• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crosby out 2 games for hit in Boston Game

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I phrased my original question/statement poorly. Didn't mean to offend.
You would think a friggin' lawyer would know how to phrase things properly to prevent misunderstandings. :D ;)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Electomotive, I would like a consultation. Some elocomotive character clearly has a voodoo doll and used it to assault Sidney Crosby. I want to press charges or something.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Electomotive, I would like a consultation. Some elocomotive character clearly has a voodoo doll and used it to assault Sidney Crosby. I want to press charges or something.

Pittsburgh police are investigating, is conjunction with the effort of the Montreal PD.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing wrong with, in principle, calling someone a shitty human being based on opinions posted on a message board. Do we know each other personally? No. Can we make inferences on the quality of a person based on their stated opinions? Definitely, to an extent.

The problem, Eloco, is you say you're not wishing harm on Crosby, just that he never fully recovers. That about right? The thing is, they aren't really that different. You're hoping somebody never operates at 100% of their capability again. For the rest of their career. That's a pretty shitty thing to wish on anybody. It's also pretty cowardly. To win the cup, you should have to beat the best. Including Crosby, Datsyuk, Tim Thomas, or whoever. I mean, it's one thing to hope Crosby doesn't play well against the Caps in a playoff series, but to wish that he's plagues by PCS and plays sub-par the rest of his life? Pretty harsh.

So I won't go as far as saying you're a shitty human being, but yeah, it's a pretty shitty opinion you've got there.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once took a shitty diarrhea

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the Loki/Eloco thing earlier, but just now saw how it started.

Bravo, Eloco. You said what you think, and that is what these boards are for.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing wrong with, in principle, calling someone a shitty human being based on opinions posted on a message board. Do we know each other personally? No. Can we make inferences on the quality of a person based on their stated opinions? Definitely, to an extent.

The problem, Eloco, is you say you're not wishing harm on Crosby, just that he never fully recovers. That about right? The thing is, they aren't really that different. You're hoping somebody never operates at 100% of their capability again. For the rest of their career. That's a pretty shitty thing to wish on anybody. It's also pretty cowardly. To win the cup, you should have to beat the best. Including Crosby, Datsyuk, Tim Thomas, or whoever. I mean, it's one thing to hope Crosby doesn't play well against the Caps in a playoff series, but to wish that he's plagues by PCS and plays sub-par the rest of his life? Pretty harsh.

So I won't go as far as saying you're a shitty human being, but yeah, it's a pretty shitty opinion you've got there.

Alright then. I see a world of difference between the two. I would love to be a pro hockey player. My body had other plans, but I'm still a pretty happy dude. Being able to function as a human being and live your life (find love, have kids, be a son, be a father, holidays, travel, etc.) is much different than your body being able to perform as a pro athlete. The former is 1,000 times more important and no matter how much we love this game, it's still just a game. Crosby has won a Cup and a gold medal. He's made a ton of money. There are lots of other things he could go do and live a full, satisfied life - something I'd never want taken away from anyone. Some guys bodies just don't hold up to play the game. That's just how it is. It's gonna be somebody. From my point of view, I'd much rather that's a Crosby than a Backstrom.

If you want to infer something about my character, you go right ahead. But you don't fucking know me.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to infer something about my character, you go right ahead. But you don't fucking know me.

Relax man. Christ, do I need to quote myself?

I think you have a shitty opinion. Get it?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we make inferences on the quality of a person based on their stated opinions? Definitely, to an extent.

Opinions > Inference on quality of a person
Your opinion is shitty > ____________

Yeah, you're not saying it, but are my logical skills so terrible I can't fill in the blank? Relax? Been getting attacked about this all day long. Can't imagine why I'd be annoyed. :rollsfuckingeyes:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions > Inference on quality of a person
Your opinion is shitty > ____________

Yeah, you're not saying it, but are my logical skills so terrible I can't fill in the blank? Relax? Been getting attacked about this all day long. Can't imagine why I'd be annoyed. :rollsfuckingeyes:
Yeah, I do believe you can make inferences on the quality of a person based on their posts. For example, if someone said something really extreme (like "I wish Hitler had finished the job") I would think they were a bad person off the board as well. If somebody repeatedly made stupid comments, I would think they're stupid. I've seen you posting for a few years, we've had reasonable debates, and I don't think you fit either of those categories. But on THIS ISSUE, I think it's a shitty thing to wish on someone.

I want to move ahead in my job. That's more likely to happen if I outperform my colleagues. Now, if one of my colleagues, maybe someone competing with me for a promotion, had a car accident, and had trouble concentrating at work, would it be immoral of me to hope his predicament continued indefinitely? He would still get paid. He could still have a happy life outside work. Maybe even find another job where he didn't have to concentrate as hard.

Am I missing something, or aren't you wishing the same on Crosby? Sure, you don't know him personally, he's a millionaire, he's already accomplished quite a bit, but the principle is the same.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eloco is a classhole, it is a known fact.

FTR, I don't agree with Eloco but I don't think he's a shitty human being for thinking what he thinks. And While it'd be sweet to beat a fully healthy Pens on route to win a cup, I'd take a cup vs whichever 4 teams.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eloco:

Just to be a dick, I present you with this incredibly leading question, a trap if you will:

Do you think you come across as a hypocrite, advocating the banishment of fighting in the NHL due to the danger, yet at the same time hoping that a guy who was injured due to cheap hits doesn't recover? Do you think that erodes the foundation of your stance on fighting at all?