• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins Value

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? You don't know if that pick will pan out. Why not sure up the most important position on the team? The draft is a crap shoot.

Well - then the Redskins better win that crap shoot & they need to start stockpiling picks. You are ignoring the fact that Cousins - barring disaster - will be bolting this team anyhow in a few years. Pretty much no NFL team can carry two quality QBs & actually expect the backup to carry a team to a SB. Realistically the backup is someone who is a game manager & is happy with their role. Most likely - Cousins will be traded elsewhere - just probably not at this time (& his trade value will probably be much lower than you expect).

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we spent a 4th rounder on KC . we dont have to pay him much and he solidifies the BU qb position . so keeping him doesnt kill us . the alternative is rex or even a sanchez .

the 2nd rounder could be intriguing but who pays that based on his pedestrian showing at the end of the year ?

no one is paying a 2nd rounder for KC

Agree. I expect that if RG3 has a good comeback year Cousins will be dealt next offseason.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not even sure if this is a fair comparison. wasn't Schuab due a lot of money, so Houston wanted to dump him ASAP anyway? Cousins value is different, he's younger and cheaper on the cap. A 3rd could land you your next starting G/CB in a couple years. Its THAT huge

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and Griffin was 2-9. Bad analogy. Those guessing 2nd round were way off unless someone covets Kirk and I don't see that happening. He has more value as a backup for the Redskins.

some people on this board consider Rg3 a huge bust :suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who? and HOW? please BAN them ASAP. :whistle:

you know them . they bash his character , blame him for everything that went wrong last season , say he is the wrong player and isnt a franchise qb and never will be

they cried for the savior KC at every turn

they said he is a coach killer and that he throws teammates and coaches under buses routinely and that having dinner with the owner undermines the team

they said he and his father hand pick coaches (i.e. briles )

say he makes too many commercials

they say that rehabbing a train wreck of a knee wasnt enough , that being knee deep in the playbook and watching film should have been done as well for 8 more hours a day as well as the 6-8 in rehab

they ignore film showing that he couldnt drive off his back foot consistently because of the knee be it "mental " or physical and that 325 lb lineman were running step for step with him

they say that despite being a mere 22 , he does and/ should have media savvy and that in no way that he could have just said things publicly and wished he could have taken back or rephrased . no he had to be a spoiled diva

dismiss him being elected by teammates as being cpt and the courage award as some kind of BS

and call anyone who shows them evidence debunking their collective stands as homerism

so those are some of the things said by more then 10 different posters here so should i ban them all ? :lol::laugh3:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I have never said he was a bust...YET.

2) I said he should have known the playbook better last season because he should have.

3) The mental part is FACT. Every professional athlete I have heard discussing the ACL says it takes longer to heal mentally...not physically. I never said the mental side is a short-fall of his. It was to be expected. Physically, the doctors know when the knee is healed and that's when they let him back on the field.

DAD...you got pissy when somebody stated your draft position incorrectly so please state other's positions correctly.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I have never said he was a bust...YET.

2) I said he should have known the playbook better last season because he should have.

3) The mental part is FACT. Every professional athlete I have heard discussing the ACL says it takes longer to heal mentally...not physically. I never said the mental side is a short-fall of his. It was to be expected. Physically, the doctors know when the knee is healed and that's when they let him back on the field.

DAD...you got pissy when somebody stated your draft position incorrectly so please state other's positions correctly.

i am sorry GK but exactly where did i mention your handle in my post again ? i said there were about 10 posters who said those things and didnt point out any statement and attributed it to ANY POSTER nor could i remember them off hand if i wanted too . i would have to go back and find them which i did not

however since you are laying claim to the above statement you dont have any facts as to his state of mind or his health for that matter unless you are his dr. or his buddy who hangs around him 24-7

what you have is conjecture you could be very well right in your CONJECTURE but it isnt fact just yet . it is known that with an injury like his it could take a year or more to be physically "right " it could be mental , it could be physical it could be both, but neither of us have ANY facts one way or the other

and again my statement was be it "mental " or physical he couldnt drive off the back foot consistently

that means for the english challenged that whether it was one or the other or both it didnt matter the fact was he couldnt regardless of cause which you should have figured out but apparently didnt

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am sorry GK but exactly where did i mention your handle in my post again ? i said there were about 10 posters who said those things and didnt point out any statement and attributed it to ANY POSTER nor could i remember them off hand if i wanted too . i would have to go back and find them which i did not

however since you are laying claim to the above statement you dont have any facts as to his state of mind or his health for that matter unless you are his dr. or his buddy who hangs around him 24-7

what you have is conjecture you could be very well right in your CONJECTURE but it isnt fact just yet . it is known that with an injury like his it could take a year or more to be physically "right " it could be mental , it could be physical it could be both, but neither of us have ANY facts one way or the other

and again my statement was be it "mental " or physical he couldnt drive off the back foot consistently

that means for the english challenged that whether it was one or the other or both it didnt matter the fact was he couldnt regardless of cause which you should have figured out but apparently didnt

He could drive off his back foot and he did so several times. He didn't do it consistently and that is mental.

