• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks activated from the 15
Warren optioned

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pointless transaction. Should have just shut Hicks down for the rest of the year.
I dunno, they are watching these guys every day and want to get Hicks some work

Gotta defer to the org.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, they are watching these guys every day and want to get Hicks some work

Gotta defer to the org.
But Hicks has thrown more innings than in any previous season in his time in MLB. He was looking worn down. Why make him pitch in meaningless games with just two weeks left in the season? Warren was supposed to be this good signing last off season, he is healthy, not thrown much this year, and has looked good in his brief time on the club? Shouldn't he been given more time to throw to see if he is a piece for 2025? I don't think he has any options left after this year.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Hicks has thrown more innings than in any previous season in his time in MLB. He was looking worn down. Why make him pitch in meaningless games with just two weeks left in the season? Warren was supposed to be this good signing last off season, he is healthy, not thrown much this year, and has looked good in his brief time on the club? Shouldn't he been given more time to throw to see if he is a piece for 2025? I don't think he has any options left after this year.
This is always my disconnect. We as fans think we know what's going on by "looks." A million pieces of info we don't have here.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is always my disconnect. We as fans think we know what's going on by "looks." A million pieces of info we don't have here.
This is EVERYTHING.

the most knowledgeable amongst us still knows NOTHING! We see a few characters in a box score or a few minutes that happen to take place in front of an audience, and we translate that into some kind of understanding of what is going on.

WE DONT HAVE ANY UNDERSTANDING

Anyone who makes definitive statements about this happening or that happening is completely full of shit. We can comment on what we think might be going on, based on what we see on the field and based on what people in the org let slip in this interview or that, but that is it.

WE KNOW NOTHING

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is EVERYTHING.

the most knowledgeable amongst us still knows NOTHING! We see a few characters in a box score or a few minutes that happen to take place in front of an audience, and we translate that into some kind of understanding of what is going on.

WE DONT HAVE ANY UNDERSTANDING

Anyone who makes definitive statements about this happening or that happening is completely full of shit. We can comment on what we think might be going on, based on what we see on the field and based on what people in the org let slip in this interview or that, but that is it.

WE KNOW NOTHING
When has that stopped us from making any statements before?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% .... but this is also one of the core elements that make being a fan fun! It provides us with an avenue to 'just make up sh!t' and throw it out there. It provides us with some sort of a release valve when things aren't going quite so well and we need an answer or two. We have an ability to supply a theory of what it wrong! We never seem to follow this path when things are going good ... only when things seem to be going down hill. We'll never have all the information and I'm not sure we would actually want it ... this is part of the core being of a fan .... thinking we know why things are working and why they are not .... this is a good thing .... it is what keeps this forum 'family' together ... this would be one boring forum if we actually had all of the answers ...

I don't ever remember SF Giant Management ...... asking us if we had any ideas on what was going wrong (or right) and how they should proceed moving forward ..... and I don't think they ever will .... but damn ..... wouldn't that be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% .... but this is also one of the core elements that make being a fan fun! It provides us with an avenue to 'just make up sh!t' and throw it out there. It provides us with some sort of a release valve when things aren't going quite so well and we need an answer or two. We have an ability to supply a theory of what it wrong! We never seem to follow this path when things are going good ... only when things seem to be going down hill. We'll never have all the information and I'm not sure we would actually want it ... this is part of the core being of a fan .... thinking we know why things are working and why they are not .... this is a good thing .... it is what keeps this forum 'family' together ... this would be one boring forum if we actually had all of the answers ...

I don't ever remember SF Giant Management ...... asking us if we had any ideas on what was going wrong (or right) and how they should proceed moving forward ..... and I don't think they ever will .... but damn ..... wouldn't that be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That triggered an idea. Each team holds a fan vote determining which player should get kicked off the 26 man roster. Of course there would have to be some kind of financial incentive for the player to get "removed" or the players' union would fight hell and high water against the idea. Just don't tell Manfred.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So basically..

We are all just fanfic writers…

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically..

We are all just fanfic writers…
Wouldn't go that far ... I would think that most of us write our comments, thoughts and whatever based on some sort available data. But, as you stated, there is A LOT of information we just don't have. The biggest difference among our members is orobably based on thier emotionsl mindsets. For some of us the sky is always falling and for others there is always tomorrow.

I just think, we have to be mindfull of all our members. Almost all of what we write is based on what little we know and how we are feeling at that moment. There is no definitive right or wrong here.

For me personslly ... this has been a disalpointing season. I did expect more from them but the injuries just crippled the team. But, there is always next year to look forward to.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chappy placed on Paternity List
Schmitt called up

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season ends next weekend, hosting the Cards.

I HOPE we sign Craw and Belt going into that series and let them both go out at home.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season ends next weekend, hosting the Cards.

I HOPE we sign Craw and Belt going into that series and let them both go out at home.
That would be the right thing to do. Although I didn’t care for Crawford’s attitude after the Giants decided not to resign him. Blaming FZ, although it was the correct decision. But either way let them end their career as Giants.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the right thing to do. Although I didn’t care for Crawford’s attitude after the Giants decided not to resign him. Blaming FZ, although it was the correct decision. But either way let them end their career as Giants.
Can you refresh my memory on what Craw said? I don’t remember it atm…

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you refresh my memory on what Craw said? I don’t remember it atm…
Basically stating him not returning is on FZ. I’m thinking yes that would be true but he sucked last year so we had better options. Craw said he told FZ he was willing to help with the youngsters as well and just be a backup. He was pissed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically stating him not returning is on FZ. I’m thinking yes that would be true but he sucked last year so we had better options. Craw said he told FZ he was willing to help with the youngsters as well and just be a backup. He was pissed.
He was done here. That was bound to be painful. I understand his frustration.

But I 100% agree with FZ wanting to move on. Cutting Craw mid-season would have been a REALLY bad look. Cutting Ahmed mid-season barely made it onto KNBR.

Craw needs to be an active member of our alumni. Craw WILL be an active member of our alumni.