• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could be an interesting start to FA

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like we may be looking to sign TJ Ward, Alterraun Verner and Jared Allen. I would be pretty happy with all of those moves, all at big positions of need. I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been more info leaked about who teams are looking to sign. Hope we will be somewhat active without overpaying.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like we may be looking to sign TJ Ward, Alterraun Verner and Jared Allen. I would be pretty happy with all of those moves, all at big positions of need. I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been more info leaked about who teams are looking to sign. Hope we will be somewhat active without overpaying.
Hey Mike, not trying to be a dick, but those guys have been speculated with other teams besides possibly Broncos. I assume your just speculating yourself because of all the other speculation that all "insiders" are also speculating about and that those possible speculated teams interest including possibly the Broncos is just pure speculation at this point but the speculated interest from other teams is still a viable speculation,right? Or is it?:whistle:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Writers from both Denver and Minnesota have said they would be very surprised if Denver didn't sign Allen. Ward has been linked to about 3-5 teams but almost all reports say Denver is the front runner. Verner has said he wants to play either in Denver or New England which would explain why the broncos haven't signed DRC

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I've seen rumors that suggest Denver has a strong possibility of signing DRC longer term.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have been linked to Revis for quite some time so definitely would not surprise me if the Broncos decided to sign him. I would be interested though if that happens are they planning on signing DRC as well because that would then mean quite a nice chunk of the Salary Cap just in two corners with Harris needing a new contract next year.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is safe to say Revis will be cut. Tampa Bay has already said they will cut him unless someone trades and his salary is too big for most to consider trading. (Not to mention, giving up picks for a guy that will be cut anyways)

If the broncos were to look at Revis I would hope it would be for a more reasonable amount than what he currently makes. I think there are several FA corners out there that are not going to demand a lot of money.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I've seen rumors that suggest Denver has a strong possibility of signing DRC longer term.

I still think this should be priority #1 when FA starts. Get this guys signed, and then start looking at other possibilities.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is safe to say Revis will be cut. Tampa Bay has already said they will cut him unless someone trades and his salary is too big for most to consider trading. (Not to mention, giving up picks for a guy that will be cut anyways)

If the broncos were to look at Revis I would hope it would be for a more reasonable amount than what he currently makes. I think there are several FA corners out there that are not going to demand a lot of money.

Yeah even heard that Cleveland was interested in Revis but would still wait and see if he`s released because they don`t want to absorb the 16 mil Revis would get in a trade.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah even heard that Cleveland was interested in Revis but would still wait and see if he`s released because they don`t want to absorb the 16 mil Revis would get in a trade.

I never understand why teams seem to always try to make these trades before cutting someone? Did TB actually think someone would come calling knowing what kind of money he was due :wtf2:?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understand why teams seem to always try to make these trades before cutting someone? Did TB actually think someone would come calling knowing what kind of money he was due :wtf2:?

I think it has to do with a team just hoping maybe just maybe one team will step in so that they aren't quite losing the player for nothing. Remember they did just give up a 1st round pick for him last year so then cutting him with nothing in return is a bit of a blow to the ego. Mostly I think it deals with the idea that maybe they can attract some team that doesn't want to have competition in FA for the player so they are willing to trade at least something to get first dibs. Plus his contract although expensive is actually team friendly in the sense that a team can cut him at any point.

Now if we are going to get him I want him locked up for the next 4-5 years though so that would mean his price of $16 million would be waaay too much. Most think if he hits the open market he will get somewhere between $10-12 million and to me that would be worth it.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah...I just see it as a real "shot in the dark" for any team taking that approach.

I sincerely hope we're focused on DRC before we go after any other CB's like Verner or Revis. I think anybody who throws $10 million + at Revis is gonna regret it. Just have a feeling that he's never gonna make it back to his once, and quite brief BTW "elite level".

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah...I just see it as a real "shot in the dark" for any team taking that approach.

I sincerely hope we're focused on DRC before we go after any other CB's like Verner or Revis. I think anybody who throws $10 million + at Revis is gonna regret it. Just have a feeling that he's never gonna make it back to his once, and quite brief BTW "elite level".

Pro Football Focus had Revis as it's highest rated CB in 2013 with a +18.2 grade. :whistle:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well take it for what it's worth but Revis did finish as the top Corner on ProFootballFocus. Now I don't think he was the top corner this past year but I would put him top 5 for his performance. I don't think you can blame him for being on a really bad team. Now given it wasn't Revis' best year but usually players coming back from an ACL it is year 2 where they see similar results to before so my guess is Revis should play at an even higher level than last year and last year he played top 5. I would spend $10 million in a heart beat on him. Heck I would be willing to go up to $12 million for him. He is still young with another possibly 7 years of good/great play ahead of him and honestly with the Cap going up that kind of money will seem cheap for a corner by the end of the contract.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a longshot, but they might get one team to give them something to make sure they get their man. If he's cut, anyone can sign him. If you trade for him, you keep him from everyone else.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does sound like they have 2-3 teams offering something like a 3rd round pick for him so I would actually look for him to get traded. Browns seem very interested in him. Now given they did just spend big money in FA to start out so will be interesting to see if that causes them to drop out of the race.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Raiders trading for him. They've got $60 in cap space, they've got to spend it somewhere.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Raiders trading for him. They've got $60 in cap space, they've got to spend it somewhere.

They were one of the teams on the list. I think I saw the Browns, Raiders, and it seems like one other team...Maybe the Redskins.