• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys release Michael Sam

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oldest excuse in the books:

"Michael Sam a quitté le camp d'entraînement des Alouettes. / Michael Sam has left the Alouettes' training ... I'm told Michael Sam had a migraine headache …"

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Shouldn't this guy have to at least play in a regular-season game before NFL.com calls the guy "the first openly gay player in the NFL?"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better than a lot of the backups in the league.

No doubt.

Actually stats wise, combine wise, and size wise he compares pretty decently to the Broncos Shane Ray who was taken in the 1st round. So I do think football wise the kid can play and honestly if that was the only factor would be in the league right now. Teams though hate the headache the comes with a player being more well known off the field than on the field. A team though I could see take a chance on him is the Eagles. They have taken on Tebow this off season and seem to have handled it pretty well with very little fan fare up to this point. I"m guessing that changes once camp starts up and the cameras see him actually practicing but Kelly has shown he is not afraid to take a polarizing player on the team and see what happens.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually stats wise, combine wise, and size wise he compares pretty decently to the Broncos Shane Ray who was taken in the 1st round. So I do think football wise the kid can play and honestly if that was the only factor would be in the league right now. Teams though hate the headache the comes with a player being more well known off the field than on the field. A team though I could see take a chance on him is the Eagles. They have taken on Tebow this off season and seem to have handled it pretty well with very little fan fare up to this point. I"m guessing that changes once camp starts up and the cameras see him actually practicing but Kelly has shown he is not afraid to take a polarizing player on the team and see what happens.

The Tebow factor. Just waiting to see Tebow come out of the closet.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better than a lot of the backups in the league.

No doubt.

He was a better prospect than most of the backups...

...but what I heard is that he looked terrible up in Canada and that is the reason he left.

Football is a diminishing skill. You don't work and it goes away QUICKLY (just ask Trent Richardson). And he might have not been putting in the needed work the last 6 months to be able to compete at the pro level. And for a borderline skill guy like Sam (he had JUST enough strength, size, quickness, speed to qualify for the pro's) losing just a small amount of his ability is enough to make him nothing more than camp fodder.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in. The Dallas Cowboys are homophobes. Time to get the pitchforks out.