• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cooley on Rg3;s health

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering we haven't been to a SB in over 20 years...if we make it to the SB with RG3 then it was a good trade.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering we haven't been to a SB in over 20 years...if we make it to the SB with RG3 then it was a good trade.

Thanks - that is basically my point. Fans of a 3-13 team should not be talking about multiple SBs at this time.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end it doesn't really matter. Notice how a lot of the same teams (e.g. Pats) keep winning in spite of having relatively low draft position. The key is having the right overall philosophy and a decent organization. Obviously - the Redskins had neither until possibly very recently. Shanahan turned them in the right direction (primarily by keeping Snyder out of the picture) but had some other issues. They appear to be heading in the right direction but only time will tell.

No need to keep harping on the RG3 trade - it is water under the bridge. Skinsdad - you may mean well, but really you need to stop constantly inciting Shark with these barbs directed at him. Give it a rest. In the end - most of us are Redskins fans & only want to see a successful team.

i would love too but i am answering all points made to me about my position on Rg3 i dont forget too often but at the time of our great debates he fell on his sword on every point and didnt cut me slack (not just shark )

in time most of what was said then will change

if Rg3 this year comes in and lights it up most of the negative will erode

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is a 62% career passer , has 6403 yds , 36tds 17 ints 91.5 qbr . hardly vick 2.0 passing numbers won ROY (perhaps the best rookie year of all time ) and has 1 playoff appearance

even in his so called bad year he still was above 60% passer and and had 16tds and 12 ints with an 82.2 qbr

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right dude. He is obviously a franchise QB worth all we gave up for him and completely above reproach. Once again thanks for setting me straight.

# RG3 the greatest QB in the Universe EVER!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction for you DAD...

RG3 2013 QBR was 40.1 which was 29th in the NFL. At least there were three less valuable.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
82.2 was his qb rating

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right dude. He is obviously a franchise QB worth all we gave up for him and completely above reproach. Once again thanks for setting me straight.

# RG3 the greatest QB in the Universe EVER!!

lol. Obviously the truth is in the middle. I can't remember many players like this who only have two seasons to judge where one was very good and the other pretty poor. This season is the key. Again - no need to worry about whatever picks were traded since there is nothing that can be done in that area. You certainly don't need to apply these ridiculous standards (e.g. winning multiple SBs).

All that matters now is keeping the guy healthy and working with him to maximize his strengths & correct his weaknesses. The other crap is irrelevant and we only know about a lot of since Shanahan tried to orchestrate a soap opera type atmosphere at the end of last season (we should never have even known or cared about things like whether RG3 went to dinner with the owner). Most big name QBs will get preferential treatment - big deal.

Time to move on & I would hope that as a Skins fan you hope that one day RG3 is considered one of the best. Why would you hope for anything else?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark has never once stated he doesn't hope RG3 does well. He has stated he doesn't think he will.

Right now, there is more reason to doubt RG3 than to drop down on your knees and "blow him."

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal... I do hope that some day he is one of the best because we drafted him.

I also hope to some day be a millionaire. But in pursuite of that IM not going to take the rent, car note and grocery money to buy a bunch of powerball tickets. And even if I did, I would be a bit of a fool to walk into a store with my wad of powerball tickets and proclaim myself rich because I have a ticket that has the potential to win.

RG3 is the powerball ticket, the draft picks were the bills money. We are either going to cash in, or be highly disappointed. Many say they would be fine if all he turned into was a Romo (big stats yearly, semi productive, but no hardware)

On that i call BS. :)

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark has never once stated he doesn't hope RG3 does well. He has stated he doesn't think he will.

Right now, there is more reason to doubt RG3 than to drop down on your knees and "blow him."

What? Nobody said anything about worshiping RG3 or treating him like a God. I am only advocating that everyone should wish for the very best for the guy since he is a Redskin. Beyond that I could care less. You want him doubt him - great - fine - I choose to ignore what already happened and just wait & see what happens in a different environment.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal... I do hope that some day he is one of the best because we drafted him.

I also hope to some day be a millionaire. But in pursuite of that IM not going to take the rent, car note and grocery money to buy a bunch of powerball tickets. And even if I did, I would be a bit of a fool to walk into a store with my wad of powerball tickets and proclaim myself rich because I have a ticket that has the potential to win.

RG3 is the powerball ticket, the draft picks were the bills money. We are either going to cash in, or be highly disappointed. Many say they would be fine if all he turned into was a Romo (big stats yearly, semi productive, but no hardware)

On that i call BS. :)

Again - you can't undo those picks so why worry about it so much? Let's take your analogy a step further - let's say you only get to the $800,000 point - are you going to be disappointed or pissed? Same with RG3 - are you seriously telling me that if the Skins somehow win only one SB with him you are going to be upset and basically declare him a failure?

