• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coyotes have a new GM

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago
John Chayka will be named GM of ARI tomorrow. Promoted from asst GM, Chayka turns 27 on June 9. Head coach Dave Tippett expanded role.

Damn it, I wanted that job :D
3rd times a charm? How many have they gone through in the last 5 years?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a lot to outdo the on going train wreck that is the Florida Panthers, but somehow the Coyotes are always up to the task.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, to wind up in the mud because of your god damn 4th round pick lol.

I mean, we all did stupid stuff when we were 14 years old (I know I sure did). I think the part that bothers me though is the following:

Joni Meyer-Crothers said the other boy broke down in tears while personally apologizing to her son, yet Miller has never personally apologized, she said, other than the court-mandated letter.

The Coyotes sent The Republic a copy of the letter that Miller claimed to have given to the victim and his family. The family said on Friday they never received the letter.

If this is true, the apology rings pretty hollow to me.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, this really hits home for Akim...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we all did stupid stuff when we were 14 years old (I know I sure did). I think the part that bothers me though is the following:

Joni Meyer-Crothers said the other boy broke down in tears while personally apologizing to her son, yet Miller has never personally apologized, she said, other than the court-mandated letter.

The Coyotes sent The Republic a copy of the letter that Miller claimed to have given to the victim and his family. The family said on Friday they never received the letter.

If this is true, the apology rings pretty hollow to me.
Here's the thing - at 14 I had just barely started understanding what that word was, and my introduction to it was through rap music. I'm sure the average kid these days are made aware of it through music earlier nowadays but i'm sure it's still a rudimentary understanding of it in general. For example, a couple of years ago the Clayton Bigsby Chappelle skit came up in a conversation between my siblings and my parents & relatives and we put it on the screen to show it to them. My cousin was in 9th grade at the time so was no younger than 14 and about a third of the way through she finally asked "what's the KKK?".

This kid fucking weaponized it. Not only that, used it in partnership with what I can only describe as a horrific assault on a peer that is developmentally challenged and while I know kids are cruel and people with challenges are often easy targets and I can guarantee everyone here at some point likely said something horrible at one time or another toward such a person at somepoint in their childhood that they would be horrified to hear today, this incident is utterly vile in its cruelty and combined with the racialized element of it my guess is he comes from a very shallow place.

So yeah, combined with what appears to be an utter lack of remorse, I have little sympathy here at this time. It's not too late - if he were to make an honest effort to reconcile this with acts of public good and service to the communities he literally pissed on I could see a way forward where he doesn't have to live with this cloud over his head.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
not just to say "our morals are better", but to point out that the information was readily available
(even without illegal advanced scouting)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not just to say "our morals are better", but to point out that the information was readily available
(even without illegal advanced scouting)

Certainly not

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to a great start.

Gimme a sec. Gotta Control my emotions...

Sigh... 4 time leg tap and go....

This kid has to grow fucking up. It pains me deeply to read every word that happened. It also Hurts me deeply that my gut reaction to reading about how this happened to my "own kin" is

THIS DOESN'T SUPERISE ME

Before explanation. Let me make one thing clear. The own kin means A person with developmental disabilities, or as the new buzzword Diverseablilites. Every one here knows on I'm High Functioning Autistic, right. Ok cool.

I don't like getting into stories about this time because it is hard for me to brings back memories that I've tried to lock in under panic room guidelines in the way way back in the deepest parts of the brain but this....

I have seen alot of shit like this, growing up. Some of it to me, some to others.

In closing let me say this. 4 years ago me and a classmate were doing a presentation in a social justice class about Diverseablilites. We asked the class of 2?-3? could they define what it is....

Nearly 4/5ths of the class had their hand raised.

The one who answered had it correct. Gave me some hope and happiness on the things to come.

One step forward, two steps back huh?