• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Curious Question

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way you can pull a 2nd for Murray is if a top contender lost their no. 1 and 2 RB's. Before the trade deadline. Even then that team will be leary of trading for a RB who hasn't made it through a season..

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way you can pull a 2nd for Murray is if a top contender lost their no. 1 and 2 RB's. Before the trade deadline. Even then that team will be leary of trading for a RB who hasn't made it through a season..

I don't know what the value would be. Philly just gave a 5th to NO for a 30 year old RB that at this point is not as good as Murray and was about to be cut until they learned there was a trade market for him. Philly has not only their All Pro #1 Back, but a good #2 also. So if Sproles is worth a 5 and Murray is younger and better, what is he worth? Now up it more because we are talking about a team that may be desperate as compared to Philly that didn't even have a need.

I'm not a huge Trent Richardson fan, but I think Murray is better and Richardson just went for a 1st round pick last year. Draft spot means nothing once a guy is in the league and Murray has been better.

The whole discussion is hypothetical because we aren't trading Murray, but I wouldn't say a 2nd WON'T happen. I'm sure Murray if he has a good start to next year would be highly sought after and I don't see why a team (especially if they agree to an extension) wouldn't be willing to give up a decent amount for him. Would it be a 2nd? Who knows, but in the scenario I described with Denver I'm sure they'd see that 2nd as almost a 3rd anyway.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the value would be. Philly just gave a 5th to NO for a 30 year old RB that at this point is not as good as Murray and was about to be cut until they learned there was a trade market for him. Philly has not only their All Pro #1 Back, but a good #2 also. So if Sproles is worth a 5 and Murray is younger and better, what is he worth? Now up it more because we are talking about a team that may be desperate as compared to Philly that didn't even have a need.

I'm not a huge Trent Richardson fan, but I think Murray is better and Richardson just went for a 1st round pick last year. Draft spot means nothing once a guy is in the league and Murray has been better.

The whole discussion is hypothetical because we aren't trading Murray, but I wouldn't say a 2nd WON'T happen. I'm sure Murray if he has a good start to next year would be highly sought after and I don't see why a team (especially if they agree to an extension) wouldn't be willing to give up a decent amount for him. Would it be a 2nd? Who knows, but in the scenario I described with Denver I'm sure they'd see that 2nd as almost a 3rd anyway.

I don't know the value either. I just think a SB caliber team will have to be desperate to make that trade. I don't see it as a possibility right now. I know I wouldn't trade a 2nd for Murray and if a team offered us that deal I'd help pack his bags.