• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we picked up Blandino as a minor league FA. We didn’t have to trade anyone to get him.
My point is the Giants paid more for Fairchild than the Mariners did. Blandino, as I noted, wasn't going to do much for the org, though. It is just interesting that the Giants felt that they needed to trade for him. Maybe they were concerned someone else would claim him who was higher on the waiver wire list.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like he is pedigree added to the churn. We gave up nothing (unless you count Dubon as part of this deal) to get him, so who cares. And the specific nothing we gave up in this deal is from the bottom of or org depth deck.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is the Giants paid more for Fairchild than the Mariners did. Blandino, as I noted, wasn't going to do much for the org, though. It is just interesting that the Giants felt that they needed to trade for him. Maybe they were concerned someone else would claim him who was higher on the waiver wire list.
If you buy a gumball with a quarter you found on the floor, did it really cost you a quarter? Especially if you discovered the quarter was counterfeit (you know the counterfeit market for coins is HUGE).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you buy a gumball with a quarter you found on the floor, did it really cost you a quarter? Especially if you discovered the quarter was counterfeit (you know the counterfeit market for coins is HUGE).
I'm not trying to argue that Blandino should not have been traded. I'm merely pointing out that the Giants had to give up more than the Mariners did to acquire him. The Mariners got to stick their hand in the gumball machine to get gumball. The Giants had to put a quarter that they found into the machine to get the gumball. That is the extent of what I'm trying to say. I'm not trying to say that the Giants should have kept the quarter and keep going.
Oh, and the market for counterfeit coins is HUGE because one person really, really likes counterfeit coins.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to argue that Blandino should not have been traded. I'm merely pointing out that the Giants had to give up more than the Mariners did to acquire him. The Mariners got to stick their hand in the gumball machine to get gumball. The Giants had to put a quarter that they found into the machine to get the gumball. That is the extent of what I'm trying to say. I'm not trying to say that the Giants should have kept the quarter and keep going.
Oh, and the market for counterfeit coins is HUGE because one person really, really likes counterfeit coins.
I don’t really see the difference. We gave up something we got for free and didn’t really want anyway to get Fairchild. So, in my eyes, we got Fairchild for free. If Fairchild ends up becoming churn, I won’t even notice.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why Fairchild has already become roster churn bait. He was the Reds 2nd round pick in 2017 but the Giants will be his 4th organization (3rd this season). He was the prospect the D-Backs got in the Archie Bradley trade and generally hit well in the minors when healthy. He's only gotten 18 ABs in the big leagues so he's hardly had time to show anything. He's got the pedigree to not be bouncing around like this.

On the flip side, the Giants have a bunch of outfielders in AAA hitting well (and a top prospect who is NOT hitting well), so there is hardly a need. Oh well, let's see what Fairchild can do. Blandino wasn't going to do much with the Giants (he was doing poorly in AAA this year).

Word around the batting cage is that Fairchild actually is a middle infielder, so you know FZ had to get him on the team, as we are bereft of middle infielders in the minors.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word around the batting cage is that Fairchild actually is a middle infielder, so you know FZ had to get him on the team, as we are bereft of middle infielders in the minors.
So when he gets dfa'd in the next week by the Giants, it will be because FZ finds out that Fairchild has only played in the outfield and wasn't comfortable picking up a 2nd basemen's glove?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marte got called back up and Walton sent back down. Not sure why the love for Marte, he's not good. Probably will get sent back down tomorrow when LaStella gets activated.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Llovera selected
Stars activated
Gonzo optioned
Marte optioned
Disco transferred to 60 day IL

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Llovera selected
Stars activated
Gonzo optioned
Marte optioned
Disco transferred to 60 day IL
If my tracking is accurate, that puts us at 39 on the 40. But why move Disco if that is the case?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I am missing Padlo…. Not sure what happened there…

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will teach him to hit .350 on this team.
The Giants had their Ohtani and sent him to Sacramento.
Mark Wahlberg No GIF by Daddy's Home