• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Waiver Wire action

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think the guy is gonna be our 2nd string DE?

He did play some LB with the Ravens, and they know just a little about defense. I do think that they need to updgrade the back up DE and LBs positions, and Jones will get a look at both positions with Marinelli. To say the move was strictly for special teams when they just released some LBs and how poorly their current back up DEs just looked, is just wrong. Not saying that Jones will be guaranteed back up to anything, but you don't wast a roster spot on just one dimensional football player with this team's injury history. You bozos just don't understand the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did play some LB with the ravens, and they know just a little about defense. I do think that they need to updgradwe the back up DE and LBs positions, and Jones will get a look at both positions with Marinelli. To say the move was strictly for special teams when they just release some LBs and how poorly their current back up DEs looked, is just wrong. Not saying that Jones will be guaranteed back up to anything, but you don't wast a roster spot on just one dimensional football player with this team's injury history. You bozos just don't understand the game.
well don't claim to be an expert. I do claim to have opinions though. My opinion is the Cowboys are always quick to trade late round draft picks. From things I read the only time the guy will see the field is on special teams. Unless he shows something here that he didn't show elsewhere, if it gets down to him playing on defense chances are the Cowboys make another move to get someone else in here. So while yes he would be on a depth chart, I wouldn't call it depth.

The Ravens do know about Defense. & they released him.

Now can you honk my big red nose? :D

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey chuckles....nobody said he wouldn't play a defensive position but the attraction is special teams.
See dummy, there is this think called nickel and dime packages and by golly on occasions they just might take a LB like player and put his hand on the ground for a dime package.

"I think it was a move to add some depth at both LB and DE as well as special teams"

lol....that's some brilliant shit right there.
Onward mr. football

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well don't claim to be an expert. I do claim to have opinions though. My opinion is the Cowboys are always quick to trade late round draft picks. From things I read the only time the guy will see the field is on special teams. Unless he shows something here that he didn't show elsewhere, if it gets down to him playing on defense chances are the Cowboys make another move to get someone else in here. So while yes he would be on a depth chart, I wouldn't call it depth.

The Ravens do know about Defense. & they released him.

Now can you honk my big red nose? :D

Yeah, but you don't waste a spot on the 53 man roster for just a one-dimensional player. Jason Garrett has stated the same as well all along. It just doesn't matter where you are coming from but how how well you do when you get the opportunity.

We'll see.....thread is bookmarked. It's been nice kids.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"thread is bookmarked"

lol.....that must be some list....how often do you delete?

Just remember should the off chance you are right about something.....it was a couple of opinions, not the entire fan base that posts here

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you don't waste a spot on the 53 man roster for just a one-dimensional player. Jason Garrett has stated the same as well all along. It just doesn't matter where you are coming from but how how well you do when you get the opportunity.

We'll see.....thread is bookmarked. It's been nice kids.
do you ever come back with your bookmarked threads & say hey guys I was wrong on this one? Or with those you just hope everyone forgets you ever said anything?

BTW when I am wrong & it gets pointed out I'll agree to eat crow. hell I even point it out myself at times. No big deal to me. Part of having an early opinion. So let me know how it turns out. Thanks!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did play some LB with the Ravens, and they know just a little about defense. I do think that they need to updgrade the back up DE and LBs positions, and Jones will get a look at both positions with Marinelli. To say the move was strictly for special teams when they just released some LBs and how poorly their current back up DEs just looked, is just wrong. Not saying that Jones will be guaranteed back up to anything, but you don't wast a roster spot on just one dimensional football player with this team's injury history. You bozos just don't understand the game.

Well of course he'll get a few snaps with the regular defense, but barring injury or a blowout, I don't see more than a few a game

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you ever come back with your bookmarked threads & say hey guys I was wrong on this one? Or with those you just hope everyone forgets you ever said anything?

BTW when I am wrong & it gets pointed out I'll agree to eat crow. hell I even point it out myself at times. No big deal to me. Part of having an early opinion. So let me know how it turns out. Thanks!

You better start eating crow then with the rest of the clueless morons that post here. Jason Garrett just said in his presser that Jones and Bosworth are limited "position role players" as well as acquired for special teams....something that I attempted to break down for you and the lovefest crew here yesterday before the jokes broke out again. It's getting tiresome schooling you girls on the game of football all the time.....carry on.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better start eating crow then with the rest of the clueless morons that post here. Jason Garrett just said in his presser that Jones and Bosworth are limited "position role players" as well as acquired for special teams....something that I attempted to break down for you and the lovefest crew here yesterday before the jokes broke out again. It's getting tiresome schooling you girls on the game of football all the time.....carry on.
Lets see. I see "acquired" for Special teams. Then I see "limited" position role players. That hardly screams depth. So who's side were you taking up with this post? :scratch:

there is a good chance Jones isn't even on the team by this time next year. (or even later this year) if that happens. I don't care to lose our 6th for a player not on the team.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see. I see "acquired" for Special teams. Then I see "limited" position role players. That hardly screams depth. So who's side were you taking up with this post? :scratch:

there is a good chance Jones isn't even on the team by this time next year. (or even later this year) if that happens. I don't care to lose our 6th for a player not on the team.
heres some things said from the boys website to add.

the question

Hopefully all of these linebackers we are getting from waivers can play offensive line. Why are we going so deep at linebacker where we are already solid and not in the trenches?

parts of the answers pertaining to this conversation

Rowan: The Cowboys addressed some special teams woes with the linebackers that were brought in. It’s also possible one of them shifts in and moves to defensive line, but none of the signings will help in the interior on either side of the line.

David: My guess would be that they’ve been brought in not so much to shore up the linebacker corps, but to help fix the coverage units.

Sounds like to me I am not the only one thinking it is basically a Special team move & not relied on for depth.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres some things said from the boys website to add.

the question

Hopefully all of these linebackers we are getting from waivers can play offensive line. Why are we going so deep at linebacker where we are already solid and not in the trenches?

parts of the answers pertaining to this conversation

Rowan: The Cowboys addressed some special teams woes with the linebackers that were brought in. It’s also possible one of them shifts in and moves to defensive line, but none of the signings will help in the interior on either side of the line.

David: My guess would be that they’ve been brought in not so much to shore up the linebacker corps, but to help fix the coverage units.

Sounds like to me I am not the only one thinking it is basically a Special team move & not relied on for depth.

Lmao....boys website? I'm quoting you words from the head coach moron...get real. Those quotes from the crowd you've posted here, basically confirms what I have been trying to get thorough to you as well...lol

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao....boys website? I'm quoting you words from the head coach moron...get real. Those quotes from the crowd you've posted here, basically confirms what I have been trying to get thorough to you as well...lol
The addition of linebackers Kyle Bosworth and Edgar Jones is something Garrett said helps the Cowboys’ special teams in a big way. The Cowboys claimed Bosworth off waivers Sunday – the only player they claimed during the weekend scramble for new acquisitions. They traded away a sixth-round draft pick to Kansas City for Jones. Both players are career special teamers and should help upgrade a kick coverage unit that was not impressive in the preseason.

from the head coach himself. again nothing said about it being about depth. Reason for it is special teams.

Now say uncle! :becky: