• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins to the Warriors

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Spears talked Cousins and was just on SC. He said Cousins told him he had ZERO offers from any other team, was hurt, and decided to call his agent last night about going to the Warriors and he reached out to the Warriors this morning.

If that's true, FUCK ALL 29 OF THE OTHER TEAMS.

Seriously, not one of them couldn't give a 1 year try out? NO or LA couldn't give some 15 to 20 mil for 1 year? Utterly ridiculous

That is just wrong.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warriors current players have more all-nba selections in the past 4 seasons than the entire Eastern conference combined.

That's not hyperbole, that is a real fact.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vision of the Cavs front office is incredible. Twitter is having a field day right now...this shit is too funny

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but look at the timing of how things worked out to allow this.

Steph, Klay and Dray are drafted. But for various reasons they don't take off right away and with Steph's early ankle issues, they are all still on very favorable contracts when they become contenders.

Which allows them to sign KD.

Then, the best center in the league tears his Achilles last season and is willing to take an exception deal so he can try to play himself back into the max deal he was looking at getting this off season before the injury.

If Steph, Klay and Dray emerge a season sooner, or maybe even a season later...the KD and Boogie additions likely never happen.

Oh, and thus far, they've all been willing to sacrifice some money for winning. What's hilarious is we've all bitched for years about money being more important than winning to players.

We finally have a team of guys who are putting winning before money and we're bitching about it.:crazy:

Like I said, we'll never see this again. I'm just gonna have fun with it while it's happening.

Pretty much sums it up. But you kind of glossed over the fact that cup joined the team he had beat until he choked. Straight puss move which he keeps getting made fun of over. But like you said Gs nailed it. And Kerr's offense is great. Mark Jackson gets zero credit for what he put together. Why?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We disagree really hard on this. Go back and look. Harden wanted to get paid and OKC wasn't allowed to give him the contract Houston could under the former rules.
Yeah, we do.

But, Harden wanted 5 mil more and the Thunder could have kept him.

Not 5 mil a year...

5 over the life of the deal.

They could have paid him. But, didn't want to pay the luxury tax.

To me, that's a choice.

It's all ancient history. So, I will leave it alone.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lowe essentially backing up what Spears said (and Shams, who broke the story, is saying also). It all came together TODAY. Which gives credence to what Boogie is saying. NO TEAM showed him any kind of respect so he went to the Warriors. Unbelievable

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins could've gotten an 8 figure 1 yr deal from a handful of teams, including LAL, POR, WAS and NO.

People weren't throwing max deals at him, pelicans signed Randle, and Cousins got mad and overreacted less than 48 hours into free agency.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After next off-season when we have added Kawhi and Klay...we're coming after dat azz. :nod:
Klay no but Kawhi yes! Bring it! I want the rivalry.

Y'all know Boogie ain't playing until the second half of the season right?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but look at the timing of how things worked out to allow this.

Steph, Klay and Dray are drafted. But for various reasons they don't take off right away and with Steph's early ankle issues, they are all still on very favorable contracts when they become contenders.

Which allows them to sign KD.

Then, the best center in the league tears his Achilles just as he's about to be a UFA and is willing to take an exception deal so he can try to play himself back into the max deal he was looking at getting this off season before the injury.

If Steph, Klay and Dray emerge a season sooner, or maybe even a season later...the KD and Boogie additions likely never happen.

If Boogie doesn't tear his Achilles, he's the 2nd most anticipated FA signing after Lebron.

Oh, and thus far, they've all been willing to sacrifice some money for winning. What's hilarious is we've all bitched for years about money being more important than winning to players.

We finally have a team of guys who are putting winning before money and we're bitching about it.:crazy:

Like I said, we'll never see this again. I'm just gonna have fun with it while it's happening.

You can call it strategy but it’s pretty damn lucky. It’s the reason why it has never happened. If you think this is good for the league, you are delusional. I like competitive games, a ton of very good teams fighting it out. We know the winner, how is this fun? Yeah sacrificing is great but taking a quarter of your salary in your prime? If Lebron did this he would be crucified, funny that you are praising Cousins for it

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins could've gotten an 8 figure 1 yr deal from a handful of teams, including LAL, POR, WAS and NO.

People weren't throwing max deals at him, pelicans signed Randle, and Cousins got mad and overreacted less than 48 hours into free agency.
So, he should have taken less money than KCP or Rondo to lose?

Nope.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lowe essentially backing up what Spears said (and Shams, who broke the story, is saying also). It all came together TODAY. Which gives credence to what Boogie is saying. NO TEAM showed him any kind of respect so he went to the Warriors. Unbelieveable
I disagree, it discredits what he's claiming.

It was a hasty emotional response to people not throwing max deals at him on day 2.

Teams were negotiating with him, due to the injury, rather than giving him whatever he wants like most players of his caliber get.

That's just the nature of being a big man recovering from an Achilles. Teams are going to be cautious.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we do.

But, Harden wanted 5 mil more and the Thunder could have kept him.

Not 5 mil a year...

5 over the life of the deal.

They could have paid him. But, didn't want to pay the luxury tax.

To me, that's a choice.

It's all ancient history. So, I will leave it alone.

No they couldn't. Houston could offer an extra year. OKC couldn't. Go back and look up the details. The way it was set up OKC was fucked. Teams were only allowed to have one max 5 year contract at that time. We agree on most but you're wrong on this. If I'm wrong and you can prove it I'll admit it. It's all good.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he should have taken less money than KCP or Rondo to lose?

Nope.
8 figures is more than both those guys.

He could've gotten 10 to 15 from several teams. The injury sucks but teams aren't going to just ignore it.

And he can do whatever he wants, honestly I don't blame him like others will. I'm just not buying the "I got no offers" thing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can call it strategy but it’s pretty damn lucky. It’s the reason why it has never happened. If you think this is good for the league, you are delusional. I like competitive games, a ton of very good teams fighting it out. We know the winner, how is this fun? Yeah sacrificing is great but taking a quarter of your salary in your prime? If Lebron did this he would be crucified, funny that you are praising Cousins for it

I didn't call it strategy. I said that it was very fortuitous timing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he's probably getting a ring out of it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay no but Kawhi yes! Bring it! I want the rivalry.

Y'all know Boogie ain't playing until the second half of the season right?
He seems to think he will be ready to go the beginning of the year.

But, I'm sure the Dubs will bring him along slowly....

They don't give a Shit about regular season wins and it's not like they actually need him...lol

Cousins has been rehabilitating primarily in his offseason home of Las Vegas and has previously told The Undefeated that he could be ready by the start of training camp. Cousins received phone calls from the Pelicans and the Los Angeles Lakers on the first day of NBA free agency on Sunday, a source told The Undefeated’s Marc Spears.