• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys vs Giants Who you got?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I think Shanahan is one of the more over rated coaches in every level of football, as a matter of fact the Skins fan base was ready to run him out of town before the drafting of RGIII. Funny how having a franchise QB cure all evils.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why other fans essentially laugh at the Cowboys every year, cause our numb skull owner declares this team as title contenders at the start of each season. Jerry just can't accept not being know as a football guru.

Exactly when did Shanahan say we were sure fire contenders?? He said anything less would be a disappointment. I know its semantics, but I tend to agree with the mentality.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Manster. got to disagree. I dont care if you finished last season 2-14. Any thing less than a Super Bowl SHOULD be a disappointment. If you dont set expectations high, you never improve. Every good coach and team expects to do well. Coming off 10-6 and a division, you should expect to improve. this is no worse than Jerry and his son saying they got the secret sauce for building championships.

Gus Bradley, Jaguars; repeatedly emphasized that his main goals for the team were "to get better every day" and "to compete in everything they do."

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Manster. got to disagree. I dont care if you finished last season 2-14. Any thing less than a Super Bowl SHOULD be a disappointment. If you dont set expectations high, you never improve. Every good coach and team expects to do well. Coming off 10-6 and a division, you should expect to improve. this is no worse than Jerry and his son saying they got the secret sauce for building championships.
I disagree Shark. If a Coach takes over a 2-14 team & even starts talking superbowls before the season starts. I think that coach loses all credibility. He has to be realistic. have to learn to crawl before you walk. If he talks playoffs is a high objective. as the colts proved could happen. Who is gonna believe a coach if he starts talking Superbowls after going 2-14. before the season even starts.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree Shark. If a Coach takes over a 2-14 team & even starts talking superbowls before the season starts. I think that coach loses all credibility. He has to be realistic. have to learn to crawl before you walk. If he talks playoffs is a high objective. as the colts proved could happen. Who is gonna believe a coach if he starts talking Superbowls after going 2-14. before the season even starts.

Schmoopy.. .Shanahan isnt a new coach taking over a 2-14 team. And even Chip Kelly has been heard to say the Eagles are playing for a Super Bowl. Had Dallas won the Division last year, would you say Garrett was out of line in saying any thing less than a Super Bowl would be a disappointment?? Or should he have come out and said, well guys fuck it, we were lucky to win the Division and I would be happy to just finish above .500 this year??

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoopy.. .Shanahan isnt a new coach taking over a 2-14 team. And even Chip Kelly has been heard to say the Eagles are playing for a Super Bowl. Had Dallas won the Division last year, would you say Garrett was out of line in saying any thing less than a Super Bowl would be a disappointment?? Or should he have come out and said, well guys fuck it, we were lucky to win the Division and I would be happy to just finish above .500 this year??
I wasn't referencing what Shanny said. I am talking of your post where it doesn't matter how bad the team was the year before. think you stretched it a bit far on that post.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting way to put things. I do recall Dallas going 13-3, then as some Dallas fans had the gall to even mention the SB we were infested with Skin fans saying we were in the wrong to even think about the SB until we could win a playoff game. A few years later we go 11-5 with a playoff win and again we get beat down for talking SB.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Dallas wins this one. Eli can't win every game there. And I think your D will step up and get some turnovers. (but I wouldn't mind a tie...:whistle:)

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Dallas wins this one. Eli can't win every game there. And I think your D will step up and get some turnovers. (but I wouldn't mind a tie...:whistle:)
I like the laws of averages approach. :clap:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, streaks gotta end. Time to take back your house.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example the Skids went 5-1 in the division last year. They went from :ss: to sugar, hence the influx of Fish Eyed Fools parading our board.....

#Catfish don't turn into Sharks overnight :laugh3:

Even if I was a Redskin fan, I think I'd find this funny. LMFAO

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time last year, I thought the Giants had a better team. This year, I think different. I just think with the key injuries the Giants have, the fact that Marinelli and Kiffin run this defense, and the addition of Big T to the offensive line, that Dallas is just simply a better team going into this game. Sean Lee and Carter will give Eli problems covering the middle of the field and have the speed to keep Wilson from going off for big gains. If there are any big plays in this game from the Giants, it's gonna have to come from Nicks, because I doubt they let Cruz (who will be gimpy) and Wilson beat them.

