• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Concerns from Tampa Bay

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those games that playoff teams have to win. You have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat, plain and simple.

Reggie Bush was actually a pretty valuable back from 2011-2013. If we think he'll return at that level I welcome him back. If we think he's losing a step then moving on from fading players to create cap space is part of the NFL these days.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TPaul I am not so sure I care to see Bush anymore. Yes he is still explosive and prolly makes look wrong this weekend. I am just really thinking Riddick is being under used. He is a threat out of the backfield. Great hands and seems to have nice moves in space.

I rewatched the packers game before Bush got injured, if he's healthy he absolutely needs to be used often.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rewatched the packers game before Bush got injured, if he's healthy he absolutely needs to be used often.

I could just go look it up, but that's the game he had that 25-30 yard TD run, right? I remember watching that and thinking "damn, Reggie still has it."

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could just go look it up, but that's the game he had that 25-30 yard TD run, right? I remember watching that and thinking "damn, Reggie still has it."

Note to self: You can quit worrying about early onset alzheimer's.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I see how that reads now... I was just trying to confirm that my original statement was, in fact, correct.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He looked great in the passing game and while I love riddick, bush opens up the entire field when healthy and causes huge issues for defenses. Between him and the olines inconsistency I would say those are two of the key reasons why detroits offense has struggled so much. There are definitely a multitude of problems but I believe those two are paramount. Im not ready to say the lions offense is back after beating up one of the worst defenses in the NFL but it should be huge for their confidence.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I see how that reads now... I was just trying to confirm that my original statement was, in fact, correct.

How it reads? I'm pretty sure you were there when it happened.

I'm starting to think when you come to the opener, you bring your 'swag', and leave the good stuff at home.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Understand both of you. I myself am not huge on Bush. Maybe for a screen pass or a safety valve guy. Getting touches inside IMO is where he fumbled more. I Like him as receiver not a RB.

I think I am really starting to like Riddick a lot. So maybe that is why I push for him. Whatever gets a W! I hope Bush has 2 50+ runs. Still will not like him any more.

I like Riddick but not in a Willie or DK way.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is that the Lions will sign Ravioli for one more year after Gerald McCoy is a non-factor. You know. Since he's the best DT in the NFL and all.

Funny you should mention McCoy -- he is my biggest concern coming into this game, as pass protection has really struggled for Detroit. McCoy is tied for the league lead in QB pressures with Suh and is #2 for DT's with 8.5 sacks.

I hope the Lions come up with something to slow him down. If Stafford is given time, he should be able to pick apart their secondary. Lord knows Detroit has faced the Tampa 2 enough to know how to attack it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other concern is getting pressure on the QB. Those big ass WRs on TB are tough to defend on deep balls. If they can get after the QB and make him get rid of the ball -- we won't have to worry about losing any jump balls.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand both of you. I myself am not huge on Bush. Maybe for a screen pass or a safety valve guy. Getting touches inside IMO is where he fumbled more. I Like him as receiver not a RB.

I think I am really starting to like Riddick a lot. So maybe that is why I push for him. Whatever gets a W! I hope Bush has 2 50+ runs. Still will not like him any more.

I like Riddick but not in a Willie or DK way.

I agree. Bush is a weapon in the passing game and hes a far superior weapon to riddick at this point. His return makes the lions offense much more dynamic and difficult to defend. If hes not 100 percent healthy, dont play him. Not worth it. If the lions had an offensive line like they did last year they could plu in any number of running backs and get decent results for ypc. I absolutely love the riddick pick though, it was another great late round pick. Mayhew is not getting the credit he deserves. He has been nailing late picks and undrafted free agents. Besides the ebron stumble the guy has been killing it with acquisitions.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How it reads? I'm pretty sure you were there when it happened.

I'm starting to think when you come to the opener, you bring your 'swag', and leave the good stuff at home.

Oh wow, I didn't even realize he said Packers game in there directly like that. I misread it as "re-watched the games when he was healthy."

No wonder...

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions don't pound the Bucs then I just don't know. That could mean there is something very wrong with this team. What am I saying :lol:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions don't pound the Bucs then I just don't know. That could mean there is something very wrong with this team. What am I saying :lol:
Too much BUD will cloud ones judgement...

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 2 6-5 receivers and a 6-7 tight end, some moron called them the Dunkaneers before the season. I think it was actually the GM. Anyway, Vincent Jackson has almost disappeared from the game plan. Sefarian-Jenkins (sp?) hasn't done much. The RBs suck. The Oline sucks. We all know how much the QB sucks. Evans is the only guy to worry about on the O and Slay/Mathis should be up to the task. The defense has played better lately though. Over the last several weeks they're under 20 points per game. Obviously we have the personnel to beat zone coverage and if our O shows up and plays to their potential, this should be a breeze. Of course it's the NFL.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush was looking good in his last comeback game until he got hurt again after like 5 plays../but he looked great on those 5 plays

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs forum is sad. I wonder if they had very many fans in the first place

Last edited by a moderator: