• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could this be the best draft we 've had ever??

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 starters??....Aaron Donald 2014 DYOY??

1) Aaron Donald-http://www.stlouisrams.com/videos/videos/Rookie_Profile_Aaron_Donald/205f8055-b8d5-42ea-a180-fde812e0a9a6

2) Greg Robinson-http://www.stlouisrams.com/videos/videos/Rookie_Profile_Greg_Robinson/41c5600e-2fdf-4df8-bc54-b6dc1e3d9d47

3) Lemarcus Joyner Rookie Profile: Lamarcus Joyner

4) Tre Mason-http://www.stlouisrams.com/videos/videos/Rookie_Profile_Tre_Mason/c3742f75-2db5-4641-a1e5-32d0e1e05a43

5) Maurice Alexander-http://www.stlouisrams.com/videos/videos/Rookie_Profile_Maurice_Alexander/df49065d-ec4f-4650-a229-fd45fdf7170a

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I have some reservations about a couple of picks but that doesn't mean they will be bad players by any means. I put some faith into that the Rams FO knows more about football than myself. After watching espn/nfl network and listening to Sirius Satellite radio pretty much every analyst (game show host) gave us a A+ in this draft. TBH that scares the shit out of me.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in Gaines and Roberson and maybe even Sam and this will be a HUGE draft IMO... I am gonna put it out here right now, the best player to come out of this draft when all is said and done will be Mo Alexander

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree KSUDodger. Maurice Alexander is getting early rook camp rave reviews. The same size as McDonald and just as nasty. The Ohio State Safety we took later is too small and I think he'll get cut. We shall see on the others.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to??? Lmao

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm being way too optimistic here, but we have never drafted 5 starters. I mean guys that can step right in and play and make a difference and help this team win. We have had multiple 1st round picks before, but they didn't amount to squat. Same could happen here but I'm finding it hard to think that way.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Alexander, but I'm also liking this kid Tre Mason as well, what he did at Auburn. Their success with the power run allowed him to break Bo Jacksons record. He and Stacy are similar in size should be a pretty good tandem. Stacy is 5'8"/224# and Mason is listed at 5'9"/205#. Hell these guys are tiny, they run under the lineman's legs. LOL.... Hard to tackle. Now if someone can only light a fire under Peads ass we will be even more stacked at RB. If he cant run behind this o-line its time to cut our losses!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think It's the best draft they have put together in a long time. I also think this crop of draftees are going to contribute right out of the gate. I don't think we will be talking bust with Greg, Aaron, Tre or Mo.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:I agree that I thought that the Rams draft was pretty good. I believe that the running game and taking the ball out of Bradford's hands to win a game is important. The Rams didn't ungrade the receivers but I don't want Bradford getting cute anyway.:L Just enough to move the chains and working 2nd and 1st downs with the dink and dunk is Sam's special way and Shotts too. I also think that Mason will play a huge part of the offense and allow Fisher to keep Stacy healthy.:whistle: I think it was Junkie that said though and it is important, that if the Rams get down in a game, they probably don't have the tools to stage a quick comeback and I agree.:doh: It will be important to establish the line of scrimmage quickly both offensively and defensively and keep the game close, if that happens, the Rams might just be the surprise of the next NFL season.:nod:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every NFC team's best draft class in history - NFL.com

Can we at least wait until the players play some games before we start labeling this the best draft ever?

For all we know, Robinson may bust as an OT. Donald's size could cause him issues, etc, etc, etc. and that's not accounting for injuries.

Let's not jump on the hype wagon just yet. If you have already jumped on, then jump off or you may be in for a disappointing season.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can we at least wait until the players play some games before we start labeling this the best draft ever?

For all we know, Robinson may bust as an OT. Donald's size could cause him issues, etc, etc, etc. and that's not accounting for injuries.

Let's not jump on the hype wagon just yet. If you have already jumped on, then jump off or you may be in for a disappointing season.

never! if its like my caffeine high after 6 skis, ill gladly pick myself up after i crash.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah....yah....yah.....I guess I do this every year, the hype wagon usually rolls pretty fast in Zeke-ville!!:yahoo:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just sayin... if we can get 5 starters out of this draft and see some improvement, thats pretty fruchkin schweet !! :nutswing:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:I agree that I thought that the Rams draft was pretty good. I believe that the running game and taking the ball out of Bradford's hands to win a game is important. The Rams didn't ungrade the receivers but I don't want Bradford getting cute anyway.:L

I am really hoping that the WR's can step up their games this year, especially Brian Quick.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see you are still around UVA Guy.

Thanks. I'm usually reading the boards. I just didn't really have much to add since a lot of the past few weeks was all about Sam. So I stayed mainly on the Orioles board and the Entertainment forum.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be negative... but the only for sure starters we took are Donald and Robinson, and Robinson is going to start "out of positon" and Donald is starting at a postion is that is already are biggest strength.

The DBs (Joyner and Mo) I don't think you can say will "start". Is the idea that Joyner "starts" at nickleback and Mo starts at safety, or that they both start at safety, or what? I'm a little confused about how they are "for sure starters" that you are counting them as the 5.

And in what world do you consider Tre the "starter" I hope he can help out our run game and we run a bunch of two RB sets, but Stacy did not have a bad year by any means, so I think it is safe that Stacy will be the starter.

If the other 4 become starters, 4 would be great, but it would be because we had 2 1st round picks (which should always be starters) and then due to the fact that we have awful safety play.

If we really wanted to get a bunch of legit starters we could'be traded back (the same exact deal the Browns took from Buffalo (a future 1st (which would equal another starter) and a 4th next year, I'm sure if we could've gotten a 3rd instead if we really wanted) and still taken Donald then draft a Safety and then the OG in the 2nd and go from there, but as of right now, we have two starters from this class.

Hopefully it pans out and we do get to consider this one of the "better" drafts we've had, but it'd be hard to consider best when we haven't considered any past good drafts in this argument.

Sorry for being a little all over the place
Go Rams!