• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys vs Giants Who you got?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you didnt do that on one ticket because Vegas will promptly take out 40% on any winnings over $2,000. That $6000 in winning will be hacked down to $3600. Remember that folks. If you ever do a bet NEVER have the winning amount to over $2000. Instead of $500 at 12/1 you will get all $6000 if you bet $100 at 12/1 on 5 different stubs.

And I agree with what one of the early posting Redskins fans posted, "I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 yard pole". All I know is whomever wins their fans will take it too seriously. Teams can change massively from game 1 to game 16 in either way.

Shit, my Eagles were 3-1 last year and beat the Super Bowl champs.... then looked what happened.

Vegas takes the 40% and sends it to Uncle Sam. Not sure why but gambling money is taxed at a higher rate than income. Vegas reports $1,200 and above to the IRS, that's why the 25cent Video Poker jackpot is set at $1,199. If the payout was 1,200 the player loses nearly $400 to the IRS.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas take the 40% and sends it to Uncle Sam. Not sure why but gambling money is taxed at a higher rate than income. Vegas reports $1,200 and above to the IRS, that's why the 25cent Video Poker jackpot is set at $1,199. If the payout was 1,200 the player loses nearly $400 to the IRS.

Gambling much like the stock market is considered luck, you didnt "earn" it. therefore Uncle Sam figures you dont need as much of it. Take a look at the capitol gains tax, its just as much as the gambling winnings tax. the entire tax code is crooked though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now I probably take the Giants this week. Probably no Spencer, still learning the new D and the OL isn't quite there yet. With Waters on board to go with Leary and Frederick, I'm thinking after we hit our stride we may be positioning ourselves to get better as the year goes on for a change. So, even though week 1 may not go our way in a big divisional home game, I'm starting to be more and more confident about making the playoffs this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put Denver in the elite this year. Barring injuries, etc., the 3 best teams in the NFL going into this season is Seattle, San Francisco & Atlanta. I took Seattle and their bunch defense for $500.00 to win the super bowl getting 12/1 odds.

IMO, when healthy, Dallas is as talented as Denver or Atlanta any day of the week. When you think of Atlanta, theres no way Ware, Spencer, Lee, Carter, Claiborne and Carr wouldn't start for their D. They have the big weapons, but Ryan vs Romo? Jones vs Dez? Roddy vs Miles? Gonzalez vs Witten? Pretty Even. They might have a little better OL even though we've improved. As to Denver, pretty much the same thing, man for man. SF....thats a different story

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-20 Boys. This team is a total enigma though. I have no sense of who they are(hopefully they do). Regardless, Fat Tire is in Florida now so I'm good.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-20 Boys. This team is a total enigma though. I have no sense of who they are(hopefully they do). Regardless, Fat Tire is in Florida now so I'm good.

"Fat Tire is in Florida now so I'm good"

Funny.....welcome Mrhappi

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, when healthy, Dallas is as talented as Denver or Atlanta any day of the week. When you think of Atlanta, theres no way Ware, Spencer, Lee, Carter, Claiborne and Carr wouldn't start for their D. They have the big weapons, but Ryan vs Romo? Jones vs Dez? Roddy vs Miles? Gonzalez vs Witten? Pretty Even. They might have a little better OL even though we've improved. As to Denver, pretty much the same thing, man for man. SF....thats a different story
I still think if it is low scoring it is the Gmen and in a shootout it will be Dallas because of the receivers.

UK-the QB position goes easily to Atl and Den. The Leadership of Ryan and Manning are far superior to Romo. I am not talking Stats but pure leadership. You are correct on the WR/TE basis though. Dez/Miles/Witten are one of the best 1-2-3 punch in the game. Atl has you in the RB/OL. Den has you on the Defense, but Atl is in the same boat you are. New year, can the issues be fixed and with the players off injury make that big of a difference.

