• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curry is the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I can't second you there, my 4 are about not being able to take your eyes off of them. Did Duncan ever have highlights like Curry just tonight? Where everyone is like holy shit did you see what Duncan did? The dude is an all time great, but not in the same pantheon.

But 5 is a good idea for hoops Rushmore. So my 5th would be Shaq. For real. Absolutely could not look away from that guy when he played (partly because he took up half the court LOL)

Are you high? ...what Pantheon are you talkin' 'bout, Willis??

Btw: I'd take Wilt or Kareem..or even Olajuwan over Shaq...any day.

Last edited:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry shooting like 62% past 30 feet and curry shooting 68% at the rim

Domination inside and outside. I think I read somewhere that he has the highest FG% at the rim.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, he did say that it was his personal Mt. Rushmore, so he's using the criteria that he likes.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know how you can guard curry anymore. I mean at least with mj you knew he wasn't gone to pull up from half court and just murder you from 32 to 40 feet out

The problem with picking him up at like 40 feet is that you are conceding so much floor space and he could blow by you and get an even closer look at a three. Also, if you play up at 40 feet, he could pass it and his teammates have so much room to work with.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with picking him up at like 40 feet is that you are conceding so much floor space and he could blow by you and get an even closer look at a three. Also, if you play up at 40 feet, he could pass it and his teammates have so much room to work with.

exactly, it is a damned if you damned if you don't situation because he has great vision. one thing i can say is a seven game series between these two teams would be glorious.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true...but you still need 5 for hoops...regardless.

Okay, I'll go with Kareem, Magic, Michael, Bird, and Duncan. Very 1980's-centric because that's when I started watching sports. Curry will make it there one day, hopefully, if he stays in good health and has a long prime. I'm hoping that being a smaller guy than other superstars means that his joints have less force to absorb and that the more modern training techniques will help him achieve a long prime.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy according to Oscar Robertson. Just "be up on the top of Curry" and that's how you stop him

In all seriousness, it's getting really annoying hearing all of these former players come out and talk about how they would stomp this Warriors team. Especially coming from Barkley, who, last time I checked is still titleless.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'll go with Kareem, Magic, Michael, Bird, and Duncan. Very 1980's-centric because that's when I started watching sports. Curry will make it there one day, hopefully, if he stays in good health and has a long prime. I'm hoping that being a smaller guy than other superstars means that his joints have less force to absorb and that the more modern training techniques will help him achieve a long prime.

If we're going to break it down by era, I'll have to go back to the mid 60's, which is when I started watching & following the NBA...lol

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, it's getting really annoying hearing all of these former players come out and talk about how they would stomp this Warriors team. Especially coming from Barkley, who, last time I checked is still titleless.

LOL, did you hear Cedric Ceballos and Stephen Jackson come out and say that their respective teams would have beaten the current Warriors team? I wonder who the next ex-player will be. Maybe Brian Scalabrine will say his 2002 Nets would wipe the floor with the Warriors.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32 foot officially

I just read an article that says that even though the stat book says it was 32 feet, Sports Science measured it at 38.4 feet. Watching it live, I did think that it was longer than 32 feet. I told my wife that it was a 35-footer, so even I was estimating it too short.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, did you hear Cedric Ceballos and Stephen Jackson come out and say that their respective teams would have beaten the current Warriors team? I wonder who the next ex-player will be. Maybe Brian Scalabrine will say his 2002 Nets would wipe the floor with the Warriors.

Lol Cedric Ceballos, that freakin guy. Talk about a C-level star

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaq was great, but Wilt and Kareem were awesome!!!! Larry Bird could be somewhere in there as well. It doesn't diminish the outstanding player Curry is. I think he would definitely make my top start starting lineup.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic tends to get a little too excited when hyping current players, but it is refreshing to see a former great who respects what the current generation is doing. Why can't they all sit back and enjoy? What these guys do today in no way changes what they were able to accomplish on the court.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is by far the best player in the league.

Cue the cavs fans and their tiny violin!

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen anything like it. There was one point, in the game(ot, i believe), where he dribbled up the court and pulled up from about the same distance as the gw, and missed. What's crazy is for a mere mortal(Lebron,Kobe, etc.), we would be killing them for taking that kind of shot....but with Curry, it's kind of understood by everyone that any of shots can very well go in, so it's no use in saying "that's a bad shot", because NONE of his shots are bad shots. There's no telling where this dude will end up as far as legacy goes, by the time he's done.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic tends to get a little too excited when hyping current players, but it is refreshing to see a former great who respects what the current generation is doing. Why can't they all sit back and enjoy? What these guys do today in no way changes what they were able to accomplish on the court.
Well stated!:suds:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is by far the best player in the league.

Cue the cavs fans and their tiny violin!

I'm not sure who's the driver of the I Hate LeBron Bandwagon...you or turnup!:D

:peep:

Status
Not open for further replies.