• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Play-In and First Round Predictions Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Brooklyn Nets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
Brooklyn wins. Durant and Irving together are hard to beat.

Without Jarrett Allen, Cleveland doesn't have enough of a size advantage.

Charlotte Hornets vs. Atlanta Hawks
Charlotte wins. They are deep and healthy.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

L.A. Clippers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Clippers win. I don't like Minnesota's guards.

San Antonio Spurs vs. New Orleans Pelicans
New Orleans wins. McCollum and Grand Theft Alvarado will be keys.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EASTERN CONFERENCE

Brooklyn Nets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
Brooklyn wins. Durant and Irving together are hard to beat.

Without Jarrett Allen, Cleveland doesn't have enough of a size advantage.

Charlotte Hornets vs. Atlanta Hawks
Charlotte wins. They are deep and healthy.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

L.A. Clippers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Clippers win. I don't like Minnesota's guards.

San Antonio Spurs vs. New Orleans Pelicans
New Orleans wins. McCollum and Grand Theft Alvarado will be keys.

I agreed with Brooklyn, though I would have liked them to lose for a few reasons.

I liked Trey Young… I think you knew that… but I didn’t like the showboating and look at me stuff from last year… mostly because I felt they were eventually going to lose… not that I like winners doing that… it just seemed that when you are going to lose, shut up when you win something little... get the big prize and then party… which the Jazz never get to do.

I don’t like the Clippers… mostly for the same reasons. I don’t “like” the Lakers but I always saw them as the big dog and whenever the Clippers had an ok year it was like they forgot history and turned the corner. When have they won the Championship? Nope, just like us.

I think you were right about New Orleans but I want San Antonio to win. And no, it’s not because they won before. I know that seems to be the theme of my previous two paragraphs. Though, I do think they they have won and have acted like they are mature in doing so.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which players on this year's Clippers showboat?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've probably posted this before, but if so, can you post it again? What are your reasons for wanting Brooklyn to lose?

Is it because of the way the roster was constructed via free agency, or because of showboating?

And are Irving and Durant allowed to exude confidence because they've won championships, even if it was with other teams? Or do they need to temper it, because they haven't done it with the Nets?

Thanks.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've probably posted this before, but if so, can you post it again? What are your reasons for wanting Brooklyn to lose?

Is it because of the way the roster was constructed via free agency, or because of showboating?

And are Irving and Durant allowed to exude confidence because they've won championships, even if it was with other teams? Or do they need to temper it, because they haven't done it with the Nets?

Thanks.

I sometimes want super teams to lose. But that’s not really the reason. I don’t want Brooklyn the city to win because the mayor made an exception for money on the vaccinations. I believe that they should either just say that you can do what you want or that everyone has the same rule. They wanted to make sure that they made more money economically and so they made an exception. That bugs me a little. Again, mandating vaccinations or not mandating vaccinations, I don’t think that should be decided based upon economic effect. What if a scrub didn’t wanna vaccinate instead of Irving, what they have made the exception?

Second, if Ben Simmons truly has a mental disorder or something, I do feel bad. But otherwise, I don’t like him because of the way he could not be simply professional when interviewed about rookie of the year. I think that he could easily say that he was the best rookie, even in a second year, but when he refused to answer who could be second, it showed too much mental fragility for me. I would be dishonest to say none of it had to do with Mitchell being a Jazz player, but it wasn’t just that. Then, I wanted them to make him sit the whole year because he refused. Stop rewarding this behavior - Harden, Simmons, etc. Though I do understand Harden feeling stuck in Houston.

I don’t dislike Harden, but I would’ve liked for them to have kept him because I don’t feel like forcing one’s way out should be rewarded, twice. Note that this is because I’m not a Nets fan and I’m not in their finances. I understand that you don’t want a disgruntled player who is not going to play hard for you and you would also like to show that you listen to players. Get something in return. But I’m not a Brooklyn Nets fan so I don’t care about that.

I also feel that some people have acted like it is so difficult to have a stacked team win. And I understand that Brooklyn hasn’t been stacked because of their injuries, but I feel like we’re trucking along with only one or two and they have four. Again I know that they only played together for like 11 minutes this year. They now have fewer stars since they traded Harden.

Durant’s fine but I feel like sometimes he forces himself to be prickly because he seemed less so in OKC to his criticism. But if that’s the real him, he’s fine. As far as him winning, ehh, Curry and Klay and Draymond helped. Don’t blame him for doing so and he’s a great player, but I don’t put wins or losses on him too much.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. You're referring to the recent rule to lift the vaccination, right? Was that from Brooklyn's mayor, or the New York governor?

