• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs. Saints

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disguised packages is no excuse for the quarterback to not get the ball to open receivers and Romo had plenty of time on most plays to decipher the defense and get the ball to the open man and he didn't. He also had a good running game last night and that still didn't help him. Romo has had trouble with every defense he's faced this year besides the Broncos and Rams. I don't know what games you've been watching. The defense scoring points and the great Special Teams has masked Romo's average quarterback play this year. In the past I could clearly see Romo was the best player on our team and he made plays to help us win games and stay in games. I have not seen that Romo this year much at all aside from the last drive in the Minnesota game and Denver game.

I see Romo as playing scared. By that I mean with all the criticism he has received in the past for the int's he is being extra careful this year. Well I for one prefer the old Romo to this walk on egg shells one. We have the media and Frieds to blame.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you can blame Romo for everything. It sure is a popular thing to do.

But Romo is 6th in passer rating, 3rd in TD's 6th in Comp% 6th in yardage ...and the big shocker on 6 ints.
It's clear crystal clear that you have a weed up your ass when it comes to Romo ...and all facts be damned

As PDay has said here countless times, decisions on where to go with the football do not show up on the stat sheet. And I'm not blaming everything on Romo. Only saying that he has played average at best this year all the while the defense continues to be everybody's scapegoat.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As PDay has said here countless times, decisions on where to go with the football do not show up on the stat sheet. And I'm not blaming everything on Romo. Only saying that he has played average at best this year all the while the defense continues to be everybody's scapegoat.

Romo has some issues no doubt. But if your going to set up a triage for the Cowboys, please don't tell me that Romo gets priority treatment.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo has some issues no doubt. But if your going to set up a triage for the Cowboys, please don't tell me that Romo gets priority treatment.

This year, Romo does. He has not been as good this year as in the past.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is my question. The defense struggles to put bodies on the field each week for practice.

the issues continue to be adjustments made during games or lack of....we can not underestimate the decisions made when made during the heat of battle. How much of that is Callahan and how much is Romo? I know if I'm Garrett and going down with this ship, I'd put a play sheet back in my hand and take control. Rob Ryan knew the 3/4 patterns Dez runs and took them away..... and the Dallas O coaches have nothing to counter this? I don't know.....sure seems a group effort to me

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the problems the Cowboys are still top of the NFC East. Hit form at the right time and the bad days won't matter.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the defense is decimated, but give the fucking keys to Marinelli already. Kiffin is fucking terrible and passed his prime.

What DC in the history of the league could get this injury plagued group that is borderline in the secondary even when healthy to perform at NO?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please dont take up for Kiffen. That has to be the worst hire I have seen since Switzer

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please dont take up for Kiffen. That has to be the worst hire I have seen since Switzer

The point is not taking up for Kiffin, its just that you can't judge him on the hand he's been dealt. Did anyone see Heath out there? He couldn't cover, couldn't tackle and couldn't get free of the block of a WR. Want a summary of his night? Watch the first TD pass. He starts out deep (around the 10 from memory) and then when Colston starts coming at him he drops 5 yards deep in the end zone, but Colston is still not even inside the 10 yard line yet. WTF was he thinking? I won't talk about the DL because I don't know anything about half of them.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is not taking up for Kiffin, its just that you can't judge him on the hand he's been dealt. Did anyone see Heath out there? He couldn't cover, couldn't tackle and couldn't get free of the block of a WR. Want a summary of his night? Watch the first TD pass. He starts out deep (around the 10 from memory) and then when Colston starts coming at him he drops 5 yards deep in the end zone, but Colston is still not even inside the 10 yard line yet. WTF was he thinking? I won't talk about the DL because I don't know anything about half of them.

Plus Heath like most of the rest of the defense continue to take bad angles in covering their man. I have seen this too much this year to just chalk it up to a bad play. I think we have talent on defense with not enough smarts. Lee, Hatcher, Ware, and Carr look tlke they know what they are suppose to do out there. The rest not so much. We don't have a smart defensive team at the moment.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is pathetic and seems to break a record or two everytime they go out there.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Heath like most of the rest of the defense continue to take bad angles in covering their man. I have seen this too much this year to just chalk it up to a bad play. I think we have talent on defense with not enough smarts. Lee, Hatcher, Ware, and Carr look tlke they know what they are suppose to do out there. The rest not so much. We don't have a smart defensive team at the moment.
Your kidding right? Ware smart. Once again N.O. attacked the middle and side Ware was on. what happened, over 200 yards rushing in a big game again against a elite team and elite QB. We have no talent on defense and everyone is stupid all the way to the coaching staff. Lets keep Ware, Romo, Hatcher, Austin, Murray, Spencer, Witten, etc., and lets do it all over again for a few more years. Wow. :lame:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your kidding right? Ware smart. Once again N.O. attacked the middle and side Ware was on. what happened, over 200 yards rushing in a big game again against a elite team and elite QB. We have no talent on defense and everyone is stupid all the way to the coaching staff. Lets keep Ware, Romo, Hatcher, Austin, Murray, Spencer, Witten, etc., and lets do it all over again for a few more years. Wow. :lame:

Ware still has a bad hammy in that game. Your DUMB ASS hate has gotten old a long time ago.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your words.

"Making a ton of $$$$ this year. As long as they make me money, who cares."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again N.O. attacked the middle and side Ware was on. what happened, over 200 yards rushing in a big game again against a elite team and elite QB.

Ware was badly injured, played half the game and was still our best DL. What is he supposed to do when he doesn't even know the guys playing next to him and we lose two LBs and the secondary is useless in run support?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware and Murray where the only bright spot Sunday night. Ware was clearly in pain and still manage to sack Brees and had at least 3 other pressure. Have to disagree with the Ware Bashing yet again. Cowboys where out coached on both sides of the ball. Romo has to try and take more chances with Dez and believe he will win in some tough situations. Dez was clearly hurt on Sunday night as well.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware and Murray where the only bright spot Sunday night. Ware was clearly in pain and still manage to sack Brees and had at least 3 other pressure. Have to disagree with the Ware Bashing yet again. Cowboys where out coached on both sides of the ball. Romo has to try and take more chances with Dez and believe he will win in some tough situations. Dez was clearly hurt on Sunday night as well.

Agree with the more chances to Dez idea. It seems Romo is so worried about the media and fans that he is afraid to risk anything any more. I'm not saying Romo needs to go full Farve but he does need to find some of the Romo he lost. Right now I don't think defenses are worried at all about us going deep. They are sitting on short passes and the running game. Hell I think anyone of us can coach a defense against Dallas right now. What pisses me off is the OL looks better than the last few years, but the offense looks worse.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware still has a bad hammy in that game. Your DUMB ASS hate has gotten old a long time ago.

You either can play or not. He played and sucked as usual in a big game. What's getting old is you guys drinking the Jerry Jones cool aid. Lets just be mediocre for another 16 years.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I',

Not bashing anyone. Its time to blow up this whole thing and get rid of all big contracts, dead weight, etc., and star over. It just happens to include Murray and Ware. Ware is done. He will never be anymore than he has been the last 2 years, injury prone and protected and stuck up for by the football clueless.