• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Count down to kick off - Paul Myerberg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is pushing them out now, but can he finish before the start of the games? Only 9 more for him to reach what we presume will probably be bama, but who knows.

College football countdown | No. 13: Notre Dame
College football countdown | No. 12: Texas
College football countdown | No. 11: Nebraska
College football countdown | No. 10: Clemson

Any surprises so far in the top 25? Nebraska at 11 seem right to you? Texas that high? We can already tell he has Boise State in the top 10, but then he has always overvalued them every year.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is pushing them out now, but can he finish before the start of the games? Only 9 more for him to reach what we presume will probably be bama, but who knows.

College football countdown | No. 13: Notre Dame
College football countdown | No. 12: Texas
College football countdown | No. 11: Nebraska
College football countdown | No. 10: Clemson

Any surprises so far in the top 25? Nebraska at 11 seem right to you? Texas that high? We can already tell he has Boise State in the top 10, but then he has always overvalued them every year.

Boise has had some incredible teams in recent years. This season's team (like last year's) will not be one of them. Top 10? He must be smoking the good stuff.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise has had some incredible teams in recent years. This season's team (like last year's) will not be one of them. Top 10? He must be smoking the good stuff.

I've followed Paul for the last several years and he is a self admitted bronco believer and always has them ranked very very highly. It isn't just them, but then I think all people who do these have bias in them don't they? I just like the depth of information he puts together on each team. When he ran presnapread.com he gave weekly updates to his rankings and had in depth stories from all over the college world every week. Now that he is at USA some of his content has changed, but he still has a lot of great info. I can forgive his infatuation with Boise :yahoo:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football countdown | No. 9: Boise State
BSU is finally on the board. Do you believe they will finish next season at 9th in the rankings?

SEASON BREAKDOWN & PREDICTION

— In a nutshell: Boise State will – I repeat, will – win 11 or more games this fall, because that's what Boise State does, without fail, and there's no evidence at our disposal to suggest this degree of success will end in 2013. If anything, and even with some issues with young depth, the Broncos have the sort of senior leadership at key positions to build upon last season and take another step forward, making a sincere and strong push for an at-large BCS bid. Where is Boise solid? Quarterback. Wide receiver. Offensive line. Defensive line. Coaching. Boise is built to make a run at 12-0.

And this is why I believe mid-majors are pretty much always over ranked. I don't blame paul for putting them this high when he is simply saying what the system will likely give them for a reward based on just their win totals. Still, the fact that they could lose to UW and still reach the top 25 is a sign of how broken the ranking system is. Obviously if UW should win this first game that over ranking will benefit their own ranking which is why those over rankings have a ripple effect on the entire broken system.

Anyway, there is plenty of good info about BSU in his article if you are interested.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrific read and thread Whiz!

I read your boys opinion on Oregon State...pretty spot on it was. Riley has a true freshmen he is debating on red-shirting or playing this season as WR, Return man. IF Riley keeps this kid on the team this year...WATCHOUT! Cooks thinks the kid is the real deal and I hope Riley doesn't redshirt him, can't remember his name tho.

Your boy has "predicted" an upset this year in the Civil War with the Beavers winning and tossing Oregon out of a natty again...I'll be there to witness it too. Aint life a grand?

He also predict a loss for the Beavers against Stanford @ home too... Ahhh, I'll be there for that bad predict also. Again, aint life a grand?

Good stuff and thanks for sharing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've followed Paul for the last several years and he is a self admitted bronco believer and always has them ranked very very highly.

Took a look on your say so. Glad I haven't wasted much time with guy, Whiz. And no sense in discussing bias in the rankings. Boise State #9? "They will win 11-12 games this year because that's what Boise State does." Wow! This is just one example of his "expertise". How can you hype this guy? Is he a friend of yours.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've followed Paul for the last several years and he is a self admitted bronco believer and always has them ranked very very highly.

Took a look on your say so. Glad I haven't wasted much time with guy, Whiz. And no sense in discussing bias in the rankings. Boise State #9? "They will win 11-12 games this year because that's what Boise State does." Wow! This is just one example of his "expertise". How can you hype this guy? Is he a friend of yours.

Naw, but like steele or some of the others I don't pay much attention to their opinions on the outcomes, I just like the details he has on every team. More insight than you get from most other sources. That's all pretty much anyone should look at any of these guys for. I like the history he shares and the details about the key players and other tidbits. What else do you want?