• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. This is the reason why I feel that we will no longer targeting the WR position at all within the first 3 rounds. I feel as if they believe that Boldin has upgraded the group significantly, and therefore don't need to address it early in 2013. In addition, they don't want to make it seem as if they have given up on Jenkins. Taking all these factors into consideration I see us going heavy on the defensive side of the ball come draft time. I see us moving up in the late teens to acquire a falling defensive player. I see us Trying to package one of our 2nd round pick and our 3rd round pick to move up again at the end of the first round to select yet another defensive player (which would leave then leave us with only one 2nd round pick). And with our late second round pick I see us adding yet another defensive player Or a TE to take on Walker's role. We need a TE anyway just in case Vernon goes down. But I am willing to guess at this point that our first draft picks will be towards defensive players.

I agree with everything you just threw down in terms of us moving up, but I see us moving up from our second 2nd rd to the mid, to upper part of the 2nd. We need impact and Baalke knows that. Our depth isn't in question, our ability to draft impact players that will help the team NOW is what I believe we will be looking for. Especially in this draft, where everyone draft from 10-40 are on par with each other in terms of talent and scheme. If we could get 3 picks within the first 40 picks or so, we have just infused our team with serious talent. If we have the ammo in draft picks to get it done, we might as well get after it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with everything you just threw down in terms of us moving up, but I see us moving up from our second 2nd rd to the mid, to upper part of the 2nd. We need impact and Baalke knows that. Our depth isn't in question, our ability to draft impact players that will help the team NOW is what I believe we will be looking for. Especially in this draft, where everyone draft from 10-40 are on par with each other in terms of talent and scheme. If we could get 3 picks within the first 40 picks or so, we have just infused our team with serious talent. If we have the ammo in draft picks to get it done, we might as well get after it.

:agree:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could get the 44th overall pick and a 7th rounder for our two thirds, 4th, two 5ths, and 6th round picks. That would give us one 1st rounder and three 2nd rounders total. 3 picks in the top 44. We would have one 4th(comp pick), and four 7th round picks left in the draft. Money would be spent on the top guys and the rest would be practice squad.

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it to be:

1a) Austin
1b) Jones
2) Reid
3) Hankins
4) Lattimore

I would be fired up if the draft went this way for us.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, that didn't seem to plague him in 2012. But I'm telling you, being from NY, and having watched him play for several years I can tell you that it was baddd for him in NY as a member of the Giants. Granted he had much more passes thrown in his direction as a Giants receiver, but still it was bad...

True.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

With Manningham it's all mental. He could have been a number one I thought coming out of college. The man was and still is the definition of clutch. If we only had him those last few minutes of the SB.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could get the 44th overall pick and a 7th rounder for our two thirds, 4th, two 5ths, and 6th round picks. That would give us one 1st rounder and three 2nd rounders total. 3 picks in the top 44. We would have one 4th(comp pick), and four 7th round picks left in the draft. Money would be spent on the top guys and the rest would be practice squad.

$4,117,728 would be the first year cap hit for: 31 (1st), 34 (2nd), 44 (2nd), 61 (2nd), 131 (4th comp pick) based on what last year's rookies earned.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
$4,117,728 would be the first year cap hit for: 31 (1st), 34 (2nd), 44 (2nd), 61 (2nd), 131 (4th comp pick) based on what last year's rookies earned.

I would love it if we had three 2nd round picks. Man, I could already see a bunch of names falling to that round, we would have plentiful of impact players to choose from (a kid at a candy store).