• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Kemba and Durant potentially team up???

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte getting the #6 was probably my favorite prediction heading into the year, but here in the early going I haven't been a fan of this new coach's lineup patterns - Specifically with Zeller and Marvin Williams starting up front together. Just not enough muscle. He's going to have to prove he can make adjustments or Kemba will be gone.

A .500 record will not be good enough to keep Walker in Charlotte, and if you're Charlotte you can't trade him because the demand for point guards isn't very good. You'd just be taking on dead salary.

I think Kemba and K.D. in Brooklyn could be an interesting proposition for next year...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front running is a hard habit to break I would think. You don’t just wake up with a heart one day.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlotte getting the #6 was probably my favorite prediction heading into the year, but here in the early going I haven't been a fan of this new coach's lineup patterns - Specifically with Zeller and Marvin Williams starting up front together. Just not enough muscle. He's going to have to prove he can make adjustments or Kemba will be gone.

A .500 record will not be good enough to keep Walker in Charlotte, and if you're Charlotte you can't trade him because the demand for point guards isn't very good. You'd just be taking on dead salary.

I think Kemba and K.D. in Brooklyn could be an interesting proposition for next year...

Absolutely a possibility. Kemba and KD would actually work really well, IMO. But then again KD works with almost anyone, not named Westbrook.

Other potential options would be KD and Boogie to Brooklyn too. Those guys are friends also from team USA in addition to both bonding on the Warriors right now.

Or if Khris Middleton opts out, he could be really interesting for a max there. KD and Middleton would be a formidable wing pairing. Also think Millsap will likely get his option declined by the Nuggets this coming year too. 30M is a lot to pay him for that kind of production.

Brooklyn could max Durant and Middleton, go after Millsap and Patrick Beverly to round out the starters with Jarrett Allen as your starting center. That becomes a top 3 team in the East and a pretty good defensive team at that.

They have 33.4M in committed contracts. They could move 18M of it by trading Crabbe, but they'd likely have to attach a pick or two, which they probably would. That would allow them more than enough money to sign those guys all on market value deals.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely a possibility. Kemba and KD would actually work really well, IMO. But then again KD works with almost anyone, not named Westbrook.

Other potential options would be KD and Boogie to Brooklyn too. Those guys are friends also from team USA in addition to both bonding on the Warriors right now.

Or if Khris Middleton opts out, he could be really interesting for a max there. KD and Middleton would be a formidable wing pairing. Also think Millsap will likely get his option declined by the Nuggets this coming year too. 30M is a lot to pay him for that kind of production.

Brooklyn could max Durant and Middleton, go after Millsap and Patrick Beverly to round out the starters with Jarrett Allen as your starting center. That becomes a top 3 team in the East and a pretty good defensive team at that.

They have 33.4M in committed contracts. They could move 18M of it by trading Crabbe, but they'd likely have to attach a pick or two, which they probably would. That would allow them more than enough money to sign those guys all on market value deals.

I don't know about top 3 (if Kawhi stays in Toronto), but 4/5 is easily obtainable.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about top 3 (if Kawhi stays in Toronto), but 4/5 is easily obtainable.

KD, almost by himself IMO puts him into the 4/5 category in the East. Well again it really depends on who joins KD. KD by himself puts a team into the 7-8 seed in the East. Then you have to factor in other players who Brooklyn is able to get to pair with him.

Fully healthy Boogie and KD, with a couple starter level players immediately puts them in the 4/5 range. But if those start level players are elevated to better than average starters, that puts them easily in the conversation for 3, IMO. Boston would still be the clear cut #1, I would think though.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love when you post. Just sayin...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the hardest sell wouldn't be KD to Brooklyn. It would be Kemba out of Charlotte. He's said numerous times he's here for the long haul and wants to win in Charlotte. Kemba leaving Charlotte would essentially mean that the Hornets are trusting in the process unless guys like Monk and Bridges step it up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD, almost by himself IMO puts him into the 4/5 category in the East. Well again it really depends on who joins KD. KD by himself puts a team into the 7-8 seed in the East. Then you have to factor in other players who Brooklyn is able to get to pair with him.

Fully healthy Boogie and KD, with a couple starter level players immediately puts them in the 4/5 range. But if those start level players are elevated to better than average starters, that puts them easily in the conversation for 3, IMO. Boston would still be the clear cut #1, I would think though.

Until they use those draft picks, I still have Boston at best in a coin-flip with Toronto.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the hardest sell wouldn't be KD to Brooklyn. It would be Kemba out of Charlotte. He's said numerous times he's here for the long haul and wants to win in Charlotte. Kemba leaving Charlotte would essentially mean that the Hornets are trusting in the process unless guys like Monk and Bridges step it up.

He's there for the long haul provided he gets his max deal. I can't imagine him living up to a max deal, would be a hand-cuffing decision for the Hornets IMO.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's there for the long haul provided he gets his max deal. I can't imagine him living up to a max deal, would be a hand-cuffing decision for the Hornets IMO.

The Hornets needs to decide what they are ultimately doing and I think they answered that question by hiring a new GM and HC and that decision was they are committed to winning. Kemba can definitely lead a team to win but when you have guys like MKG, Marvin Williams and Nic Batum as your starters or getting the majority of the minutes, you aren't gonna go very far. Here's what the lineup should be for Charlotte. Kemba at PG, Monk at SG, Lamb at SF, Bridges at PF and Zeller at C. Batum, MKG, Williams, they've all overstayed their welcome. The sooner the Hornets bring in the young guys, the sooner they'll start winning more games.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until they use those draft picks, I still have Boston at best in a coin-flip with Toronto.

Thus being top 3. I didn't say top 2.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba and Durant would be good together for sure. Be interesting to see if that actually happens.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba and Durant would be good together for sure. Be interesting to see if that actually happens.
You know who would be a great fit for KD? Steph Curry and Draymond Green

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My knowledge of NBA and caps is fairly limited, but is Durant impossible to resign next year for GSW? Or is everyone here just assuming he'll take a max deal (now that he has a couple rings) and be too expensive for GSW to retain?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KD's going to LA. LeBron has been kissing Durant ass for way too long for him to end up anywhere else.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hornets needs to decide what they are ultimately doing and I think they answered that question by hiring a new GM and HC and that decision was they are committed to winning. Kemba can definitely lead a team to win but when you have guys like MKG, Marvin Williams and Nic Batum as your starters or getting the majority of the minutes, you aren't gonna go very far. Here's what the lineup should be for Charlotte. Kemba at PG, Monk at SG, Lamb at SF, Bridges at PF and Zeller at C. Batum, MKG, Williams, they've all overstayed their welcome. The sooner the Hornets bring in the young guys, the sooner they'll start winning more games.

I disagree. The Hornets cannot be a championship team with Kemba as their best player. They will plateau well short of that target. He'd be OK as a second option, but how will the Hornets create enough cap space to bring in a super max type if they overspend on Kemba?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paul Millsap has loyalty in his DNA, so much so that he'd still be in Atlanta if he had that option. True story. In other words, if Denver wants him back, he'll be back, even at half of what he's making now.

I think Thaddeus Young makes more sense for Brooklyn than Millsap simply for his prior experience in that organization. The Pacers won't re-sign him.

Also keep in mind they also have an up-and-coming young player on the perimeter in Caris LaVert, so Middleton doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them. They'll need a PG. Middleton may opt out for more money, but I'd be hard-pressed seeing him leave Milwaukee. He's comfortable there and has good chemistry with Giannis...