• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats to the 14 FBS teams receiving APR academic awards

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

These are the 10 best universities in the world

UW is No. 10 in US News Best Global Universities ranking; No. 2 among US public institutions

UW retains top spot in medicine in U.S. News school rankings; earns other high marks

Awards & Rankings | UW Medicine

ARWU World University Rankings 2018 | Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018 | Top 500 universities | Shanghai Ranking - 2018

Sorry, I should have been more clear. US News and World Report have their US based rankings, which are considered the best. Those are the rankings where UW is #20 for public schools and #59 for national universities. Based on the quality of faculty and students (as a whole, obviously, there are brilliant students everywhere except the University of South Carolina), that makes sense. However, the definitive ranking for world universities (which is a questionable benchmark at the best of times, since schools focus on different things and prestige is different than research, and even in research, placement in better academic journals is better than greater placement in bad journals (ie: it's preferable to have one article in the top journal than 25 in mid tier journals) but the rankings favor a huge amount of placement, regardless of placement) is The Times, which is done by a company that owns a major newspaper in England (and their subsidiary made this neat commercial). I won't argue with you on one point. UW is a fantastic medical school. I think it's now the #2 primary care medical school, and like #12 in research. UW also has a good law school, at #44, and that list includes schools like Yale and Harvard. However, that has no bearing on the college as a whole, and world university rankings don't take that into account (looking at sheer amount of research produced by the university). The college is where I said it is, top 25 public school and top 60 nationally. Which is really, really good.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU's academic ranking has been dropping the past few years. I blame it on the defense.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious, JUCO boy is reduced to academic smack talk. File the trophy next to the ones for DBU and developing your 3 stars.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious, JUCO boy is reduced to academic smack talk. File the trophy next to the ones for DBU and developing your 3 stars.
It's a thread congratulating the 14 FBS schools that won academic achievement awards from the NCAA. Not sure why this thread would offend you unless you were an inbred sister humping c0cksucker. And those of us that posted on Rivals know exactly what you are. You should have kept your sorry fvcking ass over there.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a thread congratulating the 14 FBS schools that won academic achievement awards from the NCAA. Not sure why this thread would offend you unless you were an inbred sister humping c0cksucker. And those of us that posted on Rivals know exactly what you are. You should have kept your sorry fvcking ass over there.
It doesn’t offend me, it’s just funny watching you trying to find something to brag about, because you sure can’t talk about all the Husky football success.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t offend me, it’s just funny watching you trying to find something to brag about, because you sure can’t talk about all the Husky football success.
You were an SEC homer nobody at Rivals and you're trying to play that same role here. I don't recall you ever starting a thread at Rivals seeing how you never had anything worthwhile to say.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were an SEC homer nobody at Rivals and you're trying to play that same role here. I don't recall you ever starting a thread at Rivals seeing how you never had anything worthwhile to say.
I can choose to post there or here, can you? No, you got tossed because you had a hissy fit about likes, like some teenage girl on Facebook. And now, when you can say fuck all you want, you still spell it fvck.

God, what a weenie.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of Air Force and Navy (where football is not the main focus), these schools just know how to game the system the best. Any school that has a significantly higher graduation rate for football players than for the general student body is working it! Just my onion.

Academic Progress Rate means nothing other than the athlete was kept eligible by the school so the athlete can play four seasons. APR does NOT mean the athlete earns a degree.

If you throw enough resources at athletes (tutors, fake classes, athletes not taking tests someone else does, athletes not writing reports/essays smart students do it as part of work study, etc, etc, etc) any school can make their APR high.

Academic Progress Rate Explained

GSR Graduation Success Rate is what measures the graduation of student athletes in a 6 year span.

Still, student athletes do have better graduation rates than the general student body. But the general student body is NOT given 1/10 of what student athletes have given to them. And the general student body does not get 1/100 of what football players have given to them.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks, my UCFriend.

UCFootball has received that award 3 of last 4 years. 2 of UCF sports teams received it this year.

As a Real UCFan, I’m so proud of APRs and graduating kids with real degrees. UCF has been one of very best among public schools.

My UCFriend Scott was taken back by all the academic questions he received at his UCFirst booster event. Needless to say, our program is designed for academic success.

#UCFacts

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Western not on the list?

We've been requiring our Florida recruits to be literate since 2017.
Just because they memorized the Cat in the Hat book, doesn’t mean they are literate.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If athletes do well, the schools are guilty of gaming the system. If the athletes do not do well, the schools are guilty of neglecting their academics.

I guess all schools are just guilty...

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awards are given for a variety of categories. But any academic award for FBS schools that does not include Notre Dame, West Point, Michigan, Tulane, Stanford and probably Georgia Tech is using very limited criteria.
A degree from any of these schools would more impressive than one form Utah, UCF, Nevada, Ohio State and yes UW.