• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cubs could end up with the NL MVP and Cy Young winner

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times in the NL?

14x by my count, including two in the past 12 years (Cards, Dodgers).

It's a lot more common than you think considering that the Cy's only been around for 60 years.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14x by my count, including two in the past 12 years (Cards, Dodgers).

It's a lot more common than you think considering that the Cy's only been around for 60 years.

I believe some of those winners were just Cy young winners also winning the MVP award as well.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on how the season finishes off there is a legit chance they could have the top 2 in both categories imo. If Arrieta and Hendricks pitch well the rest of the year and Rizzo and Bryant keep raking they could easily make a case. Probably would not happen as they'd invariably split votes but you could argue for it

Bill James' and Rob Neyers' Cy Young predictor doesn't have Hendricks in the top 10. Lester is though, at #9.

It's got a really tight race for the top spot between Cueto, Arrieta and Bumgarner, currently in that order.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all good to me........but won`t mean anything if my team can`t get it done this season.
And I`m losiing confidence fast.
They are just looking average vs the playoff teams.They need to put fear into their opponents eyes rather than hope.
And the Cardinals have a little revenge on their minds after last years p.o. series vs the Cubs..............But there is a month n a half to go.

Anything can happen.

I, for one, would like to see Cubs fans' misery continue at the hands of the Fighting Braves of The Cuyahoga.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill James' and Rob Neyers' Cy Young predictor doesn't have Hendricks in the top 10. Lester is though, at #9.

It's got a really tight race for the top spot between Cueto, Arrieta and Bumgarner, currently in that order.
Yeah the more I look at it I can't see Hendricks getting much love. Not enough innings really. He'd have to have a great last 8 starts. That order is probably right right now imo. Crazy we had 3 such great years last year and nothing real special this year

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the more I look at it I can't see Hendricks getting much love. Not enough innings really. He'd have to have a great last 8 starts. That order is probably right right now imo. Crazy we had 3 such great years last year and nothing real special this year

That Cy Predictor goes back 14 seasons and has correctly predicted 20 of the last 28 winners.

Keep in mind, it's not predicting future performance, so the predicted winner can and will change as these guys add to their numbers.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're too old to have ADD.

Three up three down top of the 1st
Three up three down bottom of the first

Three up three down top of the second
Three up three down bottom of the second

Three up three down top of the third