• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you think will be the best 5 players from this draft 2 years from now?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jaylon Smith would be on my list if he was healthy

Myles Jack
Jalen Ramsey
Chris Jones
Jared Goff
Josh Doctson

That's a good list. Jaylon would be on everyone's list if healthy, but the sad truth is the guy might not even get drafted now. The injury is that bad. It wouldn't shock me if he never played football again.

I think he will play again (2017 at the earliest), but it's a huge question as to whether he'll ever be the same.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'll go:
Nkemdiche
Elliott
Corey Coleman
Travis Feeney (Husky Homer Pick, but we often put good LB's into the NFL)
Jason Spriggs

Busts:
Wentz
Buckner

Servicable Starter but not worth the value given up:
Goff

EDIT: Want to add a note:

Best QB from this class (which probably means he should be in my Top 5) Dak Prescott

Wow! We're REALLY on the same wavelength if you like Travis Freeney. Haven't seen anyone mention him all season. The dude's criminally underrated.

And Nkemdiche is the best DL in the draft.

Not a huge fan of Jason Spriggs though.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! We're REALLY on the same wavelength if you like Travis Freeney. Haven't seen anyone mention him all season. The dude's criminally underrated.

And Nkemdiche is the best DL in the draft.

Not a huge fan of Jason Spriggs though.
Well, I am a Husky, and we do have a good recent track record of putting LB's in the NFL... and Feeney is pretty studly.

Was watching Sport Science earlier today, and the measurables they came up with for Nkemdiche had him as the best DL in the draft and rated favorably with studs from the past. I wouldn't mind seeing him end up with the Hawks, but I am scared of him with not being focussed, and/or making poor decisions

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
...Nkemdiche had him as the best DL in the draft and rated favorably with studs from the past. I wouldn't mind seeing him end up with the Hawks, but I am scared of him with not being focussed, and/or making poor decisions

I will punch you if he ends up with the Hawks. :mad2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to put this out there and probably get made fun of in a few years but I think Hackenberg becomes the best QB of this draft and is actually a pretty darn good QB.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is probably the prospect most people are torn on when it comes to QB's. He has some amazing skills and some things that leave you shaking your head.

Positives:

Winner. No other QB in this draft has won more big games than this guy. He has had some come back wins against some very tough opponents.
Pro System. He is also one of the few in this draft that come from a pro system where he is asked to read a defense, play under center, actually go through his progression. Lot less of a leap for him to jump into the NFL.
When he is on he is unstoppable. Some of his throws are just down right impressive fitting it into a spot where a guy is triple covered.
Can make something out of nothing. Knows not to panic when a play breaks down and will stand in the pocket to complete a pass as he is getting hit.
More athleticism than you would expect.

Negatives:
His mechanics are all over the place. He rarely uses his feet to throw the ball leading to major inconsistency.
Never completed over 60% of his passes for any of the seasons he started. He is a streaky passer so some games he looks unstoppable and the next he is bouncing the ball in the ground.
Trusts his arm sometimes too much. Like I said he will sometimes throw into triple coverage when he doesn't need to. Doesn't turn the ball over a lot but in the NFL they will make him pay for such a decision.

I guess what I like is the winner side of him. He is the guy that stays cool under pressure. Those are traits you cannot teach a QB. The mechanics side while worrisome are fixable. I think his throwing ability if he gets with the right coaching staff will surprise some people once he works on his feet and learning to use them to drive the football instead of just using all arm.
In weaknesses, you left out leadership skills, which from what I hear, A LOT of teams are questioning. Rumors that he didn't get along with a lot of his teammates and the fact that he started for 3 years and was never elected captain really scares some teams. It may be overblown, but it has to be mentioned.

Now, Hack, on the other hand... I agree with you that he may become the best QB from this class. And I actually like Goff.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 5...

Zeke Elliott
Laremy Tunsil
Nkendiche
Joey Bosa
Jaylon Smith - Boy can ball. F the haters, he'll be back and 100%.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In weaknesses, you left out leadership skills, which from what I hear, A LOT of teams are questioning. Rumors that he didn't get along with a lot of his teammates and the fact that he started for 3 years and was never elected captain really scares some teams. It may be overblown, but it has to be mentioned.

Now, Hack, on the other hand... I agree with you that he may become the best QB from this class. And I actually like Goff.

