer for him cause of the "C" on the helmet......

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
126 mil, 7 year... $54 million guarantee is the number. Just on 660 the score.

His ave. $$ per year same as Romo, his guarantee is tied for top in the league with Aaron Rodgers.

C

cubzzzfanincali

any word on how much of that are incentives? $17.6 million is pretty good, more or less fair to both sides, I am glad they didn't go to $20, but even at $17.6 I'd hope at least some of that are incentives. Sounds like he traded a little less overall for a little more guaranteed.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any word on how much of that are incentives? $17.6 million is pretty good, more or less fair to both sides, I am glad they didn't go to $20, but even at $17.6 I'd hope at least some of that are incentives. Sounds like he traded a little less overall for a little more guaranteed.

I haven't heard anyone post details in that minutia yet, but I found this on another board and thought it was an interesting way to look at this signing:

" Considering Schaub got 16.5 Mil this year, Eli got 16.5 Mil, Ryan got 19 Mil, Flacco got 20 Mil, and Marc Sanchez got 13.5 Mil... it's not as bad as it looks for a three year deal... which is really what it boils down too... 18X3=54 "

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, watching film of the offense YOU RUN and watching a nobody throw 13 touchdowns and 1 interception cant teach you anything? Watching a perennial backup lead an offense to 490 yards against a team fighting for the playoffs cant show you anything? It teaches where you should be going with the ball. It teaches you to not throw into the triple coverage because your cannon can get it thru.

I guess you can say that Payton and Brady just stopped learning along the way too huh?

Yeah, this is the biggest cocky qb problem, its contagious to his fans. The ones that know we dont need cutler but he is nice to have are sure hoping this is just a continuation of Jay "learning" the quarterback position and not being a constant gunslinger.

I am sure all the whiners here will have their share of why the fuck did Jay do that over the next few seasons. Thats when it shows if this was the right move.

Good God, it's amazing how many fans were fooled by McCowns luck. He should have been intercepted 4 times in the Dallas game. Even Gruden at one point said McCown had to be more careful because Dallas defenders kept getting their hands on the ball. The game before against the Vikings, McCown threw 2 balls RIGHT to defenders. The easiest pics ever, but again he got lucky. How are fans blind to not see that he should have had nowhere near a 13-1 TD/INT ratio? I've never seen a QB get away with so many bonehead throws. McCown is no more careful than Cutler, no matter what the stats say. And look at McCown's TD/INT ratio before this season. Tells the real story.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I haven't heard anyone post details in that minutia yet, but I found this on another board and thought it was an interesting way to look at this signing:

" Considering Schaub got 16.5 Mil this year, Eli got 16.5 Mil, Ryan got 19 Mil, Flacco got 20 Mil, and Marc Sanchez got 13.5 Mil... it's not as bad as it looks for a three year deal... which is really what it boils down too... 18X3=54 "

yeah, I hear that. I think it's a decent deal.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its lower than i had expected......But just a tad bit higher than i would have gave....But contracts in the NFL never surprise me anymore.

Jay is the guy and I gotta cheer for him cause of the "C" on the helmet......

:suds: