• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my doubts about the Giants would find a trade partner but I wasn’t expecting this. I guess they want his salary off the books.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my doubts about the Giants would find a trade partner but I wasn’t expecting this. I guess they want his salary off the books.
That’s crazy. He must have put up a big stink behind the scenes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was the cutoff to avoid his salary. By cutting him today (and I believe this is a cut-waiver), they only have to pay him 30 days prorated of his salary.

But this does open a roster spot for a FA SP…

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:eek:

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was the cutoff to avoid his salary. By cutting him today (and I believe this is a cut-waiver), they only have to pay him 30 days prorated of his salary.

I envisioned a Davis / Bart package would bring someone back for our needs. But only having to pay a small portion of his salary and opening a roster spot for Monty changes everything. :ohwell: :whistle:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I envisioned a Davis / Bart package would bring someone back for our needs. But only having to pay a small portion of his salary and opening a roster spot for Monty changes everything. :ohwell: :whistle:
I don't think Monty is coming. He's insisting on a 7 year deal, which is a nonstarter for FZ.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are hoping that a team claims J.D. Davis and takes on the $6.9 million owed to him in 2024. The Giants can still work out a trade if he is claimed, but the salary relief might be all they are looking for.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are hoping that a team claims J.D. Davis and takes on the $6.9 million owed to him in 2024. The Giants can still work out a trade if he is claimed, but the salary relief might be all they are looking for.
If he goes unclaimed, the Giants are only on the hook for approx 1.1M of his contract.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

. . . Or Mason Black

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. . . Or Mason Black
I sort of think this is what will actually happen. I don't believe that Monty is a possibility. I think it was Tzill that mentioned he was looking for a long term package and FZ just doesn't do that. Should have done it for Gausman and didn't. Not sure about Snell either. Seems he will accept a short term package (probably at a very high price though). Just don't see that being offered either especially with Cobb's return possibly being quicker than expected. I'm guessing he goes with Mason Black.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of think this is what will actually happen. I don't believe that Monty is a possibility. I think it was Tzill that mentioned he was looking for a long term package and FZ just doesn't do that. Should have done it for Gausman and didn't. Not sure about Snell either. Seems he will accept a short term package (probably at a very high price though). Just don't see that being offered either especially with Cobb's return possibly being quicker than expected. I'm guessing he goes with Mason Black.
Landon Roupp is also getting a LOT of buzz. He may have one of the best curveballs in all of baseball.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok here is a wild one. And I of course don’t want this to happen, but… What happens before anyone claims Davis, one of our regular infielders gets hurt can the Giants snag him back before a team claims him. Does he have the right to say, “on now you want me, well forget it!!!” And if he refuses are the Giants off the hook for his salary? Not putting into account his attitude at this point, just throwing this possibility out there, a what if situation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok here is a wild one. And I of course don’t want this to happen, but… What happens before anyone claims Davis, one of our regular infielders gets hurt can the Giants snag him back before a team claims him. Does he have the right to say, “on now you want me, well forget it!!!” And if he refuses are the Giants off the hook for his salary? Not putting into account his attitude at this point, just throwing this possibility out there, a what if situation.
No. His days as a Giant are over. They can still trade him, but they cannot pull him back.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're probably right here, but I'm hoping that he gets another SP. Even someone like Lorenzen would help.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds as if Daulton Jefferies is a potential option as a swingman in the bullpen with the Giants likely to need some length in the bullpen early on. He’s got experience and he’s looked good coming off TJ surgery.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're probably right here, but I'm hoping that he gets another SP. Even someone like Lorenzen would help.
With all the hype about Black and Roupp, I am becoming more and more “hopeful” regarding Lorenzen. Get a decent #4 who can be jettisoned at any moment.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds as if Daulton Jefferies is a potential option as a swingman in the bullpen with the Giants likely to need some length in the bullpen early on. He’s got experience and he’s looked good coming off TJ surgery.
How many swings will we need? With the rotation in near shambles, I would guess we will need AT LEAST 3 guys capable of going 2+

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the hype about Black and Roupp, I am becoming more and more “hopeful” regarding Lorenzen. Get a decent #4 who can be jettisoned at any moment.
Yup. No need to break the bank on Snell. We have so many good young arms that it doesn't make a lot of sense