• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Injuries

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd guess the odds say that the more plays that you participate in the more likely you are to get hurt. I suspect more than half of the veteran franchise QBs won't play a snap in the preseason even if fully healthy. Now add in that Dak is coming off of a devastating injury after which he's only in the last few months gotten back to 100%. Now on top of that add in that he has a shoulder injury in his throwing arm that there still seems to be a little bit of uncertainty about. Now add in we probably don't want to play our OTs too much right now (both coming off season ending injuries, one always hurt and the other currently hurt) and our backup OTs are just plain bad right now. That was my thinking when I said there is no chance I’d play Dak in a preseason game this year. I think it would be a horrible decision right now

Yup.

Unless Dak is getting the A team, he can sit. And for now, it doesn't hurt the A team to sit a bit too, fragile as they are.

Dak knows what to do.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd guess the odds say that the more plays that you participate in the more likely you are to get hurt. I suspect more than half of the veteran franchise QBs won't play a snap in the preseason even if fully healthy. Now add in that Dak is coming off of a devastating injury after which he's only in the last few months gotten back to 100%. Now on top of that add in that he has a shoulder injury in his throwing arm that there still seems to be a little bit of uncertainty about. Now add in we probably don't want to play our OTs too much right now (both coming off season ending injuries, one always hurt and the other currently hurt) and our backup OTs are just plain bad right now. That was my thinking when I said there is no chance I’d play Dak in a preseason game this year. I think it would be a horrible decision right now
Yes to all that.

But a guy who didn't play the last 3/4 of the last year is gonna have that rust. Just gonna. Throwing him out in game one could be risky for its own set of problems.

I have faith in Dak. He seems like a guy who just has it. Even on the play where he went down and his foot was flipped the wrong way, you could see something different about him. The way he handled those seconds is different than other players do.

I love this guy. I just hope that the decision is what is best for him no matter what it is.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes to all that.

But a guy who didn't play the last 3/4 of the last year is gonna have that rust. Just gonna. Throwing him out in game one could be risky for its own set of problems.

I have faith in Dak. He seems like a guy who just has it. Even on the play where he went down and his foot was flipped the wrong way, you could see something different about him. The way he handled those seconds is different than other players do.

I love this guy. I just hope that the decision is what is best for him no matter what it is.
I know camp news is often overblown into greatness, but if you listen to it at all the word is Dak is on point. It he wasn't coming off of that injury, I'd say yes put him in preseason but I'm good with him not taking any unnecessary hits.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason to play Dak in a meaningless pre season game.. I am good with this. Cowboys just need to keep the OL healthy and run a little more to take a little pressure off Dak.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing that scares me about this is its Schefter. I saw this earlier and was hoping i was dreaming.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didnt think Joseph was ready to face starters right now anyways. Now we dont have to worry about Dallas forcing a bad situation.
Actually thought Wright outplayed him in preseason who has his flaws right now as well.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1631745447817.png
Defensive end Demarcus Lawrence left Wednesday's practice with an apparent foot injury. Multiple outlets reported hours later Lawrence suffered a broken foot, which carries a recovery time of 4-6 weeks.

The Jerry curse is real.....this weeks special will be DE's

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the scoop on the Collins appeal?
still in progress ( must be a process kinda thing :rolleyes2: )

the league office needs a few days on how they want to respond to the growing questions.

Funny thing this morning on DFW sports radio. Michael Irvin (must listen) does a 10/15 minute interview each Wednesday. He says...TRUST ME I KNOW!!! BUT! How did he miss 7 times? The NFL program that he knows would be at your front door that night when you no show.

Bottom line.....Rodger is going to stick it to Jerry...just needs a little time getting the best explanation for the follow-up questions when he addresses the issue publicly

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN just reported Lawrence's season is over.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still in progress ( must be a process kinda thing :rolleyes2: )

the league office needs a few days on how they want to respond to the growing questions.

Funny thing this morning on DFW sports radio. Michael Irvin (must listen) does a 10/15 minute interview each Wednesday. He says...TRUST ME I KNOW!!! BUT! How did he miss 7 times? The NFL program that he knows would be at your front door that night when you no show.

Bottom line.....Rodger is going to stick it to Jerry...just needs a little time getting the best explanation for the follow-up questions when he addresses the issue publicly

I didn't think suspensions were going to come from missed tests.

Fuck I hate Rog....