• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could this be the best draft we 've had ever??

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not all over the place ice, the Rams have had poor drafts for years.:doh: Yes we did have a few pieces go good but in general if we picked 2 players that started and stayed per year we were lucky.:LGenerally though, I think Fisher and Snead looked at this division and figured we couldn't address the Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals except in the power game.:nod: If we are to keep up or go ahead in the future, the trenches must be stronger and the running game the key on both sides of the ball.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not all over the place ice, the Rams have had poor drafts for years.:doh: Yes we did have a few pieces go good but in general if we picked 2 players that started and stayed per year we were lucky.:LGenerally though, I think Fisher and Snead looked at this division and figured we couldn't address the Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals except in the power game.:nod: If we are to keep up or go ahead in the future, the trenches must be stronger and the running game the key on both sides of the ball.
:agree:

And I don't think Donald is filling a position of strength when it comes to stopping the run, this is how Donald will bolster our defense right away.

I also agree with UVA guy, and hope our WR corp can step up this year.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I don't think Donald is filling a position of strength when it comes to stopping the run, this is how Donald will bolster our defense right away.

I also agree with UVA guy, and hope our WR corp can step up this year.

I more meant that Dline was the strength. Don't get me wrong, I love having him but I don't think he was a "need".

I'm just saying you can't call this the best draft class based on anything said in this thread...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I more meant that Dline was the strength. Don't get me wrong, I love having him but I don't think he was a "need".

I'm just saying you can't call this the best draft class based on anything said in this thread...
I do think our D-line is a strength vs the pass however vs the run we greatly needed some interior D-line play.

Oh and I'm not saying this is the best draft class at all. I'm one of those guys who says it takes three years or so to start to evaluate the class however most on this thread were answering the question that his could be the best draft ever where poster were speculating on how they project it to pan out.

I do believe that getting just 2 starters in a draft (Guys who could pretty much start on most teams in the NFL unless there is a stud all pro ahead of them in the depth chart) is the measure of a 'good' draft. If you can get 3 of those types in a draft you are doing great!

Part of the reason we have been able to get so many starters in the last two drafts prior to this years (Stacy, Givens, Quick, Pettis, Jenkins, Ogletree, Johnson, McDonald, Heckler, Zuerlein) is because our talent pool was more of a talent puddle. :lol:

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was a good draft, let's hope its better then it looks

:suds:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L The name of this thread is....Could this be the best draft?? ...as in question form. Not once do I say..... "It is" the best draft ever. You are twisting it to fit your claim. Yes, I know, I am being optimistic. But these guys I have listed have great qualities and could start sometime this season.

Yep, you are right, Stacy is the starter for now but he is also often injured. Could Mason get the nod? Could very well happen. Could Mason eventually beat out Stacy?? Sure he could. Rbs take less time to develop than most other positions

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L The name of this thread is....Could this be the best draft?? ...as in question form. Not once do I say..... "It is" the best draft ever. You are twisting it to fit your claim. Yes, I know, I am being optimistic. But these guys I have listed have great qualities and could start sometime this season.

Yep, you are right, Stacy is the starter for now but he is also often injured. Could Mason get the nod? Could very well happen. Could Mason eventually beat out Stacy?? Sure he could. Rbs take less time to develop than most other positions

Sorry, put the word "could" in my sentence then. lol dude, I feel you on the optimistic point, I think this draft class could be a reason we win in the future, but we need a draft next year and solidifies the team and fills our holes and can bring us the next level. If a championship is to ever happen in St. Louis though, the players from this draft NEED to step up. And I'm not talking about Robinson and Donald, it's the other players that need to step up.

I hope Tre plays a major role, I'm a big SEC fan so I get the man is talented, but tbh I like in NJ so most my friends are Jets/Eagles/Gmen fan's, they all LOVE Stacy, the rest of the league thinks he can step his game into the next level this upcoming year! But I think Tre may be an extra piece that helps bring our run game to the next level, because we can grind and grind with Stacy and then pop off with Mason for a long TD! I like the combo, I hope its a 7 year combo at the RB spot, but I think Stacy can be that first back! Not that I don't think Tre is good. It'll be interesting to see how the staff uses our RBs this season.