• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current odds to win the Super Bowl

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis was awful, too, so a new linebacker probably won't be worse, and Ellerbe had to be let walk, because the dolphins overpaid, but they lost the leadership with minimal talent to make up for it. It will take time to develop that.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis was awful, too, so a new linebacker probably won't be worse, and Ellerbe had to be let walk, because the dolphins overpaid, but they lost the leadership with minimal talent to make up for it. It will take time to develop that.

Nonsense... Ray Lewis was the leader of the defense. Ravens D will get worse even if the talent is better.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense... Ray Lewis was the leader of the defense. Ravens D will get worse even if the talent is better.

That is assuming there are no Leaders on that team.

True Leaders know when to Lead, Follow and/or Get out of the Way. No need for them to have Lead when Ray(and Ed) was still on the team.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm also looking at it as the AFC is pretty weak. Ravens, Donks, Pats...that's about it. Maybe Houston but they seem to be frauds. So the Ratbirds have a pretty decent chance to at least get there seeing as they seem to have our # lately and you know my thoughts on Jughead/Denver. Not betting on a guy who's done it 1 time in 14 years,(and he had little to with that 1) about 10 of those with very good teams.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't that what I said? I said losing his leadership hurt more than replacing him with someone more physically talented at this point helps.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What no Vikings on the list? If Ponder even gets a little better the team should be in the top 12 at least, maybe i'm just a homer but the defense is gonna be better and the receivers are gonna be much better.

Pittsburgh is on the list because they are the Steelers, no way they win the Super Bowl this coming season and the Bears? Really? No chance, their O-line sucks Cutler will never win a Super Bowl unless he's holding a clipboard for another team in a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I think Trestman is going to make Cutler look pretty good in the upcoming seasons, but it'll take a couple years.
Pack need defense badly, it could be a good season for the Vikes.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
When the Bucs win the Super Bowl this thread will become meaningless..

i think we have a solid shot to make the playoffs...and once your in...anyone can win.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the top two NFC teams are in the same division. The "overrated" Seahawks probably improved a shade more in the off-season than the 49ers did. Expect a dog fight between those two for the division title.

I think Baltimore is too high. Flacco was bailed out by Boldin and the Broncos corners, and the Ray Lewis motivation factor is gone and in fact the whole D is going to be pretty different. I think those odds are only because they're the defending champs.

Chicago, Washington, Houston (yeah, where are they?) and the Bengals and Colts (where are THEY?) are a little low. Not because they have great chances but because those odds are so favorable. Looks like I could get 10-1 odds (or better) if I take the Texans/Colts/Bengals combo and any of them win the SB, which might be worth thinking about.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What no Vikings on the list? If Ponder even gets a little better the team should be in the top 12 at least, maybe i'm just a homer but the defense is gonna be better and the receivers are gonna be much better.

Pittsburgh is on the list because they are the Steelers, no way they win the Super Bowl this coming season and the Bears? Really? No chance, their O-line sucks Cutler will never win a Super Bowl unless he's holding a clipboard for another team in a few years.

Because Adrian Peterson is their whole team. If Adrian Peterson plays even slightly worse the team is well below .500.

mbail3y

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a pure gambling standpoint, if you're looking for value, I think the Bengals at 45/1 is worth a wager.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Adrian Peterson is their whole team. If Adrian Peterson plays even slightly worse the team is well below .500.

No need to argue that because he is freaking amazing but the Vikes started the season 4 - 1 and AD had only one 100 game and 2 td's in those first 5 games.

Him being so good should open the passing game more and the receivers this year should be much better, adding Jennings, Patterson and a healthy Simpson and a future pro bowl tight end in Rudolph should be ok on offense, it all depends on Ponder.

The defense should be better just from adding Floyd and Rhodes. I'm pretty excited for the upcoming season to be honest for no other reason than I get to watch the best running back since Walter Payton and an improving defense.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be surprised of they make the playoffs again. If they had had the second best RB in the NFL last year they would have been in the running for the number one pick.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but who is going to throw the ball in minny ?? ponder?? he spends more time on his back then.. well you know..

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be surprised of they make the playoffs again. If they had had the second best RB in the NFL last year they would have been in the running for the number one pick.

Obviously an exaggeration but I get your point, as I said however the Vikes started 4 - 1 and it wasn't because of AD.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an exaggeration. I believe exactly what I said.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an exaggeration. I believe exactly what I said.

In the running for the #1 pick even though they won 4 of their first 5 games without AD being super human? Jacksonville and Kansas City won 2 games all season, So you still believe exactly what you said?

brian8ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer Down,
I know you are the Moderator but what makes you so sure that The Seahawks are not going to the Superbowl.They lost by 2 points to the Falcons or they would have been in the NFC Championship game.They have a great chance to have another great season.Wilson is a Solid QB,Lynch is a solid RB and they have a GREAT defense.
I think the Pats are the team that is overrated since the league shut down Spygate they have won nothing.I think the Giants are due to have a good season too,and The Saints also have a chance to get back with Brees.

Just curious who do you think wil get there.