• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could this be an issue of significance?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Rollins of Philadelphia Phillies unsure why he has been benched - ESPN

I'd love to see Galvis (and maybe even Hernandez) getting some serious playing time this year. It's no secret that Rollins was awful last year, and with his lackadaisical play, Sandberg could opt to try to keep Rollins' plate appearances under 434 plate appearances. Remarks like "No comment" from Sandberg when asked about Rollins' leadership sound like direct shots. Three straight days of Galvis at short is a shot. Galvis could play second base, third base, left field, or right field so I'm not buying that Sandberg just wanted to see him play and it just so happened to come at the inconvenience of Rollins.

Regardless of how it plays out, I like what Sandberg has done here.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy is whining up a storm though. States he thinks Sandberg will eventually let him know. That is the trouble with these old guys that you know who decided to throw money at. They think they deserve to start even when their play is krappy. I say shut your freakin' piehole and sitdown until told otherwise Jeemmy!

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am hoping he is benched often enough to prevent that option from kicking in.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep on benching Rollins.... I don;t care if its "only spring training". Hell bench him for the 1st half of the year.... make him wave his no trade clause and get that cancer out of here.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Rollins of Philadelphia Phillies unsure why he has been benched - ESPN

I'd love to see Galvis (and maybe even Hernandez) getting some serious playing time this year. It's no secret that Rollins was awful last year, and with his lackadaisical play, Sandberg could opt to try to keep Rollins' plate appearances under 434 plate appearances. Remarks like "No comment" from Sandberg when asked about Rollins' leadership sound like direct shots. Three straight days of Galvis at short is a shot. Galvis could play second base, third base, left field, or right field so I'm not buying that Sandberg just wanted to see him play and it just so happened to come at the inconvenience of Rollins.

Regardless of how it plays out, I like what Sandberg has done here.

It looks like Jimmie "who cares" popper is mad at the loss of playing time to Galvis. Galvis is looking good at the plate - had a nice foul drive yesterday and played good short -I was there at Brighthouse and all the Phillies looked solid. Ryno will take a good look at each of the new players by playing them a few days in a row. JRol will get over it when he starts playing again.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Jimmie "who cares" popper is mad at the loss of playing time to Galvis. Galvis is looking good at the plate - had a nice foul drive yesterday and played good short -I was there at Brighthouse and all the Phillies looked solid. Ryno will take a good look at each of the new players by playing them a few days in a row. JRol will get over it when he starts playing again.

I'm not one to care too much about ST stats, but Galvis is hitting .133 with a .535 OPS this spring.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wait, I see where you're coming from. He's hitting 1.000 (1 for 1) with RISP. Hall of Fame, here Freddy Galvis comes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galvis looks way better than jeemmy. Let the dude cry a river. Play Galvis and let him develop some playing experience.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oBp8rJjI44]Ray Liotta reacts to Scott Franzke's call, 2009 NLCS Game 4 - YouTube[/ame]

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galvis was excellent at short today soaking up some hard hit grounders and making quick accurate throws to first. Too bad the hits have not yet come. If neither Freddie or Jimmie makes near .200 by April, Ryno's got a problem.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins told the media the reason he won't waive his Ntc is because he's 60 hits from breaking schmidts all time hits leader record and he's more interested in doing that the anything else at this point in his career. If I were a part of management I'd bench him or send him down and never let him see the plate again in a Phil's uniform. That's a ridiculously immature sand selfish thing to say even if he doesn't 100% mean it. Halves should be developing this year at short, I hope Sandberg realizes that and let's jimmy crybaby rollins ride the pine until he either old a trade or his contract runs out because he was brutal last year

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rollins told the media the reason he won't waive his Ntc is because he's 60 hits from breaking schmidts all time hits leader record and he's more interested in doing that the anything else at this point in his career. If I were a part of management I'd bench him or send him down and never let him see the plate again in a Phil's uniform. That's a ridiculously immature sand selfish thing to say even if he doesn't 100% mean it. Halves should be developing this year at short, I hope Sandberg realizes that and let's jimmy crybaby rollins ride the pine until he either old a trade or his contract runs out because he was brutal last year

How do you propose that Rollins is "sent down?"