• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current odds to win the Super Bowl

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer Down,
I know you are the Moderator but what makes you so sure that The Seahawks are not going to the Superbowl.They lost by 2 points to the Falcons or they would have been in the NFC Championship game.They have a great chance to have another great season.Wilson is a Solid QB,Lynch is a solid RB and they have a GREAT defense.
I think the Pats are the team that is overrated since the league shut down Spygate they have won nothing.I think the Giants are due to have a good season too,and The Saints also have a chance to get back with Brees.

Just curious who do you think wil get there.

I guess you will not like my prediction for Seattle. I have them going 7-9 and in 3rd place. A full year of tape on Wilson will hurt a lot. Teams will have a Full Offseason to install Defenses to Combat Wilsons weaknesses. With coaching staffs like those on the Niners and Rams I can easily see an 0-4 record vs them.

How many Seahawk DLmen are not in OTAs because of Injuries? How many will miss a good portion of the season, at least 25%? Seattle also play some of the better OLines in the League this year.

I think Seattle will be the most disappointing team this season. Not saying that means a thing, I had San Fransisco as last years most disappointing team, but it could, I had Baltimore in the Super Bowl.

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disappointed at all.I am a NY Giants fan and I think the Giants will make the run AGAIN.Must be tough for you to be a Bucs fan and never get to see a run.And Please tell me what OTA'S mean anyway it matters if you are healthy in Sept.I find it hard to believe you know so much about the Hawks preseason though.I also find it hard to believe you picked the Ravens in the Super Bowl they were like 25 to 1.I am Curios to see what your predictions are.But at 9 to 1 it might be worth it to throw a duece on the bucs.And you do realize Pete Carroll is a very good coach and wil have that same year to get Wilson more mproved.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Seahawks fan, but Wilson is simply a very good passer and seems to make good decisions on the field and has his teammates' trust. You can scheme against a QB who has to rely on scrambling (see Tebow, Tim and the abysmal 1-4 end to his career as a starter), but Wilson is a very promising QB even without the scrambling.

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilwhite,
You aee so right.Wilson has a gun for an arm.Lynch is a very solid RB.Their Defense was top 5 all of last year.Like I said I am a Giant fan but the Seahawks have tons of promise

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disappointed at all.I am a NY Giants fan and I think the Giants will make the run AGAIN.Must be tough for you to be a Bucs fan and never get to see a run.And Please tell me what OTA'S mean anyway it matters if you are healthy in Sept.I find it hard to believe you know so much about the Hawks preseason though.I also find it hard to believe you picked the Ravens in the Super Bowl they were like 25 to 1.I am Curios to see what your predictions are.But at 9 to 1 it might be worth it to throw a duece on the bucs.And you do realize Pete Carroll is a very good coach and wil have that same year to get Wilson more mproved.

How old are you 10?

If you need to know what an OTA is and you also think in the NFL people stay the same then I Cannot Help You......

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Seahawks fan, but Wilson is simply a very good passer and seems to make good decisions on the field and has his teammates' trust. You can scheme against a QB who has to rely on scrambling (see Tebow, Tim and the abysmal 1-4 end to his career as a starter), but Wilson is a very promising QB even without the scrambling.

He has a weak arm. He cannot make certain throws. Last Year there was no Tape and you had to defend him with Vanilla Ds. This year, his Bread and Butter will be taken away and he will have to make SideLine Throws.

Shaun King had a great Rookie Season. Because no one knew his weaknesses. To think Wilson is going to be better this year is almost dumb. Guys with his talent set do not get better in their 2nd year.

I would not be surprised to see a Rick Mirer type year.

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what an OTA is What I said was I dont belive you know a think about Seattle players.No they dont stay the same but they get better.The Seahawks were a very good team last season and they play in a weak division.Rememeber the are the only team ever to make the playoffs with a losing record.The UPSET I think the superbowl Champion Saints that year.Then the won I think 13 games last year.

So I am basing my comment on stats.You think they wil win 7 games and the people who know football have them at 9 to 1 and what 5th favorites.SO WHO SHOULD WE BELIEVE.

You are the type of guy who claims after the fact who you think wil win.Like you did when you said you picked the Ravens.

