• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys release Michael Sam

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Dallas still running a 3-4 or have they switched in recent years? If they are, he was never going to be a fit for them.

I can see Sam getting a chance to make a team during the offseason when rosters are @ 90. Till then, he needs to stay out off the media radar by working hard in the gym & getting with some elite training & performance centers. If spends his time doing the media circuit, his NFL dreams are over.

And people will say it's homophobia when it really is, stop distracting the team and bringing media attention.

Before people say anything like the media does it and it's the team's fault - I am talking under the hypothetical of "doing the media circuit" like the OWN documentary talk. If he just plays and everyone asks him about his sexuality and he's cut or not signed because of that, then that's unfair. But a documentary at practice about his sexuality, that's just like one about one's religion or other distracting stuff. It doesn't matter who's in the bedroom, it's are you promoting a distraction (OWN show)? And if so, are you worth it?

Yes, there are other distractions out there that don't stop teams from signing a player, but that distraction makes them subject to considerations of cutting/not signing, it's just not applied sometimes. Some players are so good or distractions so little/meaningless in the eyes of the beholder (GM) that they will still sign. Maybe one day the documentary will mean less or Sam will somehow look better as a player (don't know how).

Last edited by a moderator:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love how a guy that everyone is just so "tired of hearing/talking about" elicits 2 pages worth of comments in less than 24 hours.

:lol:

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet Sam is taking it really hard

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never made it off the PS, they signed another player and bumped him off the squad.....
The guy is simply not good enough to make an NFL roster.....
People need to face the facts, it is what it is.....
2 teams PS's and cut from both in 2 months, C'mon man !!!!!!:rollseyes:

Right, somebody on the big club gets hurt you promote somebody from the practice squad. You then need to sign somebody to the practice squad. Injured player comes back, guy goes back to the practice squad, somebody needs to get dropped. It has nothing to do with "he's not newsworthy anymore so they got rid of him". There was a need for him with the injuries, now there is not. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, somebody on the big club gets hurt you promote somebody from the practice squad. You then need to sign somebody to the practice squad. Injured player comes back, guy goes back to the practice squad, somebody needs to get dropped. It has nothing to do with "he's not newsworthy anymore so they got rid of him". There was a need for him with the injuries, now there is not. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Why is it so hard for you to understand that there are more than 1 view from the same window ?????
You see it your way, I see it mine, I think we'll be able to continue life with our differences.....
You gave 1 scenario, but there are several, the guy isn't worth this much attention, at least from me anyway...
I'm done with it !!!!!:drum:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes me question the time honored saying about all you'll find in Texas.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he can find comfort in the arms of his,,,,,,,oh nevermind.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waiting for the league to enact some stupid, politically correct rule to promote the drafting of players like Sam. :doh:

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam left his Canadian football team for personal reasons. must have been that time of the month.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this? Bump a old thread Friday ? Somebody should of let know damn it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Michael is heading towards "Guns-n-Guitar's" place tonite?

Should B fun...as usual.

Denton, Texas is "special".

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you guys can make all the stupid jokes you want. Personally I think he is getting the shaft.

Reactions: DJ