• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Courtland Sutton

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never publicly said this but I can no longer stand the guy. When I talk about people being ok with losing and having a losing culture Sutton is the first person I think of on the team. No dog in him. He's here for himself and to collect his money. You fumble once, you fumble twice. Sure the guy can make a play but there is no dog in him. He doesn't care about winning, IMO.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m firmly in the “blow it up” department. All of it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 2 first round picks we get for PS2 are gonna be helpful.

Surtain has to be foaming at the mouth to get out of Denver right now.

His dad was a winner, he is a winner... He aint gonna wanna be here long term.

3McChickens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone on this team has much in them. Even when there is enough talent to do something right the moment things go south they quit.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone on this team has much in them. Even when there is enough talent to do something right the moment things go south they quit.

We have a losing culture here. The challenge is for Payton to find a way to flip it... He can do it with some of these players but he is going to have to get rid of the ones who don't play to win the game.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never publicly said this but I can no longer stand the guy. When I talk about people being ok with losing and having a losing culture Sutton is the first person I think of on the team. No dog in him. He's here for himself and to collect his money. You fumble once, you fumble twice. Sure the guy can make a play but there is no dog in him. He doesn't care about winning, IMO.
DC we need to blow it up start over. I'd trade PS2 he deserves better JW too. This losing core needs to move on for all parties involved.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting take, as I don't really see Sutton this way .. I saw frustration last season, but not a lack of effort or dog ... I suppose the frustration could be taken as a lacking of leadership ....

I've had the same feelings about Jerry Jeudy as far as having no dog ... Jeudy, imho, is a nagging injury waiting to happen, and with Mims - who I love - I think Jeudy might have more value to another team than the Broncos ...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC we need to blow it up start over. I'd trade PS2 he deserves better JW too. This losing core needs to move on for all parties involved.

I wouldn't trade PS2 or JW.. They are still on their rookie contracts with a year to go. (two for Surtain) don't trade away the young talent we do have. Build around them.... Ideally, Surtain would be tagged after year 5 that would be the year we would have to move him or not... I just think with his NFL upbringing it makes a guy like him harder to keep making excuses for to want to stay around here. His dad at some point is going to say "Son, let's get you the hell out of here"

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blow up the offense outside of Gut, JJ, JW, Mims, and maybe a few undrafted guys.

Defensively blow up the safeties, but other than that I think we keep most of them aside from Mathis (at his current position), probably the Dline, and a few of the higher priced OLB'ers. I'd say 7 starters on Defense are worth building around.

Coaches, blow the whole thing up.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surtain is the only quality defender we have right now. Average ILB's, below average DL and edge players, 1 decent safety (Turner-Yell doesn't belong on a football field other than special teams) and awful corners other than Surtain. Blow it up by trading Surtain for what you can get. Dallas may panic and give up some picks after that loss to Arizona.

On O you can't dump the line as you just signed Powers and McGlinchy, but get rid of Sutton and Juedy for what you can get. We need a full roster rebuild by someone other than George as there just isn't that much talent. Full tank for a great QB class this next year.

The orange tinted glasses about this roster is funny to me as we just don't have much talent across the board which has shown itself in bright orange warning signs through 3 games. What Evero accomplished with this D was an anomaly last year, not what this D is actually capable of.

Sean is in for a long rebuild if he wants to earn that huge paycheck.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surtain is the only quality defender we have right now. Average ILB's, below average DL and edge players, 1 decent safety (Turner-Yell doesn't belong on a football field other than special teams) and awful corners other than Surtain. Blow it up by trading Surtain for what you can get. Dallas may panic and give up some picks after that loss to Arizona.

On O you can't dump the line as you just signed Powers and McGlinchy, but get rid of Sutton and Juedy for what you can get. We need a full roster rebuild by someone other than George as there just isn't that much talent. Full tank for a great QB class this next year.

The orange tinted glasses about this roster is funny to me as we just don't have much talent across the board which has shown itself in bright orange warning signs through 3 games. What Evero accomplished with this D was an anomaly last year, not what this D is actually capable of.

Sean is in for a long rebuild if he wants to earn that huge paycheck.
How you do say it was an anomaly when it was the same base defense Vic ran for two years and was top 5 in a number of categories?

Some of you just want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think Jewel or Singelton are impact players? They are average ILB's at best. Same with DJ Jones, Purcell, Henningsen and Harris inside along with Gregory, Cooper, Bonitto and Clark on the edge. All JAG's. Mathis, Bassey, Jackson, Turner-Yell, McMillian are the same in the secondary. The only true impact players we have on Defense are Surtain and Simons. Am I wrong about that?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think Jewel or Singelton are impact players? They are average ILB's at best. Same with DJ Jones, Purcell, Henningsen and Harris inside along with Gregory, Cooper, Bonitto and Clark on the edge. All JAG's. Mathis, Bassey, Jackson, Turner-Yell, McMillian are the same in the secondary. The only true impact players we have on Defense are Surtain and Simons. Am I wrong about that?

I think football is a complimentary game. If the Broncos had a stout D line, a great back end and a consistent pass rush, I think Jewel and Singleton would be above average ILB's. They've both proven to be tackling machines when given the support up front and in back. Other than that, I agree with your assessment about the D. Surtain is a stud, even though Miami torched him but I think Simmons best days are probably behind him now.

We desperately need agressive pash rushers and for some of our injured players on the back end to heal up. I hope the Broncos can load up on draft picks and get another incredible pass rusher next year.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewel and Singleton were pro bowl caliber linebackers last year leading the team in tackles, and dropping into zones and getting interceptions. Now you want to cut or trade them because they suck.

I suppose we could get some FA to come in and do that too.

OR

We could go back to playing a defense that uses their strengths in tackling and run pursuit?

Just a thought.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewell and Singleton were pretty darn good ILB's last year under Evero. I think Jewell will walk this offseason to wherever Evero is (Right now Carolina) those two were a perfect match.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewel and Singleton were pro bowl caliber linebackers last year leading the team in tackles, and dropping into zones and getting interceptions. Now you want to cut or trade them because they suck.

I suppose we could get some FA to come in and do that too.

OR

We could go back to playing a defense that uses their strengths in tackling and run pursuit?

Just a thought.
Both of them had great years last year in that system, but I think their best days are behind them. I do agree VJ's system isn't using anyone appropriately, but it isn't like the talent is all that great on D. It just isn't.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of them had great years last year in that system, but I think their best days are behind them. I do agree VJ's system isn't using anyone appropriately, but it isn't like the talent is all that great on D. It just isn't.

Maybe they will suddenly suck. Who knows.

However, both are in their prime, age wise. I think if used right they can be as good as last year. Jewell especially has been consistent and Singleton has always been a tackle machine. I'm not saying they still can't both decline at the same exact time in their prime but sorta weird if you ask me. They aren't being used well. They play better when they can read and react and make plays near the line, not drop back and make plays 7 yards down the field. Singleton especially looks out of position. Jewell hasn't been that bad really, just not used right so not as active as we are use to. Singleton seems like he is doing a lot of sitting around and waiting. It's a scheme thing, IMO from my observation of watching these two. I have especially paid close attention to our ILB's went back and re-watched the Commanders and Raiders game. No way am I going back to watch the Dolphins game. Singleton and Jewell aren't being used the way they should be. I said this in week 1 during the Raiders game but watching the way these two are now being used was a concern of mine from the first game.... Can't suck and make no changes. We have good players on Defense. Last year we had this problem with the offense, our HC didn't use Wilson to his strengths... Let's not do this with the D. I am fully confident Payton won't let this happen.