• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curious Question

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we start off 1-4 or 2-3 or if Romo is hurt etc, do you try and trade Murray before the trade deadline? I'm sure you could get a 2 for him from someone. Not saying I'd want to, but curious.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Murray and was yelling for him to get the ball more while a lot of others were spouting stats about how we need to throw even more (which i still cant believe). I was arguing last year how we shouldn't be looking to trade him or find another back in a future draft. I think this is an entirely different offense with him than without him. I think the worst thing for Romo, since he holds the ball too long, is when the defense expects a pass and can pin back their ears. I think we would be even better on Offense if we shortened the games a little and leaned on him more, much more. So, obviously for me its a no. Im not interested in creating another huge hole. RBs are becoming some of the best bargains in the league over the last few years. But my guess is most would jump at a 2 for him if we have the start you referenced.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will it happen? No because even at 1-4 Jerry will still think playoffs.
However to answer your question.
If Jerry doesn't plan to pay him next year. Then yes why lose him for nothing. If Jerry plans on paying him then no. Would rather keep him, than have an unknown at RB the following year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will it happen? No because even at 1-4 Jerry will still think playoffs.
However to answer your question.
If Jerry doesn't plan to pay him next year. Then yes why lose him for nothing. If Jerry plans on paying him then no. Would rather keep him, than have an unknown at RB the following year.

You will get something no matter what, odds are he goes to another team and we get at least a 3 the following year (compensatory).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Murray and was yelling for him to get the ball more while a lot of others were spouting stats about how we need to throw even more (which i still cant believe). I was arguing last year how we shouldn't be looking to trade him or find another back in a future draft. I think this is an entirely different offense with him than without him. I think the worst thing for Romo, since he holds the ball too long, is when the defense expects a pass and can pin back their ears. I think we would be even better on Offense if we shortened the games a little and leaned on him more, much more. So, obviously for me its a no. Im not interested in creating another huge hole. RBs are becoming some of the best bargains in the league over the last few years. But my guess is most would jump at a 2 for him if we have the start you referenced.

After year after year after year of JG saying we need to run more only to run less we will never run as much as we need to so RB will never be of great value as long as JG is here. I think Murray when healthy has top 5 talent, if he could ever stay healthy and we run like we should kid could go 1,500 and 15 easy

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After year after year after year of JG saying we need to run more only to run less we will never run as much as we need to so RB will never be of great value as long as JG is here. I think Murray when healthy has top 5 talent, if he could ever stay healthy and we run like we should kid could go 1,500 and 15 easy

Yeah, I agree. But with Murray and Dunbar, who I love as a change of pace guy, we are set at RB IMO. If we trade Murray we need to use that pick on RB anyway and draft picks are always a crap shoot. How many RBs are really breaking the bank nowadays? I really don't feel Murray will cost us all that much and the fact that JG won't give him the darn ball more keeps his stats and contract down a little too

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we start off 1-4 or 2-3 or if Romo is hurt etc, do you try and trade Murray before the trade deadline? I'm sure you could get a 2 for him from someone. Not saying I'd want to, but curious.

Nope, I'd give him the ball 300+ times this year unless he breaks down, regardless. If he gets 300 carries and maintains that 5.2 per carry, I'd gladly sign him long term. If he breaks down, adios amigo

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on man

you would not get a 2 for a player that's never played a full season

Not happening

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man

Not happening

I think you could, probably protected, but still could get it. Would be a 3 if he doesn't play X amount of games or plays Y if he does.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man

Not happening

Think of it this way Trent Richardson got Browns a first, Murray even with his injury history is better and worth more than Trent.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it this way Trent Richardson got Browns a first, Murray even with his injury history is better and worth more than Trent.

Trent was drafted in the 1st one year and traded the next .......

and it backfired .... cause he did shit

I seriously think you are bored with some of the off the wall shit you have said last two days

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent was drafted in the 1st one year and traded the next .......

and it backfired .... cause he did shit

I seriously think you are bored with some of the off the wall shit you have said last two days

I'm wondering if Nets account has been hacked. He doesn't sound they same. Maybe he needs to eat a Snickers.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if Nets account has been hacked. He doesn't sound they same. Maybe he needs to eat a Snickers.

