• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cooley on Rg3;s health

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark won't be happy with Cooley's assessment of RG3...Just sayin' Shark, don't give up on the kid!

Dude.. you totally misunderstand me on RG3. I hope he becomes everything so many fans already claim he is. But I dont think ANY rookie is worth what we gave up for him. I dont think he is above reproach. I do think he decided he wanted Shanahan gone and did and said everything he could to make that happen. Now maybe he will actually be a franchise QB at some point. But unless he actually becomes a franchise QB AND leads us to multiple Super Bowl wins, to me the trade will have been a failure.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. you totally misunderstand me on RG3. I hope he becomes everything so many fans already claim he is. But I dont think ANY rookie is worth what we gave up for him. I dont think he is above reproach. I do think he decided he wanted Shanahan gone and did and said everything he could to make that happen. Now maybe he will actually be a franchise QB at some point. But unless he actually becomes a franchise QB AND leads us to multiple Super Bowl wins, to me the trade will have been a failure.

that wasnt the tune you were singing during bradford's and sanchez's draft years you advocated gutting the drafts to get them because you couldnt stand the bus driver JC

any long term former espn poster knows this because we went round and round on building the LOS and getting quality players around him

you said a franchise qb makes up for all of that , remember ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that wasnt the tune you were singing during bradford's and sanchez's draft years you advocated gutting the drafts to get them because you couldnt stand the bus driver JC

any long term former espn poster knows this because we went round and round on building the LOS and getting quality players around him

you said a franchise qb makes up for all of that , remember ?

Except....he isnt a franchise QB. He is Mike vick without the off field issues. I advocated trading up for Bradford and Sanchez because I thought they would actually be franchise QBs. I wouldnt have traded for Vick, and I think we made a mistake trading for Griffin. And Im sorry, but I would not have given up 3 first rounders for Bradford or Sanchez either. NO rookie is worth what we gave up for RG3... NONE.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except....he isnt a franchise QB. He is Mike vick without the off field issues. I advocated trading up for Bradford and Sanchez because I thought they would actually be franchise QBs. I wouldnt have traded for Vick, and I think we made a mistake trading for Griffin. And Im sorry, but I would not have given up 3 first rounders for Bradford or Sanchez either. NO rookie is worth what we gave up for RG3... NONE.

wasnt what you said then . you would gut the draft to get either one of them

you wouldnt swap 2 1st rounders and a 2nd for Luck ? manning elway brady , etc

because you do understand that we switched positions (from 6 to 2 ) which cancels out that number one because we already had the number one

and i fear mike vick way more then sanchez or bradford ( especially a young vick )

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasnt what you said then . you would gut the draft to get either one of them

you wouldnt swap 2 1st rounders and a 2nd for Luck ? manning elway brady , etc

because you do understand that we switched positions (from 6 to 2 ) which cancels out that number one because we already had the number one

and i fear mike vick way more then sanchez or bradford ( especially a young vick )

Two firsts and a second for a franchise QB?? Sure I would.

3 firsts and a 2nd for Mike Vick 2.0... not on your life. And in the end that is what he cost us... 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick. And that is what we Actually gave up for griffin.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 firsts and a 2nd for Mike Vick 2.0... not on your life. And in the end that is what he cost us... 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick. And that is what we Actually gave up for griffin.

We did give up a lot and it hurt, but in our celebration to have finally gotten who so many believe is a franchise quarterback, the team failed in both putting together a proper coaching staff and players who would make what many believed, a reality. This, hurt more than the cost to acquire him. It is hard to argue at this point that RG3 is not the second coming of Michael Vick. It can be equally argued that he still could become a very very special player. This team won Superbowls with three different quarterbacks none had the talent that this young man possesses. The question at this point becomes will the team fail him relegating him to Michael Vick 2.0, or does he because the team steps up, becomes the fourth quarterback to win a Super Bowl here. Time will tell!!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did give up a lot and it hurt, but in our celebration to have finally gotten who so many believe is a franchise quarterback, the team failed in both putting together a proper coaching staff and players who would make what many believed, a reality. This, hurt more than the cost to acquire him. It is hard to argue at this point that RG3 is not the second coming of Michael Vick. It can be equally argued that he still could become a very very special player. This team won Superbowls with three different quarterbacks none had the talent that this young man possesses. The question at this point becomes will the team fail him relegating him to Michael Vick 2.0, or does he because the team steps up, becomes the fourth quarterback to win a Super Bowl here. Time will tell!!!