I understand the criticism but I just think it has been blown out of proportion on Cook. I've listened to past and present teammates and coaches talk about how much they loved the kid and how they loved how he commanded the huddle. I guess for me I have more concern about his ability to throw to the outside than I do about his leadership qualities.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so hard to predict... I still get a kick out of the experts giving Seattle's 2012 draft class an F .... Just show's how most of these expert opinions suck sometimes...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so hard to predict... I still get a kick out of the experts giving Seattle's 2012 draft class an F .... Just show's how most of these expert opinions suck sometimes...

I think that draft also shows just how important great coaching is to the development and scheme fit of a player. I honestly don't believe that the Browns are as bad of drafters as what we have seen. I think they have drafted plenty of talented players that I have liked in the past but with terrible coaching and really the fact that they were changing coaches every year or two makes that development very difficult for any player drafted.

I mean to me Seattle and New England quite often draft players that have "experts" scratching their heads yet quite often those players seem to show up well for the team. They know what they want in a player and they go get those players and then work very hard to coach them up to maximize their ability.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey
Elliott
Seahawks 5th round Pick
Stanley
Wentz

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that draft also shows just how important great coaching is to the development and scheme fit of a player. I honestly don't believe that the Browns are as bad of drafters as what we have seen. I think they have drafted plenty of talented players that I have liked in the past but with terrible coaching and really the fact that they were changing coaches every year or two makes that development very difficult for any player drafted.

I mean to me Seattle and New England quite often draft players that have "experts" scratching their heads yet quite often those players seem to show up well for the team. They know what they want in a player and they go get those players and then work very hard to coach them up to maximize their ability.

That's true.... Good coaching is always big, especially as players develop ....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true.... Good coaching is always big, especially as players develop ....

I always wonder how a player would have done if they had gone to a better organization. A guy like David Carr who was the 1st overall pick. He got beaten up for a few years and just never got his confidence going. Would he have been a top-10 QB if he didn't get destroyed from day 1 or had the chance to sit a year and learn the ropes?

Now there are those that I think destroy themselves like Jamarcus Russell but I do think there are plenty of players that go to bad teams and have their growth stunted when they really could have been a star somewhere else.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm going to put this out there and probably get made fun of in a few years but I think Hackenberg becomes the best QB of this draft and is actually a pretty darn good QB.

It's possible, but the dude is a MASSIVE project. A genius coach might be able to get him to produce in a few years in the right system, but at this point he's scary bad. Think Jake Locker minus the injuries.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jaylon Smith - Boy can ball. F the haters, he'll be back and 100%.

I wouldn't call people who doubt the health of his knee "haters." Literally every human being on earth would agree he's a stud if he's 100%. The ONLY question is whether he'll get there again. And when you hear reports about nerve damage in the knee, that's a legitimate question.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible, but the dude is a MASSIVE project. A genius coach might be able to get him to produce in a few years in the right system, but at this point he's scary bad. Think Jake Locker minus the injuries.
I guess this is where we disagree. A MASSIVE project to me is Paxton Lynch. He has all the physical tools but was never asked to read a defense from what I can tell, rarely went through progressions, mechanics are all over the place, and so much more. Again the physical tools are there but the mental side scares me to death about him.

With Hackenberg his very first year as an 18 year old he was expected to go through progressions, read a defense, call out the Mike and blitz formations, call audibles, play from under Center. Mentally he was asked to do everything that an NFL QB would be called to do. That was as an 18 year old and he did well doing all of that. Unfortunately he had a coaching change and the coach brought in an entirely different offense that got Hackenberg just about killed.

Yes Hackenberg has some major things to work on. His foot work is down right terrible. He honestly regressed each year on his footwork. He got very lazy from what I can tell and just relied on his big arm to push the ball down the field leading to a ton of terrible accuracy. He also got scared in the pocket but hey can you blame him when he is getting sacked in one game 10 times!

Believe me I know that Hackenberg is a project but everything I have read and watched shows the guy knows football. He is a brain and we have seen guys with high football IQ do really well at the QB position. To me the footwork is easily fixable. Heck from his last game to then at the combine and his pro day you could already tell that was one of his biggest focuses and of course he has skyrocketted up boards since then because teams saw the improvement and the willingness to work on his biggest weaknesses.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call people who doubt the health of his knee "haters." Literally every human being on earth would agree he's a stud if he's 100%. The ONLY question is whether he'll get there again. And when you hear reports about nerve damage in the knee, that's a legitimate question.
The nerve damage was not a tear or reshaping. It is regenerating and likely to be fine - in a year.
He is a very worthwhile gamble but not a "project"