But it's the Giants in Cowboys Stadium and the Cowboys don't cash in in the red zone nearly enough to be trusted to put the Giants to sleep. I'm not dumb enough to write Eli and his boys off, but I think Dallas gets over the hump this time and finally beats them in Cowboys Stadium. Most of the Giants' wins in Cowboys Stadium have required a little luck. But that's the Giants. They get lucky and they capitalize. Can't knock them for it.

I say Dallas 30-24 because getting over the hump won't be easy and they will probably make all of us bite our nails for 60 mins.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time last year, I thought the Giants had a better team. This year, I think different. I just think with the key injuries the Giants have, the fact that Marinelli and Kiffin run this defense, and the addition of Big T to the offensive line, that Dallas is just simply a better team going into this game. Sean Lee and Carter will give Eli problems covering the middle of the field and have the speed to keep Wilson from going off for big gains. If there are any big plays in this game from the Giants, it's gonna have to come from Nicks, because I doubt they let Cruz (who will be gimpy) and Wilson beat them.

But it's the Giants in Cowboys Stadium and the Cowboys don't cash in in the red zone nearly enough to be trusted to put the Giants to sleep. I'm not dumb enough to write Eli and his boys off, but I think Dallas gets over the hump this time and finally beats them in Cowboys Stadium. Most of the Giants' wins in Cowboys Stadium have required a little luck. But that's the Giants. They get lucky and they capitalize. Can't knock them for it.

I say Dallas 30-24 because getting over the hump won't be easy and they will probably make all of us bite our nails for 60 mins.
to add what you are saying. The boys creating penalties extending Giant drives adds to the Giants luck against us. The key for the boys (all year really) is to limit the penalties.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My heart is always with the Cowboys. Realistically, I honestly believe we have the talent of a 12 - 4 team. The problem is we play like a 4 - 12 team with penalties, lack of discipline and no mental toughness what so ever. Actually I think the best bet on this game is the over. I expect a shoot out with the age and injuries on the giants and our suckie defense and inability for our great players to show up in big games.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys 29.
Giants 19

Garrett screams at the refs all game long

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My heart is always with the Cowboys. Realistically, I honestly believe we have the talent of a 12 - 4 team. The problem is we play like a 4 - 12 team with penalties, lack of discipline and no mental toughness what so ever. Actually I think the best bet on this game is the over. I expect a shoot out with the age and injuries on the giants and our suckie defense and inability for our great players to show up in big games.

I say 10-6 talent with 8-8 mentality. 12-4 talent is more like SF, Denver, and ATL.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say 10-6 talent with 8-8 mentality. 12-4 talent is more like SF, Denver, and ATL.
I don't put Denver in the elite this year. Barring injuries, etc., the 3 best teams in the NFL going into this season is Seattle, San Francisco & Atlanta. I took Seattle and their bunch defense for $500.00 to win the super bowl getting 12/1 odds.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put Denver in the elite this year. Barring injuries, etc., the 3 best teams in the NFL going into this season is Seattle, San Francisco & Atlanta. I took Seattle and their bunch defense for $500.00 to win the super bowl getting 12/1 odds.

I hope you didnt do that on one ticket because Vegas will promptly take out 40% on any winnings over $2,000. That $6000 in winning will be hacked down to $3600. Remember that folks. If you ever do a bet NEVER have the winning amount to over $2000. Instead of $500 at 12/1 you will get all $6000 if you bet $100 at 12/1 on 5 different stubs.

And I agree with what one of the early posting Redskins fans posted, "I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 yard pole". All I know is whomever wins their fans will take it too seriously. Teams can change massively from game 1 to game 16 in either way.

Shit, my Eagles were 3-1 last year and beat the Super Bowl champs.... then looked what happened.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... but if I HAD to make a bet I would go Dallas. Home game with a rocking stadium week 1.