• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

Sanchez has not shown anything close to the velocity he apparently had in his showcase. and he apparently has been added ant about being a starter rather than filling whatever roll was needed. Reading between the lines, I get the sense the Giants didn’t like his attitude and he wasn’t what the thought they were signing.

Brebbia, oth, has a great, recent track record as a back-end bully arm. I agree he has looked HORRIBLE this year, but I think there is significant upside with him.
Yeah, that all makes sense. Sanchez just never really panned out. K% down, BB% up, good ERA but can't get deep in the game and his peripherals weren't good.

Time to cut bait I guess. And, as much as I hate the Brebbia/Menez/Littell trifecta I'm willing to clean slate it with them when they come back up. I'd rather assume the FO can fix them.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that all makes sense. Sanchez just never really panned out. K% down, BB% up, good ERA but can't get deep in the game and his peripherals weren't good.

Time to cut bait I guess. And, as much as I hate the Brebbia/Menez/Littell trifecta I'm willing to clean slate it with them when they come back up. I'd rather assume the FO can fix them.
I doubt Menez comes back, unless he's lights out with Sacramento. He'd need to be added back to the 40 man.
I would have liked a little more time for Brebbia to be in AAA but he may soon get optioned when DeSclafani is activated.
Sanchez is a bit of surprise but if he's not willing to do what the team needs, then it is understandable.
Sucks for Estrada. But its a nice problem to have too many good hitters (Dickerson, let's get it going).
While Littell has had some bumps, I think you were too hard on his performance. He deserves to be on the team.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Menez comes back, unless he's lights out with Sacramento. He'd need to be added back to the 40 man.
I would have liked a little more time for Brebbia to be in AAA but he may soon get optioned when DeSclafani is activated.
Sanchez is a bit of surprise but if he's not willing to do what the team needs, then it is understandable.
Sucks for Estrada. But its a nice problem to have too many good hitters (Dickerson, let's get it going).
While Littell has had some bumps, I think you were too hard on his performance. He deserves to be on the team.
Hope you're right re: Menez and Littell.
Brebbia has the stuff the others do not seem to possess.
Not sure about Sanchy's attitude but the performance was enough to cut ties. He'll be snatched up I'm sure.
Thai-Row is going to be on the 26 man next year for sure. Not sure Barrells will be back.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're right re: Menez and Littell.
Brebbia has the stuff the others do not seem to possess.
Not sure about Sanchy's attitude but the performance was enough to cut ties. He'll be snatched up I'm sure.
Thai-Row is going to be on the 26 man next year for sure. Not sure Barrells will be back.
With 12 free agents (4 of which have options), it will be an interesting off season. I assume Solano will be one of the 12 that won't return.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 12 free agents (4 of which have options), it will be an interesting off season. I assume Solano will be one of the 12 that won't return.
I think that's a safe assumption

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the more intriguing question is, do the Giants exercise the option on Flores? If so, does that mean Belt walks?
Yup. One of several super interesting questions this offseason:

1. Pick up Buster's option (22M/3M buyout) or extend.
2. Pick up JC's option (22M/5M buyout) or let him walk.
3. Re-sign Bryant (19.5 this year).
4. Re-sign Gas (18.9 this year).
5. Re-sign BB9 (16 this year).
6. Re-sign Craw (15 this year).
7. Re-sign Disco (6 this year).
8. Re-sign Barrels (lost arb this year - 3.25)
9. Pick up option on Flores (3.5/.25 buyout).
10. Re-sign Wood (3 this year).
11. Re-sign Leone (1.25 I think).
12. Pick up option on Alvarez (1.5/100k buyout).
13. Re-sign Watson (1 this year).

plus 10 arb dudes (Dick, Casali, Slater, Jarlin, Brebbia, Moronta, Tok, Yaz, Beede, DigDug)

The rest are on min contracts, so its just a roster spot question.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. One of several super interesting questions this offseason:

1. Pick up Buster's option (22M/3M buyout) or extend.
2. Pick up JC's option (22M/5M buyout) or let him walk.
3. Re-sign Bryant (19.5 this year).
4. Re-sign Gas (18.9 this year).
5. Re-sign BB9 (16 this year).
6. Re-sign Craw (15 this year).
7. Re-sign Disco (6 this year).
8. Re-sign Barrels (lost arb this year - 3.25)
9. Pick up option on Flores (3.5/.25 buyout).
10. Re-sign Wood (3 this year).
11. Re-sign Leone (1.25 I think).
12. Pick up option on Alvarez (1.5/100k buyout).
13. Re-sign Watson (1 this year).

plus 10 arb dudes (Dick, Casali, Slater, Jarlin, Brebbia, Moronta, Tok, Yaz, Beede, DigDug)

The rest are on min contracts, so its just a roster spot question.
I forgot about Wood when counting pending free agents!
Regarding the arb guys - Technically, Tauchman will be a minor league free agent this offseason, unless he get purchased again and brought back to the 40 man roster before then. I do wonder if Dickerson, Slater and/or Duggar gets non-tendered. It is possible that Moronta may also get non-tendered if he doesn't pitch in the big leagues this year (some kind of rehab setback could make that happen) or he doesn't look good in his remaining time this season. He is not an FZ guy.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Wood when counting pending free agents!
Regarding the arb guys - Technically, Tauchman will be a minor league free agent this offseason, unless he get purchased again and brought back to the 40 man roster before then. I do wonder if Dickerson, Slater and/or Duggar gets non-tendered. It is possible that Moronta may also get non-tendered if he doesn't pitch in the big leagues this year (some kind of rehab setback could make that happen) or he doesn't look good in his remaining time this season. He is not an FZ guy.
I think Moronta is due to be activated this week. FWIW, I've read they are thinking of him as a closer candidate.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the transactions page, John Brebbia was optioned back to Triple-A yesterday. They have an open spot on the 40-man and 26-man rosters. Someone's getting called up tonight, and it could be Evan Longoria or Reyes Moronta.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the transactions page, John Brebbia was optioned back to Triple-A yesterday. They have an open spot on the 40-man and 26-man rosters. Someone's getting called up tonight, and it could be Evan Longoria or Reyes Moronta.
There is already a spot open in the 40 man roster since Sanchez was dfa'd.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a lot of talk about Longo being ready sometime this week. My guess is he will be activated today.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and Brebbia didn't affect that. Not sure what you're saying?
Brebbia makes room on the 26 man roster and Sanchez makes room on the 40 man roster for either Longoria or Moronta to be activated.

Edit: I mis-read your post. I thought you were stating that Brebbia made room for a spot on the 40 man roster.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is Longo…

C - Posey / Casalli
1B - Belt / Ruf / Wade / Flores / Bryant
2B - LaStella / Solano / Flores
SS - Crawford / Solano / Bryant
3B - Longo / Flores / Bryant / LaStella
LF - Bryant / Dick / Slater
CF - Slater / Yaz / Bryant / Wade
RF - Yaz / Slater / Wade / Bryant

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is Longo…

C - Posey / Casalli
1B - Belt / Ruf / Wade / Flores / Bryant
2B - LaStella / Solano / Flores
SS - Crawford / Solano / Bryant
3B - Longo / Flores / Bryant / LaStella
LF - Bryant / Dick / Slater
CF - Slater / Yaz / Bryant / Wade
RF - Yaz / Slater / Wade / Bryant
That right there is what you call having your choices.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no Longo yet, but Doval is up...for a day or two.

Longo is raking at AAA so I'd think soon.
Why, though? Why not call him up the other day instead of Brebbia?

Moves like this make me wish I were a fly on the wall in FZs office. You KNOW there is a story…