• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Country Fried Steak

Bama Believer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought chicken fried steak was called that because it is fried in the same manner as you fry chicken.

We always called it chicken fried steak because it's cooked in the same manner as fried chicken. And white gravy is a must.

Beans or no beans is fine. And BBQ is a method of cooking, not what you cook. You can BBQ most any kind of meat and some things that ain't meat.

Well, you both called me out quite nicely lol,, Just trying to start a good argument, always worked well at the other place :)

so to try and preserve some semblance of integrity, I shall explain my truest feeling on the matter, Good food can be found around the world and it up to ones personal preferences as to what they prefer, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder indeed,,

Yes, @Sheluvsbama thats exactly why they call it chicken fried, but in the south as you know we can and do fry virtually everything,, so I wouldnt say chicken fried green tomatoes,, again,, just trying to start a regional argument :)

@Nod4Eight you always bring the facts and the biggest stick lol,, and of course you are correct, beans or no beans, who gives a rats ass as long as its good..
I do have a different opinion on BBQ,, I do believe that BBQ is a type of food (noun) and not a type of cooking (verb),, I'm of the opinion that you either grill (direct heat) or smoke (indirect heat),
but again, I will yield to your reasoning, people can call it whatever they want,

Now, If I got to choose a last meal, I might very well be:
Country Fried steak with white peppery gravy
Mashed potatoes
pinto beans, collard greens,
Biscuits and sweet tea

but thats just my preference,, have a great day all :)

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the first step in making it better is to stop calling it a Country Fried Steak.

Here's the difference.

View attachment 196164

or this

huge-chicken-fried-steak.jpg
He needed to be straightened out. Thanks.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you both called me out quite nicely lol,, Just trying to start a good argument, always worked well at the other place :)

so to try and preserve some semblance of integrity, I shall explain my truest feeling on the matter, Good food can be found around the world and it up to ones personal preferences as to what they prefer, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder indeed,,

Yes, @Sheluvsbama thats exactly why they call it chicken fried, but in the south as you know we can and do fry virtually everything,, so I wouldnt say chicken fried green tomatoes,, again,, just trying to start a regional argument :)

@Nod4Eight you always bring the facts and the biggest stick lol,, and of course you are correct, beans or no beans, who gives a rats ass as long as its good..
I do have a different opinion on BBQ,, I do believe that BBQ is a type of food (noun) and not a type of cooking (verb),, I'm of the opinion that you either grill (direct heat) or smoke (indirect heat),
but again, I will yield to your reasoning, people can call it whatever they want,

Now, If I got to choose a last meal, I might very well be:
Country Fried steak with white peppery gravy
Mashed potatoes
pinto beans, collard greens,
Biscuits and sweet tea

but thats just my preference,, have a great day all :)
That's a pretty good last meal.

Bama Believer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kills my argument,, but I had to post,, Kent Rollins represents Oklahoma quite well,

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that looks damn good,, it is Country fried steak though,, there aint no such thing as chicken fried you okie :)
Wrong. Fry it same way as chicken and it will not be country fried.