• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Free Agent talk

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys just need to get Lawrence signed and sign a decent upgrade at safety to pair with woods. I really like woods potential and he is not afraid to hit people and has a nose for the ball.
Tre Boston would be an upgrade at safety.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Suh also. Were there any off the field or attitude issues since he went to the Rams? I guess it would be wishful thinking to assume he changed, but he would be a great fit on the field for this team if he no longer takes plays off or acts like an idiot...

FTR, if suh were to play for the Boys, I would abstain from being a fan until his release. I hate him that much.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, history tells me that we sign a couple of guys in the next 10 days that weren't starters for others teams last year but played enough snaps to be anointed great signings and starters here next year...until the season starts and they aren't of course...but, I'll take whatever I can get at this point, especially if it's a DE, SS or SAM (assuming they don't start Lee)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, history tells me that we sign a couple of guys in the next 10 days that weren't starters for others teams last year but played enough snaps to be anointed great signings and starters here next year...until the season starts and they aren't of course...but, I'll take whatever I can get at this point, especially if it's a DE, SS or SAM (assuming they don't start Lee)
They've been slow, but did couple of things I liked. I think Christian Covington will be a starter and turn into a heck of a player on the D line. I liked the Austin resigning, if he can stay healthy, he adds something. I would really like to see us sign either Tre Boston or Eric Berry at a reasonable price, either guy would be a massive upgrade over Heath. We added 3 starters in the draft last season, but if we add a starting safety in FA, it would be tough for any of our rookies to crack this teams starting lineup, so we should have quality depth in a lot of spots. I think this team will get a lot better by just getting a year older

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Covington too, but I don't see any chance he starts over Collins or Woods and he's not a DE in this defense. I think he is a rotation guy which is good and needed, but we also need more on the DL.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think the cowboys are being smart by not paying too much in FA, I think at some point you have to spend or take a chance. Deion Sanders helped get the cowboys a ring. Charles Haley had issues and we traded for him. Cowboys sign several "blue light specials" every off season and most of them dont do anything. For about the same money they could at least sign a good starter. If Heath is starting at safety then I am going to be pisst. I watched some tape of the Rams game last night and heath really stood out. He was brutal

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of weeks ago I looked at Cobb as a guy I would target. But now, I'm just not sure. I don't know what to expect from him and I think with Cooper and Gallup we have our starters and if we don't expect a major 3rd down role for Hurns our front office is complete dopes for not letting him go and saving the cap money. Add in Austin who I think plays about 1/3 of the 3rd down snaps because of his specific skill set and I don't see this as a wise use of cap dollars. Plus we will play Brown a lot because of his blocking.

RANDALL COBBWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

ESPN's Todd Archer reports Randall Cobb will visit the Cowboys on Monday.
Cobb has had a rough go since exploding for 91-1,287-12 way back in 2014, failing to top 830 yards since and struggling to say on the field the last three seasons. He can still do a job in the slot, however, and could end up being an upgrade over the departed Cole Beasley at a lower price. Cobb would be a solid addition for Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay Mathews is a FA. I totally missed that one. A lot of talented DL left. Signings seem a little slower this year.

Defensive end
The Lawrence situation makes this a bit complicated, but good insurance is worth having. And the market here might not have slowed down as much as Dallas wants yet, so they may take a little longer before they start trying to sign someone. Nonetheless, here are the top five:

Justin Houston (30)

Ezekiel Ansah (29)

Nick Perry (29)

Shane Ray (25)

Clay Matthews (32)

Defensive tackle
The Covington signing likely (but not certainly) means Dallas will not be looking to add another before the draft. Still, the position remains a bit thin, and they could have someone they really like out there. Here are the top remaining ones.

Ndamukong Suh (32)

Darius Philon (25)

Timmy Jernigan (26)

Corey Liuget (29)

Muhammad Wilkerson (29)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of weeks ago I looked at Cobb as a guy I would target. But now, I'm just not sure. I don't know what to expect from him and I think with Cooper and Gallup we have our starters and if we don't expect a major 3rd down role for Hurns our front office is complete dopes for not letting him go and saving the cap money. Add in Austin who I think plays about 1/3 of the 3rd down snaps because of his specific skill set and I don't see this as a wise use of cap dollars. Plus we will play Brown a lot because of his blocking.

RANDALL COBBWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

ESPN's Todd Archer reports Randall Cobb will visit the Cowboys on Monday.
Cobb has had a rough go since exploding for 91-1,287-12 way back in 2014, failing to top 830 yards since and struggling to say on the field the last three seasons. He can still do a job in the slot, however, and could end up being an upgrade over the departed Cole Beasley at a lower price. Cobb would be a solid addition for Dallas.
also hosting Clayton Geathers S

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins willing to trade Robert Quinn and take on some of his 2019 $11.8M salary for a 2020 3rd round pick. would the Cowboys be interested?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins willing to trade Robert Quinn and take on some of his 2019 $11.8M salary for a 2020 3rd round pick. would the Cowboys be interested?
I'll ask and let you know :rolleyes:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw where TE Jesse James signed with the Lions for $6.25 per. After signing Witten for $5, gotta give us a bogey