• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crappy Ass SportsHoopla Boards

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the ESPN group you and I were in were different. My group was more on the baseball conversation boards. I remember the board you're talking about though, some real characters back then.

Yea they were a lot of fun...I used to stir the pot quite often and start everyone fighting , then sit back and watch the fireworks....Some were good posters and would stay to the end, but a bunch of the groupies started their own board and left...They couldn't take the opposition, they're still around today, but I wouldn't send a 10 yr old there, he'd be too adult for them....:heh:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1000 bullshit ,no point posts or relevant posts? Post count doesn't mean jack shit.
it does if you have been here 3 years and are complaing there are enough ppl here.

If he makes less than 1 post every 3 days, hes not really contributing to the big fan base he wants

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I miss the old mouse ears board for the cowboys sometimes lots of shall we say characters were on that board most of the solid posters came over to the hoop some never made it through the migration and some got slaughtered once here some got banned including myself and were able to come back

All in all Im just happy to post among people I consider extended family that I have never meet :suds:

JMHO

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does if you have been here 3 years and are complaing there are enough ppl here.

If he makes less than 1 post every 3 days, hes not really contributing to the big fan base he wants

I agree, I've only been here 3 yrs and the first yr I didn't post much til I developed a repartee with some of the main posters on here, sonnyblack, PsychWard, Redseat, Steel, etc....Then I began getting involved and now a moderate 4000 + posts, as a Ravens fan, a minority on here and I ain't complaining....:noidea:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I've only been here 3 yrs and the first yr I didn't post much til I developed a repartee with some of the main posters on here, sonnyblack, PsychWard, Redseat, Steel, etc....Then I began getting involved and now a moderate 4000 + posts, as a Ravens fan, a minority on here and I ain't complaining....:noidea:
u suck your a ravens fan, but i like u:pound:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've checked in on the Hoop nearly every day for 3 years. I read 1,000 times more than I post. I've read many of your posts over and over and I'm familiar with damn near everyone on this site. It's just my style. Quality over quantity. I wasn't really bitchin' about it as the post was intended in good fun. However since I read all of the team boards as well, I just thought it was strange that several of them are ghost towns. I always enjoy reading other fans thoughts about their team. Ninety nine percent of my posts are on the Broncos board.

Having contributed nearly a thousand times, I felt that I had the right to post about a meaningless topic during the slow off-season. I guess I assumed incorrectly. I'll definitely make sure that I think more clearly about it before I post the next time! :suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've checked in on the Hoop nearly every day for 3 years. I read 1,000 times more than I post. I've read many of your posts over and over and I'm familiar with damn near everyone on this site. It's just my style. Quality over quantity. I wasn't really bitchin' about it as the post was intended in good fun. However since I read all of the team boards as well, I just thought it was strange that several of them are ghost towns. I always enjoy reading other fans thoughts about their team. Ninety nine percent of my posts are on the Broncos board.

Having contributed nearly a thousand times, I felt that I had the right to post about a meaningless topic during the slow off-season. I guess I assumed incorrectly. I'll definitely make sure that I think more clearly about it before I post the next time! :suds:
damn straight!:lol::suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site has been around awhile. Why is it still the "haves" and "have nots"? There are at least a dozen individual team boards on the Hoop that literally have no posters. Why aren't Hooplans out there recruiting the masses? We need parity on the Hoop, dammit! As much as I hate them, it would be nice to see a Raider or Charger fan occasionally. What are you doing about this Hammer? We need balance.

C'mon Jags, Titans, Chargers, Raiders, Texans, et al. Represent!

You got the PayPal I sent, right?

Wait, this is a PM, right?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel it is incumbent upon me to particularly call out the Pats board.

I mean what in the holy fuck?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a mystery why some of these team boards are lacking, others not so much. Jags, Bucs I can understand , Giants not so much.

When I came over from CBS I haven't seen any of the guys that posted on the team over there, ( well one found his way over here) I think when some of the other sites went to crap folks scatter and that they settled on other not so cool sites....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I came over from CBS I haven't seen any of the guys that posted on the team over there, ( well one found his way over here) I think when some of the other sites went to crap folks scatter and that they settled on other not so cool sites....
Hey now, I still post on one of those "not so cool" sites...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a mystery why some of these team boards are lacking, others not so much. Jags, Bucs I can understand , Giants not so much.
No mystery at all. Why would a community suddenly move to SportsHoopla en masse unless their current 'home' is being closed down and they don't want to create a new home of their own? Creating your own forum on a free platform such as Proboards is the way to go for most communities. You get to decide who can join, what the rules are, and how the boards are set out rather than having outsiders post crap everywhere and telling you you're too thin-skinned if you don't like it.

...and you don't have to deal with all the adverts and tracking software to boot.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All serious though has anyone ever meet a Jag's fan in person?

The other teams Texans and Chargers have some fans here, Gmen do as well, they just don't live and die on the team boards...