• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congratulations to the Giants

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, Giants and fans. And thanks to the Giants and Royals for a great Series. *takes another pull from the bottle*

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, congrats to them, as close to a dynasty as we have seen in the Majors since the Yankees of the late 90's early 2000's.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great series to KC fans as well. Giants seem to find the most random ways to win when it matters most. There always seems to be a different formula. But its amazing to watch.

I think Bumgarner, Sandoval, and Pence need to take Marleau and Thornton out for a nice long weekend and teach them a think or two about being clutch.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Giants fans. :suds:

Also, congrats Royals fans on a great season. I know it ended in dissappointment, but it sure was a hell of a ride.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Giants fans. :suds:

Also, congrats Royals fans on a great season. I know it ended in dissappointment, but it sure was a hell of a ride.
:yo:
Hell of a ride indeed. Some SF fans were wringing their hands around trading deadline time (me included), wondering whether the FO would be sellers or buyers. :suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier, WTF are your Giants up to, man? :scratch:

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't signed a bad contract yet.

The FA market this year was pretty crappy going in. We all knew that. The giants have had ceilings on all their offers that they were not willing to go over, and all the players they have been in on apparently signed for more than what the Giants were willing to spend.

Sandoval - Wanted to play in a hitters paradise. He has 3 rings, so now it is time to concentrate on getting paid and padding stats. Add to that that Boston is a good org, the move makes sense for him. Not sure the contract is good for Boston, though.

Tomas - I am not sure I believe the reports that the Giants were all over this kid. His defense is reportedly pretty bad, and the Giants value D.

Lester - He has a long history and an established relationship with Epstein. And a 6+ year contract for a 31 year old pitcher? I am pretty glad we lost out on that one, and I suspect the Giants are too.

Markakis - No reason to believe the Giants were ever real deep on him. He is really just a good to solid starting OFer, and he signed for very good starter to all-star money.

The off season is not over. The Giants will do SOMETHING. Not sure if it will be enough, but they will do something. Giants have been mentioned for Upton, Hamels, Scherzer, Santana, Headly, Masterson, McCarthy...