Either that or bored .... ( unless he finally snapped and went crazy) None of what he is posting now says "Nets" Not any of it

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man

Not happening

Not only that, NO team would give up a valuable 2nd round pick after 5 games knowing he will be a UFA 11 games later.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, NO team would give up a valuable 2nd round pick after 5 games knowing he will be a UFA 11 games later.

If they think a RB is all they need during the year to get them to the promised land, they would.
Of course I don't think this is gonna happen, but there is scenarios where someone would go after Murray instead of waiting.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 2nd round pick for as soon to be FA. I really doubt that, but thats why we have the Raiders!

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they think a RB is all they need during the year to get them to the promised land, they would.
Of course I don't think this is gonna happen, but there is scenarios where someone would go after Murray instead of waiting.

Still wouldn't happen man .......

A piece away Rb ..... team might use a 1st round draft choice on .... in the draft
The Colts were kinda dumb but I see why they did it ... elite prospect on a bad team and wanted to save Luck... as far as defenses just pure pass rushing him

but for the most part .... most teams think they can get running backs a dime a dozen in late rounds ....

It's no longer the 1990s .... Hell we got Murray in the 4th ... not a full season yet

NO CHANCE IN HELL a team gives a 2nd for him

Look at it like this .... we didnt even try for a 7th with Ware

Rookie cap ..... Trades dont get tossed around easily no more .... draft picks are WAY fucking cheaper

Look at San Fran with Gabbert

Former 1st round pick ..... for a pack of nabs .... what do you think a former 4th round pick yet to play 16 games in a season will get you? A moon pie and a RC Cola?

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wouldn't happen man .......

A piece away Rb ..... team might use a 1st round draft choice on .... in the draft
The Colts were kinda dumb but I see why they did it ... elite prospect on a bad team and wanted to save Luck... as far as defenses just pure pass rushing him

but for the most part .... most teams think they can get running backs a dime a dozen in late rounds ....

It's no longer the 1990s .... Hell we got Murray in the 4th ... not a full season yet

NO CHANCE IN HELL a team gives a 2nd for him

Look at it like this .... we didnt even try for a 7th with Ware

Rookie cap ..... Trades dont get tossed around easily no more .... draft picks are WAY fucking cheaper

Look at San Fran with Gabbert

Former 1st round pick ..... for a pack of nabs .... what do you think a former 4th round pick yet to play 16 games in a season will get you? A moon pie and a RC Cola?

probably at best a 6th

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say never. Let's say Denver doesn't resign Moreno and Ball continues to fumble and falls on his face. I could see Denver based on this offseason thus far continuing their "all in" mentality and giving up a 2nd for Murray if he steps his game up to an even higher level. If they have no running game at all, everything else they did kind of goes out the window. Would they go as high as a 2nd is the question. Based on how RBs in FA just don't seem to get much love at all any more, it would be unlikely, but never and always are two words that don't belong in Sports.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say never. Let's say Denver doesn't resign Moreno and Ball continues to fumble and falls on his face. I could see Denver based on this offseason thus far continuing their "all in" mentality and giving up a 2nd for Murray if he steps his game up to an even higher level. If they have no running game at all, everything else they did kind of goes out the window. Would they go as high as a 2nd is the question. Based on how RBs in FA just don't seem to get much love at all any more, it would be unlikely, but never and always are two words that don't belong in Sports.

I think trading a 2nd for a running back is pretty bad business, one with an injury history like Murray, even worse. Maybe you do that a few years ago, but RB is so devalued now, you can pretty much have your pick of any RB in the draft in the late 1st-early 2nd. Why trade a 2nd for an injury prone, kid like Murray, when you can have a younger, cheaper kid like Eddie Lacy who the Packers took in the 2nd last year?