• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CS Northridge @ AZ

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm back!! Thanks for the help, GS. They still haven't written me back or sent me a password. Really fucking crazy.

Anyway, yes, I was at the game on Friday, and I'm going tonight.

Looks like we are doing what we did really every year under Miller except last year, and that is starting slow. I'm also a little worried about Stanimal. Obviously he is a monster, but he needs more arch on his 3pt. I think he also gets frustrated. He gets the ball and feels he needs to go straight to the hoop. It's so much better than Lyons trying to do that, but he is forcing so much. It would be so much more effective (if he's going to do that), to be able to kick it out when the defense collapses on him. But really, I'm not sure he should be running into crowded lanes to make his money. It seems like RHJ is doing the same thing, but he is much smarter about picking the times he does it.

Bear Down!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm back!! Thanks for the help, GS. They still haven't written me back or sent me a password. Really fucking crazy.

Anyway, yes, I was at the game on Friday, and I'm going tonight.

Looks like we are doing what we did really every year under Miller except last year, and that is starting slow. I'm also a little worried about Stanimal. Obviously he is a monster, but he needs more arch on his 3pt. I think he also gets frustrated. He gets the ball and feels he needs to go straight to the hoop. It's so much better than Lyons trying to do that, but he is forcing so much. It would be so much more effective (if he's going to do that), to be able to kick it out when the defense collapses on him. But really, I'm not sure he should be running into crowded lanes to make his money. It seems like RHJ is doing the same thing, but he is much smarter about picking the times he does it.

Bear Down!!!!

Weird... the mods sent me that temp-password, which I messaged to you on FB... and he said he had sent you an email with the same info. Maybe it went into spam, or something?

Normally they are really good here on SportsHoopla. Every time I've sent a message to the mods about trolling, or whatnot they have gotten back within the hour.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT -

Those other Wildcat fans might want to hold off on the 40-0 T-shirts for this season (we all remembered how it turned out in 2012-13... 9 losses).

Don't look now, but the mighty UK "NBA all-star team" is losing at halftime. At home.... to...the Buffalo Bulls.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a spam folder in my email. It should all get to me. And it is weird; I agree, these guys have been pretty good at responding, all of the other times I've reached out to them.

Oh well, whatever. Thanks again though.

On another different note, I am surprised that they didn't pad the seats in the upper bowl. Seems like it's worth the cost. The upper NE corner of the student section was pretty bare the other night. Not saying that they would be full if the seats were padded, but it wouldn't have hurt.

I still just can't believe that the #2 ranked Cats are not getting absolutely every seat filled. The attendance showed 14,655, which I think is sold out after the renovations. Still.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really liking the new lighting at Mckale. Seriously does look like nba quality

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the fact that Miller is playing deeper into his bench. Even if guys like Ristic and Victor are not in the rotation, once the tougher part of the schedule comes, it's better they get early minutes against some of these lower RPI teams. Miller's MO has been to play his rotation guys heavy minutes early to get them ready, but it's better to give the bench guys time.

and... I hope that Bash is ok, looked like he went down hard, haven't seen the replay yet... commercial break atm.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he took a shot to the face. Sigh of relief!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... oh, that's good, looks like Bash "only" took a shot to the mouth... for a minute there I thought it might be an ankle, or knee.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more GS. In the past, miller had his starters plus 1-2 more players log in a bunch of minutes early and didn't allow the bench to develop. I think it was after Ashley got hurt that he mentioned that he would play more players earlier in the season in the future. Looks like he's keeping his word. Happy to see a young coach able to change some of his philosophies for the better of the team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more GS. In the past, miller had his starters plus 1-2 more players log in a bunch of minutes early and didn't allow the bench to develop. I think it was after Ashley got hurt that he mentioned that he would play more players earlier in the season in the future. Looks like he's keeping his word. Happy to see a young coach able to change some of his philosophies for the better of the team.

No doubt, it is the major beef I've had with Miller since he has been here. Not a lot to complain about with his coaching style, preaching defense and team-first style of basketball...

... but there is no question that he needs to get his 8-10th guys minutes early in the season to build their confidence. You just never know when there will be foul trouble down the road and Ristic, or PJC, or Victor will be needed to step in during a big moment.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bash looks great physically, he is really flying around the court. If you just take time to watch him off the ball, he is really moving well, seems to be a lot more fluid with his strides than he has in the past.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, it is the major beef I've had with Miller since he has been here. Not a lot to complain about with his coaching style, preaching defense and team-first style of basketball...

... but there is no question that he needs to get his 8-10th guys minutes early in the season to build their confidence. You just never know when there will be foul trouble down the road and Ristic, or PJC, or Victor will be needed to step in during a big moment.

Giving dusan, victor, and pjc minutes this early will pay dividends later in the season and especially next year. I really like Dusans game. I think he can be a key contributor off the bench forZeus. And I like pjc paying under tj. Both freshman have great role models to learn under this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the combo of RHJ and Victor on the front line. They are the two best offensive rebounders on the team and both play tough/hard/gritty style of basketball. Not that Stanimal is soft, by any means... but I just like the idea of mixing in an RHJ/Victor/Tarc, or Bash frontline for parts of the game. Tough inside.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the combo of RHJ and Victor on the front line. They are the two best offensive rebounders on the team and both play tough/hard/gritty style of basketball. Not that Stanimal is soft, by any means... but I just like the idea of mixing in an RHJ/Victor/Tarc, or Bash frontline for parts of the game. Tough inside.

Stanley is playing high school defense at times. Tonight he allowed someone to go baseline and score an easy bucket. Last game he did the same thing trying to go for a block and failed. In high school he would have certainly got the block but that won't work at the collegiate level. He has much to learn.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Ashley looks great thus far. He's actively looking to score. I'd really like to see Gabe york get involved a bit more

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the F is everyone at? Is this what SporkDevil feels like? Sucks

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for my absence I was driving home and just got back. How we looking tonight? Pitts has 9!? Must be his career high. TJM's line is nice as always.