So again be a man and tell us who you think wil be there

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you this as aBUCS fan you would know about LOSING and BAD QB'S

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He threw a couple of balls today, things that we talked about over the offseason that he'd like to take a shot at, and he did it today just to see what would happen with full awareness of why he was doing it," Carroll said. "We were talking about trying to throw the deep ball last year over guys' outside shoulder; we're just a million miles ahead of where we were. He's the kind of player that will affect other guys - he affects everyone around him - and hopefully that will help everyone play better and faster."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what Pete Carroll said and I am quessing he knows more about Wilson then you do.

YOUR HONOR I REST MY CASE

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran 6:1
Denver 15:2
New England 8:1
Seattle 9:1
Green Bay 12:1
Atlanta 12:1
New Orleans 18:1
Baltimore 18:1
NY Giants 20:1
Chicago 25:1
Pittsburgh 25:1
Washington 28:1

- According to Vegas these are the 12 best bets to win the SB. Anything look too high? Too low??

I guess these will need updating now

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He threw a couple of balls today, things that we talked about over the offseason that he'd like to take a shot at, and he did it today just to see what would happen with full awareness of why he was doing it," Carroll said. "We were talking about trying to throw the deep ball last year over guys' outside shoulder; we're just a million miles ahead of where we were. He's the kind of player that will affect other guys - he affects everyone around him - and hopefully that will help everyone play better and faster."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what Pete Carroll said and I am quessing he knows more about Wilson then you do.

YOUR HONOR I REST MY CASE

LMAO!! I bet you cannot find ONE, just ONE, quote of a head coach saying his QB has regressed from the previous season.

If you believe what Head Coaches say in the Off Season, then again, I cannot help you.

A guy like RG3 or Luck can overcome Defenses with their Arm. Wilson cannot.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current odds

Denver 7:1
San Fran 8:1
Seattle 17:2
Atlanta 14:1
Houston 18:1
Baltimore 22:1
NY Giants 22:1
Dallas 28:1

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you still have not graced us with your Wisdom of who you think will win.I am sure we will get that info after the Super Bowl.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you still have not graced us with your Wisdom of who you think will win.I am sure we will get that info after the Super Bowl.

Not sure if you are talking to me but I have an Atlanta-Denver Super Bowl although I think SF has a great shot if their WR's step up after the Crabtree injury.

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RMILIA,
Not talking to you but at least you have the balls to predict.Atlanta and Denver could b definitly be there.I Think the Packers and the Bronco's.Some guy went off on me talking about Seattle will only win 7 games Because their players are not attending OTA'S.He also said Russell Wilson is not a good QB and that Seattle will only win 7 games.So I asked him who he thought would make it.What are your thoughts on Wilson and Seattle

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current odds

Denver 7:1
San Fran 8:1
Seattle 17:2
Atlanta 14:1
Houston 18:1
Baltimore 22:1
NY Giants 22:1
Dallas 28:1

Take out Denver and the next six teams are all good plays. If you put $100 down on those six teams and $50 each on Baltimore and the Giants, you probably have a 90%+ chance of making at least a few hundred.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Schaub will never win a Super Bowl - FACT!!!!

I have Denver vs N.O in the SuperBowl

Denver 38 N.O 27

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RMILIA,
Not talking to you but at least you have the balls to predict.Atlanta and Denver could b definitly be there.I Think the Packers and the Bronco's.Some guy went off on me talking about Seattle will only win 7 games Because their players are not attending OTA'S.He also said Russell Wilson is not a good QB and that Seattle will only win 7 games.So I asked him who he thought would make it.What are your thoughts on Wilson and Seattle

I love Seattles D and like Wilson a ton BUT the trend is for 2nd year guys to regress a bit. I dont thin it will have anything to do with how good Russell is only that the D's will adjust and the schedule will be tougher. Most really solid first year starters over the past 5 or so years have had worse records their 2nd year. I see Seattle as a 10 win team though because their D is too good to nt win a bunch.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the trend is for 2nd year guys to regress a bit

I dunno. Last year Locker regressed in his second year, but Dalton and Ponder both got a lot better and Gabbert and Cam (as a passer) were a shade better.