It is conjecture to as to RG3 specifically; however, it is FACT that every professional athlete I have heard speak of this exact injury has stated it took about 2 years to recover mentally and trust the leg.

Of course you were talking about me with the playbook statement. You and I went around and around on that exact subject.

Everything you post in support of RG3 is conjecture except that he worked hard to rehab the leg.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly K. Cousins current value has been established........but that has no bearing on what his future value will be. That said the prudent thing to do would be to stop entertaining thoughts of trading him this year. At some point during his stay here I'm sure that he will get another opportunity to showcase his skills (or lack thereof ) in an entirely new system. If he shines when called upon then his value goes up. If, there is little more to him than what was displayed under the previous system then...................

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could drive off his back foot and he did so several times. He didn't do it consistently and that is mental.

It is conjecture to as to RG3 specifically; however, it is FACT that every professional athlete I have heard speak of this exact injury has stated it took about 2 years to recover mentally and trust the leg.

Of course you were talking about me with the playbook statement. You and I went around and around on that exact subject.

Everything you post in support of RG3 is conjecture except that he worked hard to rehab the leg.

so you are saying that in no way shape or form that that sometimes his knee hurt which prevented him for driving the ball and that at others times it didnt which could account for the inconsistencies DR GK ?

it had to be mental ? and you KNOW this how ?

and i am sorry we are talking about the playbook or the driving off the back foot ?

as for 2 years i say its 100% correct , unfortunately last season was year one not year 2 so it could have been physical as well as mental which you nor i cant know in either case with the information we have on Rg3's care

now back to the playbook , your position is he didnt work hard at studying it last off season and he didnt do much film work either and that he should have spent more time doing so . so how did i misrepresent that again ?

i said he had enough to do just getting on the field and asking for more then 8=10 hrs in rehab plus more time to stiudy was impossible

also how do you know he didnt study and just could apply the concepts to the field because he was hurt

its one thing to see it , its another for hands on

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think calling Griffin a bust or Cousins a career backup is way to early.

Some would have you blame the former coach for all Griffin's difficulties last year but that is incorrect also. A young QB did all he could to get back to soon. A coach who should have made him wait a few weeks while he continued to heal. They were both guilty of doing things that didn't help the other.

Both young QBs would have benefited from more playing time. Griffin got no off season work and although Cousins got some he got hurt in the first preseason game. Instead we trained a guy name Day.

We all know that this is a big year for Robert and I expect Gruden being an ex QB will do more things to help Robert this year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you are saying that in no way shape or form that that sometimes his knee hurt which prevented him for driving the ball and that at others times it didnt which could account for the inconsistencies DR GK ?

it had to be mental ? and you KNOW this how ?

and i am sorry we are talking about the playbook or the driving off the back foot ?

as for 2 years i say its 100% correct , unfortunately last season was year one not year 2 so it could have been physical as well as mental which you nor i cant know in either case with the information we have on Rg3's care

now back to the playbook , your position is he didnt work hard at studying it last off season and he didnt do much film work either and that he should have spent more time doing so . so how did i misrepresent that again ?

i said he had enough to do just getting on the field and asking for more then 8=10 hrs in rehab plus more time to stiudy was impossible

also how do you know he didnt study and just could apply the concepts to the field because he was hurt

its one thing to see it , its another for hands on

You don't rehab an ACL tear with 8 to 10 hours of rehab work everyday...that will just injure the knee.

I'm not sure if you just asked if he couldn't apply the concepts to the field. If you did...you just called him stupid and that's much worse for this team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't rehab an ACL tear with 8 to 10 hours of rehab work everyday...that will just injure the knee.

I'm not sure if you just asked if he couldn't apply the concepts to the field. If you did...you just called him stupid and that's much worse for this team.

i didnt call anyone stupid GK . what i did say is studying film is good but you need hands on as well

just because i can see how to fire an m-16 on film accurately doesnt mean i dont need hands on practice to get proficient . and it doesnt mean i am not intelligent either

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3