How did you make the leap from "Only winning one SB" to "turning into Romo"? Huge difference. In any case - if RG3 does not turn out that well what are you going to do? You have to move on - you can't live in the past or lose sleep over something that happened years ago. That is all that I am stating. HTTR

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Nobody said anything about worshiping RG3 or treating him like a God. I am only advocating that everyone should wish for the very best for the guy since he is a Redskin. Beyond that I could care less. You want him doubt him - great - fine - I choose to ignore what already happened and just wait & see what happens in a different environment.

Many people on here do think he can do no wrong and they think that makes them better fans. It doesn't...it just makes them "homers" if they have no doubts on him and think we shouldn't demand more of him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - you can't undo those picks so why worry about it so much? Let's take your analogy a step further - let's say you only get to the $800,000 point - are you going to be disappointed or pissed? Same with RG3 - are you seriously telling me that if the Skins somehow win only one SB with him you are going to be upset and basically declare him a failure?

How did you make the leap from "Only winning one SB" to "turning into Romo"? Huge difference. In any case - if RG3 does not turn out that well what are you going to do? You have to move on - you can't live in the past or lose sleep over something that happened years ago. That is all that I am stating. HTTR

That depends. If I end up out on the street with my car repo'd and hungry for three months while I wait for my ticket to hit, then Im basically just a little better off than I was when I started this mess, then yes I would be disappointed. Because I tried to shortcut it and all I really did was get back to a little better than I was before any way.

And honestly I think the RG3 move was part desperation, part marketing. Which is why I believe Dan had more to do with it than any one will admit. I mean think about how many RG3 jerseys sold his rookie year. Now what if we had drafted say Tannehill. Or waited and took Cousins in the second round. I think we took him and made the move for alot of the wrong reasons. Now I hope it works out. But if Im honest with myself I think it fails.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not the RG3 trade is a good deal depends on two things:

1) success of the franchise over the next 5 years

2) players we could have had

2012 draft- Morris Claiborne and Janoris Jenkins were taken; however, STL did trade our 1st to DAL for a 1st and 2nd...those picks were Michael Brockers and Alshon Jeffrey (they traded this pick too).

2013 draft- Desmond Trufant was taken with our pick but of course STL traded it and got Alec Ogletree and Stedmon Bailey

2014 draft- we woud have had #2 overall...the same draft position we traded up to for RG3.

We could have had drafts of:
2012- Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins (or Cordy Glenn), and Alshon Jeffery.
2013- Alec Ogletree and David Bahktiari

At this point, I think I like the looks of the players we passed.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not the RG3 trade is a good deal depends on two things:

1) success of the franchise over the next 5 years

2) players we could have had

2012 draft- Morris Claiborne and Janoris Jenkins were taken; however, STL did trade our 1st to DAL for a 1st and 2nd...those picks were Michael Brockers and Alshon Jeffrey (they traded this pick too).

2013 draft- Desmond Trufant was taken with our pick but of course STL traded it and got Alec Ogletree and Stedmon Bailey

2014 draft- we woud have had #2 overall...the same draft position we traded up to for RG3.

We could have had drafts of:
2012- Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins (or Cordy Glenn), and Alshon Jeffery.
2013- Alec Ogletree and David Bahktiari

At this point, I think I like the looks of the players we passed.

All very very good points, it is easy to see why it is not smart to trade away picks like these, however as you've said the players that were ultimately gained from them leaves one to say...MEH!!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All very very good points, it is easy to see why it is not smart to trade away picks like these, however as you've said the players that were ultimately gained from them leaves one to say...MEH!!!

Not sure if I'd say MEH.

Brockers is a DT getting 5 sacks/season.
Jenkins has 3 DTDs in his short career...all as a rookie.
Alshon Jeffery has more highlight catches than DeSean Jackson had all last season (little exaggeration). Jeffery was a beast though.

Overall in two years, our pick has gotten STL 5 picks. And we would have the #2 pick this season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I'd say MEH.

Brockers is a DT getting 5 sacks/season.
Jenkins has 3 DTDs in his short career...all as a rookie.
Alshon Jeffery has more highlight catches than DeSean Jackson had all last season (little exaggeration). Jeffery was a beast though.

Overall in two years, our pick has gotten STL 5 picks. And we would have the #2 pick this season.
OK, my fault, I was focused on what St. Louis did with the original picks.