Sty.. my thing is, you cant say the team failed to put the players around him. Simply for the fact that in trading up for him the team was making the statement that he was good enough to win no matter what we put around him. Fact is, we wouldnt have won the division in 2012 without him, but we most likely would be in a better position roster wise as we would have three more young likely highly talented players and still have a first rounder in the coming draft.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty.. my thing is, you cant say the team failed to put the players around him. Simply for the fact that in trading up for him the team was making the statement that he was good enough to win no matter what we put around him. Fact is, we wouldnt have won the division in 2012 without him, but we most likely would be in a better position roster wise as we would have three more young likely highly talented players and still have a first rounder in the coming draft.

Oh no Shark I was agreeing with you, when you earlier mentioned that we paid a lot for him. That cost alone meant that we couldn't have other players acquired the draft. My thinking is that during the decision-making process when consensus reached the point where the price was going to be paid, it appears that there was no strategy to compensate for the loss of those draft picks. The cap penalty hurt as well, as did the change from a 4-3 defense, to a 3-4 defense when and I emphasize, when that change took place. I think that we're all sour a little with respects to our front office personnel and the moves that they've made, I also think that this is a critical time for them because they stand to lose a portion of their fan base if they fall into another decades old tailspin.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont see any point in arguing whether we gave up too much for him or not, we're stuck with him and we just need to ride it out.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad and shark at it again. :suds:

On another semi Cooley note. Yesterday afternoon on my drive home they did a bit about most overrated and underrated player in Washington. Griffin was most often named most overrated followed by Mike Green the hockey player. I personally would have picked Mike Green.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What hurts'most'on'the rg3 trade is we had a sucky recored this year which resulted in the 2nd pick in the draft .This is where spurrier (me)logic comes to play . Lions buffs browns they always have first round picks and they always suck so loseing a first is not that bad

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We didnt give up 3 first round picks and a 2nd...we gave up 2 first round picks and a2nd...and USED a first round pick to select him.......there is a big difference in what I said and what you said......

and me personally, I believe it was a good trade...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see any point in arguing whether we gave up too much for him or not, we're stuck with him and we just need to ride it out.

Oh I agree, you ride it out and see if he can live up to the expectations. Im all for building the team up around him. How ever if he continues to play like an option QB, yet talk as if he thinks he is a pocket passer elite... at what point do you simply cut bait? He got everything he wanted now. A coach who wont run plays he isnt comfortable with, we are revamping the line to protect him. If he isnt among the top QBs out there this year, I would say we seriously have to rethink our commitment to the direction we are headed in.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What hurts'most'on'the rg3 trade is we had a sucky recored this year which resulted in the 2nd pick in the draft .This is where spurrier (me)logic comes to play . Lions buffs browns they always have first round picks and they always suck so loseing a first is not that bad

In the end it doesn't really matter. Notice how a lot of the same teams (e.g. Pats) keep winning in spite of having relatively low draft position. The key is having the right overall philosophy and a decent organization. Obviously - the Redskins had neither until possibly very recently. Shanahan turned them in the right direction (primarily by keeping Snyder out of the picture) but had some other issues. They appear to be heading in the right direction but only time will tell.

No need to keep harping on the RG3 trade - it is water under the bridge. Skinsdad - you may mean well, but really you need to stop constantly inciting Shark with these barbs directed at him. Give it a rest. In the end - most of us are Redskins fans & only want to see a successful team.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speak for yourself. If in the end if they only win one SB I will be thrilled! You are discounting the fact that it is very difficult to win a title. Using you logic I guess that P. Manning is basically a failure.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speak for yourself. If in the end if they only win one SB I will be thrilled! You are discounting the fact that it is very difficult to win a title. Using you logic I guess that P. Manning is basically a failure.

Manning has won one SuperBowl and played in three I think? also no one gave up four top 100 draft picks to get manning. In light of what it cost to get him, the bar should be a little higher dont you think?