• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curry has a mild concussion

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are that Steph has incurred a mild concussion and will not be available to play tomorrow vs the Grizzlies. With Toney Douglas out, it'll be interesting to see who gets a bump in playing time. With Bazemore not really doing much lately, I think we might see some Nedo sightings. I just have a feeling Jackson would trust the ball in the hands of Nedo more than Bazemore. It'll be interesting to see what different lineups Jackson throws out.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the 49ers game vs the Saints,

I'm going to pencil this in as a loss for the Dubs.

Being a home game, Dubs should play with the same energy as they did vs the Dleague Jazz, but when the Dubs last played the Grizz 11/10, we couldn't stop Gasol or ZBO and Conley penetrated at will.

If Baze and the 2nd unit were playing better, I would give us better odds, I don't see this ending well for the Dubs. and if Curry's "mild concussions" linger, this season just got ugly very quickly.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was very precautionary reasons. Also Nedo, kuzmic and Dedmon optioned to Santa cruz

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the 49ers game vs the Saints,

I'm going to pencil this in as a loss for the Dubs.

Being a home game, Dubs should play with the same energy as they did vs the Dleague Jazz, but when the Dubs last played the Grizz 11/10, we couldn't stop Gasol or ZBO and Conley penetrated at will.

If Baze and the 2nd unit were playing better, I would give us better odds, I don't see this ending well for the Dubs. and if Curry's "mild concussions" linger, this season just got ugly very quickly.

The Grizzlies always seem to be a tough match for the Warriors anyway. I like their chances even less with Curry sitting down. I think they'll make a game of it but fall apart at the end.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was very precautionary reasons. Also Nedo, kuzmic and Dedmon optioned to Santa cruz

Curious timing

1) No JO
2) Steph out vs MEM
3) Douglas still one week away

Nedo - European Derrick Rose? Was this the same folks who dubbed Pietrus the "French Michael Jordan"?, the only thing I've seen him master is the art of Jumping up in the air and turning the ball over

Kuzmic - Going to be a solid pro, may not be a everyday starter, but I see his ceiling sorta like a Festus ceiling. Solid Role Player, solid defense, isn't a pushover. Compared to La tax, Kuzmic as a rookie already looks more serviceable.

Dedmon - ???? Wingspan for days, that's all we know.

Strange that Baze didn't get sent down, he hasn't really done much to distinguish himself vs the those guys. Even his bench celebrations seem toned down this year. :laugh3:

I know Jackson wanted to send a message, but I think this will have a duplicate benefit, you can only be get into basketball shape playing ball, and that's what those rooks need at this point.

Tieing this back into the OP. Andre Iguodala may have to play 45+ minutes Wed, and I can see him playing defense less fiercely, we can't afford to lose him to silly fouls in the 1st quarter.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious timing

1) No JO
2) Steph out vs MEM
3) Douglas still one week away

Nedo - European Derrick Rose? Was this the same folks who dubbed Pietrus the "French Michael Jordan"?, the only thing I've seen him master is the art of Jumping up in the air and turning the ball over

Kuzmic - Going to be a solid pro, may not be a everyday starter, but I see his ceiling sorta like a Festus ceiling. Solid Role Player, solid defense, isn't a pushover. Compared to La tax, Kuzmic as a rookie already looks more serviceable.

Dedmon - ???? Wingspan for days, that's all we know.

Strange that Baze didn't get sent down, he hasn't really done much to distinguish himself vs the those guys. Even his bench celebrations seem toned down this year. :laugh3:

I know Jackson wanted to send a message, but I think this will have a duplicate benefit, you can only be get into basketball shape playing ball, and that's what those rooks need at this point.

Tieing this back into the OP. Andre Iguodala may have to play 45+ minutes Wed, and I can see him playing defense less fiercely, we can't afford to lose him to silly fouls in the 1st quarter.

Isn't he the first point guard off the bench? And now with Curry down......

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one seems to be getting a little off topic, but I've got two things to say.

NBKLEE after reading what you said the injury looked like, I wanted to see it again. Not because I like seeing people getting hurt but rather I don't like seeing cheap shots. YouTube doesn't have any video on it.

The other thing is I'd like to see Bazemore get the majority of the run when Andre iguodala isn't, and believe he will. I'm no coach but in my opinion Nedovic hasn't done anything in game to make me believe that he's ready to check Mike Conely or Jerryd Bayless for that matter. Warriors fans need to exercise a little patience with the young Combo Guard. Clark Kent Bazemore, earth needs your help tomorrow.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one seems to be getting a little off topic, but I've got two things to say.

NBKLEE after reading what you said the injury looked like, I wanted to see it again. Not because I like seeing people getting hurt but rather I don't like seeing cheap shots. YouTube doesn't have any video on it.

The other thing is I'd like to see Bazemore get the majority of the run when Andre iguodala isn't, and believe he will. I'm no coach but in my opinion Nedovic hasn't done anything in game to make me believe that he's ready to check Mike Conely or Jerryd Bayless for that matter. Warriors fans need to exercise a little patience with the young Combo Guard. Clark Kent Bazemore, earth needs your help tomorrow.

Google helps, but you can find most video at other sports sites also, like this one

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First, I'm pretty sure Curry is only going to be out for this one game. After the Utah game last night, they have video of him in the locker room celebrating like normal as his Carolina Panthers beat the Patriots, and he was even interviewed and sounded just fine. That was only an hour or so after the injury occurred. I've had a few concussions earlier in my life and believe me, after an hour my head was still killing me and I felt way more out of sorts than Curry was. I think the team is just being precautionary in sitting him out, I'd be shocked if there's anything lingering.

I'm going to guess that Iguodala plays 42-45 minutes and controls the ball most of that time (assuming the game stays close). If the game is close, I think Bazemore (a.k.a. Mr. Turnover) might get the couple of other minutes, as opposed to Nedovic. (Note: I consider this a mistake, but I'll set that aside for now.) Likewise, I wouldn't be totally shocked to see some odd "big" line-up where we really don't have a point guard, but we run a post-up offense through Barnes, or a high post offense through Lee and Bogut, just trying to move the ball around, for a couple of minutes.

But clearly Iguodala is going to play most of this game, and they'll limit anybody else from being a primary ball-handler. As long as it's close.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck a lineup with Bazemore at PG is just a big lineup with no point guard. Have to have him out there for Defense. At the end of the day Mark Jackson has been preparing him for just this situation for quite some time now . He's a defense first coach after all.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this the starting lineup tomorrow???

Igoudala PG
Klay SG
Barnes SF
Lee PF
Bogut C

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this the starting lineup tomorrow???

Igoudala PG
Klay SG
Barnes SF
Lee PF
Bogut C

Sounds right, unless someone gets injured before then or Douglas gets cleared to play.

Jackson could shock the world by starting Baze, but I wouldn't, Baze hasn't earned it yet.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second, I'm sorry I didn't read your posts about the three young guns getting sent down. My next question is who are we getting?

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is no news by noon tomorrow I'll bet you guys five V Cash Scalabrine suits up.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 2 v cash Lindsey Hunter plays for the first time since 2010.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Kuzmic, Dedmon and Nedovic were all just working out with the Santa Cruz team and not optioned. I would be surprised if they're not all suited up for tonight's game against the Grizz.