• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Reallignment

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well they finally figured out what they are going to do with the way teams are divided up. Now we get 4 conferences, no more east and west. Our conference opponents will be:

carolina
rangers
islanders
devils
penguins
capitols

not too shabby of an opponent list. apparently they are going to make it possible to do home and home series for every conference. i like that.

one thing i dont understand is in the division with all the northeast teams florida and tampa bay wound up having to travel all over the place. o well not my team so not my problem. i thought that they wuld have created some southern division with nashville, florida teams, dallas etc. but then i guess that would just be a joke of a division.

nothing really changed for us other than we added washington and carolina so for us its really not a big deal at all. as long as the rangers and penguins are still in the division i am happy.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see how the travel will be for the Flyers and how the playoff brackets will shape up..

Time will tell...
nailbite.gif

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as they stay in the eastern time zone, which they do, i dont think the travel will be too dreadful for the florida teams.. its still worse for teams like colorado who are like 1000 miles away from the closest team.. and the rest of the teams in the west coast conference.. its worse than the teams in the bEAST (ours) but there's just going to be a difference in travel, there's no way to avoid that

i like it, i think the rivalries will get even more intense than they already are.. the flyers will play 2 of these teams every year in the playoffs (assuming they win the cup every year).. my biggest concern is how demolished teams from the bEAST will be when they make it to the final 4

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. but you can face us. :nod:

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not really a fan of this realignment. don't understand why they couldn't just swap nashville and winnipeg and keep the same formats and divisions. put the jets in the central division and put nashville in the southeast. done.

with that being said, i'm sure it will grow on me. i like the idea of being able to face teams from the east in the finals, but i still don't like how the final four can only contain ONE of the flyers, pens, caps, rags and devs..

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really a fan of this realignment. don't understand why they couldn't just swap nashville and winnipeg and keep the same formats and divisions. put the jets in the central division and put nashville in the southeast. done.

with that being said, i'm sure it will grow on me. i like the idea of being able to face teams from the east in the finals, but i still don't like how the final four can only contain ONE of the flyers, pens, caps, rags and devs..

Yep agreed I'd be ok with this if only the 1st rd was in the conference and they reseeded after that. The goal in the playoffs is to match up the best teams in the final four and cup...this may not happen when conferences like Philly's are stacked.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep agreed I'd be ok with this if only the 1st rd was in the conference and they reseeded after that. The goal in the playoffs is to match up the best teams in the final four and cup...this may not happen when conferences like Philly's are stacked.

Three teams wanted in to the East. Couldn't make everyone happy. This seems like the best compromise.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will grow on everyone once every conference has 8 teams. They stated that 26 of the 30 teams agreed to it. You can bet your ass that Tampa, Florida, Washington and Carolina were the four teams that didn't. They all got seriously fucked by the realignment...lol The southeast division basically just got scrapped, which means no more top seed handed out to a largely weak division. Wave goodbye to the days of the Caps winning the President's Trophy and Tampa or Carolina winning the Cup. They all have a much tougher road from now on.

Getting into the playoffs may be statistically easier, but once in, they're facing the top teams in the former eastern conference in round one.

Last edited by a moderator: