• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree, any hope for him or done with him?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading through many posts it seems a lot of you are very down on crabtree and have been even before we drafted him. While I can understand why you guys feel this way, i was just wondering who is done with him and who still believes he can put up some good numbers?

Ill admit it is worrysome that he hasnt had a full preseason under his belt and he can be questioned about that. Seems as though its a legit injury and he seems to be working hard in the classroom and his work ethic seems to be pretty good. Is your mind already set on him that he can be nothing better than a number 2 WR to you? He hasnt lived up to his draft # thats for sure but i still believe he can put up some good numbers in this system. Just wondering what all the posters thought on him, i know a few of you dont think much of him at all already lol.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personally I think he could still produce good numbers. I always thought he would make an exceptional #2 receiver. However, as a niner fan I am done with him. His work ethic is absolutely terrible. Granted he is injured, but why wasn't this taken care of earlier in the year. He seems to be too selfish for me.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Braylon is slightly better than Crabtree and I hope Braylon works out for us and we can sign him to a longer deal maybe around $5M/year. I don't think Braylon will have the type of year that will command huge money plus he'll be 29 years old so it's hard to justify a bigger contract than that.

I think Crabtree will be great as a receiver playing with Vernon and Braylon.
He might be the guy getting 3rd amount of attention and he can do well.

If it was just Crabtree I don't think he could pull it off, he's probably get shut down.

So if our WR position settles down to Braylon, Crabtree and either RoJo or Williams as the #3, and Vernon and Walker at TE, I'm quite happy about the WR position.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could put up good numbers if he had speed, could stay healthy and got in actual off-season work. Still not a #1 WR. You don't draft #2 WRs at #10 overall.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crabtree flashes a lot of talent at times but then disappears. He's got a few issues holding him back but if he can get over the first three I'd be okay with him as a #2a WR for our team:

1. He can't be trusted
2. He can't be trusted
3. He can't be trusted
4. Doesn't break as many open field tackles as he should
5. Too many drops (practice in training camp!)
6. Is not on same page as QB (practice in training camp!)

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not done with him as a player. I don't think he has shown anything to make me believe he is a true number 1 threat, but he isn't horrible. With a better QB he should do better as well.

My problem with him is his personality. He acts like he doesn't want to be here. I think his mind is in Dallas. He doesn't seem fully committed, or focused, and so far has lived up to the diva reputation. He does as much as (or more than) his QBs to make sure there is no chemistry between them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not done with him yet as I think he can be a productive #2.

Also I think his attitude issue has been a bit blown out of proportion. He strikes me as a guy who's an introvert that has difficulties with people than a guy that's a bonafide diva.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not done with him yet as I think he can be a productive #2.

Also I think his attitude issue has been a bit blown out of proportion. He strikes me as a guy who's an introvert that has difficulties with people than a guy that's a bonafide diva.

I think also Crabtree lets others influence him too much, whether that be his agent or Deion or whoever. Look at Gore, he's got Rosenhaus as an agent who's got to be near the top of the list of A-hole agents, but Frank only held out a few days and now he's fully focused on football. I think Frank made up his mind after a few days he wants to play, and worry about the contract later.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree is a bit of an enigma to me. Everything on his attitude is hearsay, although his altercation with Vernon Davis is a big selling point. He has the tools, but has been injury prone thus far. I have high hopes that he and Braylon can form a nice duo for the receiving corp, but they still need someone to get them the ball.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think also Crabtree lets others influence him too much, whether that be his agent or Deion or whoever. Look at Gore, he's got Rosenhaus as an agent who's got to be near the top of the list of A-hole agents, but Frank only held out a few days and now he's fully focused on football. I think Frank made up his mind after a few days he wants to play, and worry about the contract later.

Well that's the things with introverts is they typically don't have forceful personalities and much rather go with the flow than fight against it. My guess is all he wanted to do is play football and just followed the advice from the people around him.

Not saying it's the right thing to do but I would say it's likely what happened.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked when the Niners drafted him but after missing 3 straight training camps I'm pretty much done with him. His training camp "injuries" seem lame and doesn't seem to want to build that rapport with the offense.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With his production you can't say that if he didn't have a good QB he wouldn't be a 1000 yd WR.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to give him this season to see how he does. He hasn't been that terrible if you look at him compared to our other receivers. The problem is we drafted him 10th over all and you want someone you draft that high to have a big impact immediately. I think he has a better chance this year to succeed in the West Coast Offense, but i was never a fan of the pick to begin with. If we had it my way we would have taken Orakpo instead and drafted Dez Bryant the following year. That's just me being selfish, though.

Kings of The West

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He is done. Selfish, injury prone divas have no place on this team in my opinion. Unfortunately, we may have two of them.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% sure he's talking about Moran Norris.