• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins' value

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is very solid.
How many teams wished they had him now?

Better than any qb on....?
NYJets, Jacksonville, Cleveland, KC, Tenn, Minny,Phily, Oakland, Arizona, Tampa. Jury out on Buffalo, Miami.
I think you could sprinkle in a few more teams with overrated QB's.

Looking more and more like at least a first round pick for us if we were to trade him. Still if.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll be in a hurry to trade him.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. But even past this year, they may hold on to him until the point when his contract is up. Will boil down to RG3 getting his big contract and not being able to afford Cousins, so that trade him at that point. Unless someone comes to the table with an offer that they can't ignore.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. But even past this year, they may hold on to him until the point when his contract is up. Will boil down to RG3 getting his big contract and not being able to afford Cousins, so that trade him at that point. Unless someone comes to the table with an offer that they can't ignore.
My thoughts exactly. There is no reason not to have Cousins for entire rookie contract.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oakland or Jax gets the #1 pick I would trade Cousins to land Clowney. That is the only way I would trade this guy next year.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see any back up being worth a first round pick. If you were throwing in Cousins, a 2nd and a 3rd I could see it for a mid first round but for the #1 overall you would be giving up your first round and Cousins... Teams have watched Kolb and Cassell not pan out as expected so I just don't think it would happen.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see any back up being worth a first round pick. If you were throwing in Cousins, a 2nd and a 3rd I could see it for a mid first round but for the #1 overall you would be giving up your first round and Cousins... Teams have watched Kolb and Cassell not pan out as expected so I just don't think it would happen.

Teams have seen plenty of failed trades for high picks and they still happen. Kolb and Cassell weren't the first instances.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have seen plenty of failed trades for high picks and they still happen. Kolb and Cassell weren't the first instances.

But they were the most recent and I'm sure teams will finally start to realize that trend. A hot streak in the only meaningful play he has had doesn't mean he is worth a 1st rounder. This also depends on which QBs are in the draft that year. If I have an early first round pick and need a QB, I wouldn't trade straight up for Cousins with it. I would get cousins and a couple more picks. Just me though.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not getting a first rounder for him.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they were the most recent and I'm sure teams will finally start to realize that trend. A hot streak in the only meaningful play he has had doesn't mean he is worth a 1st rounder. This also depends on which QBs are in the draft that year. If I have an early first round pick and need a QB, I wouldn't trade straight up for Cousins with it. I would get cousins and a couple more picks. Just me though.

Most recent doesn't matter, teams witnessed bad trades prior to that and still made trades for Cassell and Kolb. Those teams saw AJ Feely fail in Miami for example. But you're right that the draft and other variables play into it. A weak draft class and QB needy teams ups the value for sure.

Ultimately I don't think Cousins is traded for a high first round pick. More than likely a 2nd round pick or combo of picks. And I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hold him for now, because RG3 does have some risk of injury, especially depending on how you use him.

I would consider Mallett to have more value than Cousins as he was not only originally a first round prospect, but he has learned behind Tom Brady for a couple of years, and is only about a year older than cousins, and we're not getting a first rounder for him (although I let him play out his contract instead of taking anything less). I think expecting a first for him (and most certainly a #1 overall) is nuts.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett didn't go in the first round. Cousins was thought by some to be a 2nd round pick. But projections are different than reality quite often. Draft status won't come into play much.

It'll depend on the team, the fit, and the market what these QBs will get for the Patriots and Redskins in a trade.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went higher than cousins, and was projected higher than cousins ever was. He fell off due to personality concerns but has been just fine in New England. I don't think either draws a first rounder, but if any given team was to have an equal chance at both (which I don't believe is the case; I sincerely believe even a late first would be rejected for Mallett), I think it's Mallett every time.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is, draft projections don't mean anything. Once you get into the league the way you are evaluated is on how you've performed in the NFL and what you're worth in this setting.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King thinks the Skins can get a 1st rounder for him

Also thinks he's better than Mallett

Last edited by a moderator:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cousins is a solid pick and will serve y'all well he could start for several teams I think. And depending on Griffin's knee rehab progression he could be starting for the Redskins.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King thinks the Skins can get a 1st rounder for him
Also thinks he's better than Mallett

It sucks when a person I rarely agree with puts me in a position to hope they are right.

Last edited by a moderator:

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think PK is being fair to Mallet in that 2nd tweet. Mallet has a career total of 4 passes sitting behind a future Hall of Fame quarterback that has not been injured during Mallet's tenure. For all we know, Mallet could be the second coming, but he ain't playing while Brady is upright.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if RGIII already came back and was solid a full season, sure maybe trade him, but having Cousins is huge for Washington right now, even if its a few plays after RG gets his bell rung. You know they are gonna be hitting him like they hit Mike Vick and you know RG is not gonna stop his game worried about hits. Cousins may never play, but without him I would forget washingtons playoff chances if RG goes down. With Cousins you are still good enough to beat most.