• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montrezl will get suspended?? Oh no!! No way the Sixers can beat the Nets without him.

If Doc really did what you are suggesting?

And started a bunch of goons?

That would be totally unprecedented and he would get suspended for a long time too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start you at the kindergarten level...Go bend a paper clip back and forth. Since it doesn't snap on the first bend no way it will snap on the hundredth either!
You’re a Fucking idiot.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your analogy is something that isn't designed to bend a lot will eventually break if you bend it a lot...

So that means that something that is designed to bend a lot will also break if you bend it a lot.

That' what you're going with?
It wasn't an analogy. It was the first step in a lesson. If you accept that you are ready for step 2.

Select one of your fingers and bend it. Pay attention to how simple it is to bend and how flexible it is. Now strike that same finger with a hammer repeatedly. Let it sit for 10-20 minutes. Now try to bend that finger and report back.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't an analogy. It was the first step in a lesson. If you accept that you are ready for step 2.

Select one of your fingers and bend it. Pay attention to how simple it is to bend and how flexible it is. Now strike that same finger with a hammer repeatedly. Let it sit for 10-20 minutes. Now try to bend that finger and report back.

lol

It's an analogy.

But hey, at least it's a stupid analogy that doesn't work and provided a laugh.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look everybody! The guy who makes sure you swipe your key chain at the gym in between wiping down equipment is here to teach.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Doc really did what you are suggesting?

And started a bunch of goons?

That would be totally unprecedented and he would get suspended for a long time too.
Doc get's a mic to explain himself.

How would you protect Embiid from the childish behavior of his opponents?

Embiid is too good so opponents resort to goonery because there's no consequence for it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s get away from this nonsense and focus back on the series. Best case scenario is that the Sixers get Embiid back for Game 3. In the meantime, Doc needs to dial into a master class. One nice thing is that finally the Sixers have a coaching edge in a 2nd round matchup with Doc Rivers. Joe Mazzula is a weak link. Sixers need to get creative. They need to get up and down the floor and play fast. I don’t think they have the luxury of starting Tucker. I think they have to go BBall Paul, Tobias Harris, Melton, Maxey, and Harden so they can match with the Celtics 3 guards. The Cs don’t have a center that can take the Sixers into the weight room and post. Horford is an outsider player now and RWIII is nothing more than a lob threat and offensive rebounder in the dunker spot for their offense. Please please please be dumb enough to try and post RW3, Celtics. Harris on Tatum, Melton on Jaylon Brown, Maxey on White or Smart, BBall Paul on RW3 and Harden on Horford. Horford needs to be doubled immediately on every paint touch. It’s not a great plan but it’s the best option among bad options. The Sixers need incredible shot making from nearly everybody. Maxey and Harden need 70 between them. Harris needs to chip in with 20 plus. Bench minutes are scary because they’re going to have to play Niang and Shake Milton and those guys are traffic cones.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s get away from this nonsense and focus back on the series. Best case scenario is that the Sixers get Embiid back for Game 3. In the meantime, Doc needs to dial into a master class. One nice thing is that finally the Sixers have a coaching edge in a 2nd round matchup with Doc Rivers. Joe Mazzula is a weak link. Sixers need to get creative. They need to get up and down the floor and play fast. I don’t think they have the luxury of starting Tucker. I think they have to go BBall Paul, Tobias Harris, Melton, Maxey, and Harden so they can match with the Celtics 3 guards. The Cs don’t have a center that can take the Sixers into the weight room and post. Horford is an outsider player now and RWIII is nothing more than a lob threat and offensive rebounder in the dunker spot for their offense. Please please please be dumb enough to try and post RW3, Celtics. Harris on Tatum, Melton on Jaylon Brown, Maxey on White or Smart, BBall Paul on RW3 and Harden on Horford. Horford needs to be doubled immediately on every paint touch. It’s not a great plan but it’s the best option among bad options. The Sixers need incredible shot making from nearly everybody. Maxey and Harden need 70 between them. Harris needs to chip in with 20 plus. Bench minutes are scary because they’re going to have to play Niang and Shake Milton and those guys are traffic cones.
If Embiid can't go... it sounds pretty desperate for the '6ers. I bet Philly actually scores some... but they're not likely to win a shoot-out, 'cause I absolutely agree that the Celtics will expose y'alls bench.

