• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Kemba and Durant potentially team up???

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Millsap has loyalty in his DNA, so much so that he'd still be in Atlanta if he had that option. True story. In other words, if Denver wants him back, he'll be back, even at half of what he's making now.

I think Thaddeus Young makes more sense for Brooklyn than Millsap simply for his prior experience in that organization. The Pacers won't re-sign him.

Also keep in mind they also have an up-and-coming young player on the perimeter in Caris LaVert, so Middleton doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them. They'll need a PG. Middleton may opt out for more money, but I'd be hard-pressed seeing him leave Milwaukee. He's comfortable there and has good chemistry with Giannis...

It's really all about what Middleton wants though financially that will be the biggest impact. If he opts out of his contract, it'll be because he wants to get maxed out or get the maximum value he has in the open market (which I think will be significant). He's underrated in player terms via fans, but I think GM's around the league would know his worth.

If the Bucks are willing to pay him, he may stay with them. I don't find that unfeasible. But if there's another team that's willing to cash him out, then I think for a guy like him he'd have to take the opportunity and run with it. This is going to be likely his best and biggest opportunity to cash in. He hasn't had a monster contract yet and could be in line to get one. He's 27 right now and any deal he signs will likely take him through the prime years of his career. He has to maximize his value now. It's just the smart route to go.

Millsap is more of an unknown simply because he's approaching the twilight years of his career. He might have one last decent sized contract left in him like Z-Bo got from the Kings a few years ago. Or he could go the David West route and try to just keep a contender in tact. I think really the biggest factor will be how the Nuggets fare this season. If they're a first round exit this year, it might influence his decision a bit more. If the Nuggets go deeper into the playoffs I could see a scenario of him staying around a less than market value with them.

Again for those guys I'm not saying they WANT to leave, only that circumstances may dictate that they have no option but to leave.