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a little bit worried about the guard situation even with Leary and Waters now practicing. JPP's status being up in the air makes me feel a little more confident because if Romo gets a clean pocket he shreds the secondary. Think Smith, Frederick, and Free will all be solid. I'm an optimist so I naturally think the Dallas offense will be able to move the ball and play well. Main reason being I think the offensive line will be much better and that the receivers will be uncoverable as a unit.

Looking forward to seeing Ware play with his hand on the ground and not dropping back in zone anymore. I haven't followed it too closely but I think the Giants line isn't looking too concrete at the moment (although the same could be said about Dallas, rookie at center, Free looking like shit last year, who's playing right guard...) Think the 4-3 is a perfect fit for Lee and Carter and the front 7 in general (spencer not potentially playing hurts). If they pressure Eli then I think the game will be a double digit win for Dallas, if not then, shit....

But we have Dez f$#^%&@ Bryant, Boys win 31-20

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the Cowboys with all my heart, but until we start making the playoffs or doing something in the playoffs on a consistent basis, we can't keep using the "talent" argument. We been using that argument since 2008 and nothing has really proved it to be true.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a little bit worried about the guard situation even with Leary and Waters now practicing. JPP's status being up in the air makes me feel a little more confident because if Romo gets a clean pocket he shreds the secondary. Think Smith, Frederick, and Free will all be solid. I'm an optimist so I naturally think the Dallas offense will be able to move the ball and play well. Main reason being I think the offensive line will be much better and that the receivers will be uncoverable as a unit.

Looking forward to seeing Ware play with his hand on the ground and not dropping back in zone anymore. I haven't followed it too closely but I think the Giants line isn't looking too concrete at the moment (although the same could be said about Dallas, rookie at center, Free looking like shit last year, who's playing right guard...) Think the 4-3 is a perfect fit for Lee and Carter and the front 7 in general (spencer not potentially playing hurts). If they pressure Eli then I think the game will be a double digit win for Dallas, if not then, shit....

But we have Dez f$#^%&@ Bryant, Boys win 31-20

welcome jonny blaze

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....but I'd have to take NYG and the points.
ask any gman fan.....Eli has owned this building thus my money would go NY
NY 34-31

my heart?
Our defense steps out and set their tone for 2013.
Dallas 27-14
Your are worrying over nothing. Giants have lost their safety, running back, no Boss and Diel on O-line, Tuck and Pierre-paul are day to day recovering from back surgery. Cory Webster is in for a very long night. Cowboys 6 - 0 VS. giants in home openers which is nfl best. I smell a smoke show here. Cowboys - 37 Giants - 7.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Your are worrying over nothing"

I hate people that count wins before the game is played.

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks p day, good to see some familiar faces

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your are worrying over nothing. Giants have lost their safety, running back, no Boss and Diel on O-line, Tuck and Pierre-paul are day to day recovering from back surgery. Cory Webster is in for a very long night. Cowboys 6 - 0 VS. giants in home openers which is nfl best. I smell a smoke show here. Cowboys - 37 Giants - 7.

You do realize the last two Giants Superbowl teams also lost to the Cowboys in the opener .....

And their loss to the Cowboys last year was the first time in 13 years a Superbowl Winner had lost a season opener.

BTW ... Feeling better about winningthough ( still nervous about Eli in Cowboys stadium) Their running back is on IR ... but someone he has been designated that he can return Nov 10th but not before

JPP practiced but wont know if he will be cleared to play until tomorrow

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time when these two meet in a opener is is a VERY close game ...... no well in hell I'd ever predict a fucking blowout

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking we win this game and win the division. National media and with good reason has no respect for this team.....everyone is pointing out the new defense. I for one think the new defense is actually a strenght and I expect us to be in the top 1/3 of the league in both T.O. and sacks as opposed to the bottom 1/3 like last yr.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants 30-27

Manning throws a TD with 5 seconds left.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm picking Clabiorne to be our player of the game....Eli is going to test him and have some success early and then he will pay late in the game. Cowboys win a nail biter.