Injuries suck... I'd honestly rather have all teams at full health and the best team wins.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Embiid can't go... it sounds pretty desperate for the '6ers. I bet Philly actually scores some... but they're not likely to win a shoot-out, 'cause I absolutely agree that the Celtics will expose y'alls bench.

Injuries suck... I'd honestly rather have all teams at full health and the best team wins.
I wouldn’t. I’m not rooting for injuries for anybody but fuck. I’ll take a hobbled Brown or Tatum anyway. Trophies don’t come with asterisks. The worst and luckiest NBA champion in history is still an NBA champ.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t. I’m not rooting for injuries for anybody but fuck. I’ll take a hobbled Brown or Tatum anyway. Trophies don’t come with asterisks. The worst and luckiest NBA champion in history is still an NBA champ.
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm more talking "in a perfect world".

Of course, we don't live in a perfect world... so your point-of-view makes a ton of sense.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My teams suck too much for me to be standing on principle about that

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I'm Philly i go super small ball tomorrow if the Celts still starting Horford

Maxey
Harden
Tucker
Harris
McDaniels

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Philly i go super small ball tomorrow if the Celts still starting Horford

Maxey
Harden
Tucker
Harris
McDaniels
I thought about this. See my lineup above. They need to replace scoring which means Tucker is a luxury they can’t afford when playing no Embiid. They would be better suited starting BBall Paul but Tucker will have to play small ball 5 for sure. I like BBall Paul in maximizing Harden pick and roll over Tucker. Melton is a better option for Jaylon Brown than McDaniels and Melton gives you better shooting around Harden or Maxey dribble drive. Sixers can get away with playing Melton over a traditional wing because of the Cs playing Tatum, Brown, White/Smart.

We agree in principle about the way to play, I just want to tweak your two personnel decisions. At the same time, would love to get your thinking further on Tucker/McDaniels compared to BBall Paul/Melton

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about this. See my lineup above. They need to replace scoring which means Tucker is a luxury they can’t afford when playing no Embiid. They would be better suited starting BBall Paul but Tucker will have to play small ball 5 for sure. I like BBall Paul in maximizing Harden pick and roll over Tucker. Melton is a better option for Jaylon Brown than McDaniels and Melton gives you better shooting around Harden or Maxey dribble drive. Sixers can get away with playing Melton over a traditional wing because of the Cs playing Tatum, Brown, White/Smart.

We agree in principle about the way to play, I just want to tweak your two personnel decisions. At the same time, would love to get your thinking further on Tucker/McDaniels compared to BBall Paul/Melton
I honestly forgot about melton but he is small which was the reason I suggested McDaniels as he is 6'9 I believe. But your idea is solid as well because at least you have a center on the floor and still 4 shooters

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maxey
Harden
Tucker
Harris
McDaniels
None of the front court guys can really take advantage of that off the bounce IMO.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Embiid and the Philadelphia 76ers thoroughly drubbed the Toronto Raptors 132-97 to win Game 6. Toronto crept to within a win away from tying the series before the leading MVP candidate had another big game.

Philly was up 119-90 with a little under 4 minutes left in the ball game when Pascal Siakam drove to the basket and hit Embiid in the face. “The Process,” who was in evident pain, merely shrugged it off after getting treated on the bench.

Siakam’s elbow to the forehead may prove more costly than anticipated. The hit apparently did more damage than the slight cut that the Philadelphia 76ers training staff immediately worked on.

Shams Charania came out with an explosive tweet earlier that’s both brutal and unfortunate for the NBA and particularly for the Philadelphia 76ers:

“Sources: 76ers All-NBA star Joel Embiid suffered a right orbital fracture and mild concussion in series-clinching Game 6 win last night in Toronto. He will be listed as out and there is no timetable for his return."

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid made the flight up to Boston last night with the team. Considering his injury, I don’t think they put him on the plane if the plan wasn’t for him to play either Game 1 or Game 2 or both. Now…the question becomes how good will he be playing with the knee.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid made the flight up to Boston last night with the team. Considering his injury, I don’t think they put him on the plane if the plan wasn’t for him to play either Game 1 or Game 2 or both. Now…the question becomes how good will he be playing with the knee.
The refs will let the Celtics kick at his knee anyway. And as discussed above, Doc will let them kick at it too. He's not long for the series. Hope I'm wrong.