I thought it came from the governor, and I do agree that it was financially motivated. With MLB season starting, and their larger rosters, that would be a lot more players missing time, and thus possibly less attendance, etc. And that extends to two MLB teams, the Yankees and Mets.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And can you expand on the Clippers?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope to see Popovich back, and hopefully the Spurs get back to the playoffs under him, and win a series too.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you type post # 5 from a PC? Because that spelling was perfect. Usually when you do voice to text, presumably from a mobile device, there's a typo here and there. Or it translates a different word then you were intending.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. You're referring to the recent rule to lift the vaccination, right? Was that from Brooklyn's mayor, or the New York governor?

I thought it came from the governor, and I do agree that it was financially motivated. With MLB season starting, and their larger rosters, that would be a lot more players missing time, and thus possibly less attendance, etc. And that extends to two MLB teams, the Yankees and Mets.

Mayor. I don’t know if the Governor followed suit.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And can you expand on the Clippers?

Nothing specific. Little brothers are little brothers. They can still be bigger than strangers, but they are still little brothers. Act like you’ve been there or don’t act like you are there when you aren’t.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing specific. Little brothers are little brothers. They can still be bigger than strangers, but they are still little brothers. Act like you’ve been there or don’t act like you are there when you aren’t.
Have they not acted like they've been there, this year?

I can agree in past years. I think they were different this year? Partly because Beverley was gone, so less talking.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you type post # 5 from a PC? Because that spelling was perfect. Usually when you do voice to text, presumably from a mobile device, there's a typo here and there. Or it translates a different word then you were intending.
I had a dream last night that I was messaging my cousins, but all of the messages I kept sending had typos.

So, I make a genuine comment last night to you about how that was a well written post with no typos. Somehow, my subconscious translate that into me having a dream in which almost every message I send, contains typos. :L

Doesn't make sense. What would have happened if I had a criticism or insult of your written submissions? Would I have had an even worse dream?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks vs. Cavs
Cleveland wins. I could be wrong, but I trust their style of play more. More balanced.

Pelicans vs. Clippers
Pelicans win. Would have said the same regardless of the recent news today.

Both teams have dangerous players, but I like the Pelicans more. Will go with Valanciunas and Alvarado as why. I could have seen George having a huge turnover game anyways.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah vs. Dallas:

I could see Utah dropping a game, probably at home. I'll go for the sweep though.

Utah in 4.

Minnesota vs. Memphis:

Minnesota doesn't play smart enough for me.

Memphis in 5.

Memphis
Memphis
Minnesota
Memphis
Memphis

Toronto vs. Philadelphia:

Maybe Toronto takes it to 6, but they probably lose in 5. Toronto has some good players, but can't survive off nights as much as Philadelphia can.

Philadelphia in 5.

Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Toronto
Philadelphia

Denver Nuggets vs. Golden State Warriors:

I hope Denver wins, but a short series by Golden State wouldn't surprise me.

Golden State in 4.

Atlanta vs. Miami:

I think this could go 6 games. I hope Lowry stays healthy. Screw it, I'll say 7 games.

Atlanta is known for good game 1's.

Miami in 7.

Atlanta
Miami
Miami
Atlanta
Atlanta
Miami
Miami

Brooklyn vs. Boston:

Boston might win some games, but I can't see them winning the series without Robert Williams III.

Brooklyn in 6.

Brooklyn
Boston
Brooklyn
Brooklyn
Boston
Brooklyn

Chicago vs. Milwaukee:

I think Chicago is better than they've played the past few months. And Milwaukee will wobble their way to a win.

Milwaukee
Milwaukee
Chicago
Chicago
Milwaukee
Milwaukee

New Orleans vs. Phoenix:

Phoenix seems to be healthy now. I don't think they're as good as their record. A +7 margin of victory is pretty strong, but I think they'll lose some more games in some series than might be anticipated.

Hope this goes at least 6.

Phoenix in 5.

Phoenix
Phoenix
New Orleans
Phoenix
Phoenix

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah
Memphis
Toronto
Golden State
Miami
Boston
Milwaukee
Phoenix

No explanation required. Just the way it will be.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My picks are a little boring. Plus with the fact that Thybulle can't play in Toronto, I want to change things.

Philadelphia in 6, Toronto wins games 2 and 3.

Maybe I should pick this to go 7, for some more excitement, I don't know.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am done with Towns as an offensive player. Last night was not a great game.

4 turnovers in the first quarter.

Mostly perimeter play throughout the game.

Richard Jefferson, as a commentator, even said that Towns needed to handle double teams better, by taking one dribble back, which would then open up a baseline driving lane.

Great rebounder, but the reason his offense is so inconsistent in the playoffs, is because he takes a lot more perimeter shots than he should. And it doesn't look like that will change.

Also, there was a stat on how Towns had one of the most 5 foul games in the regular season. He makes the game hard on himself, with his fouls.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grand Theft Alvarado forces an 8 second violation on Chris Paul.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job, Toronto. Will we finally see a team come back from 0-3?

2 more games to go.