• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Concerns about Callahan

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more this offseason takes shape, the more I doubt Callahan re-signs. I was going to make a thread about this yesterday but decided against it but some recent news/rumors I've heard add more artillery to my point.

The bolts have interested in acquiring Ryan Kesler. Why? He's yet another forward and re-signing Callahan and bringing in yet another top 6 forward doesn't make sense both logically and financially. Acquiring Kesler doesn't make sense, the only reason I think it makes is if we lose Callahan. If you think about Ryan Kesler's game, it's almost identical to Callahan's regarding the grit, the physical play, the fact they plays 200 feet, they are very similar although Kesler is more gifted offensively and probably just a little better all-around. With Losing Callahan, Kesler is a perfect replacement and probably why Yzerman is interested.

I know about the bolts interested in Kesler yesterday and I was in the middle of making a similar thread to this and then I scrapped it. The reason I thought i'd create this thread is because now rumors are circulating that we have interested in Patrick Marleau. Again yet another top 6 forward and one is expensive with a cap hit of $6.6 mill. Again not a fit both logically and financially. I think Yzerman is lining up a replacement for Callahan. I think Kesler would be an ideal fit but Anaheim seems a more ideal fit for Canucks for what they want and that's why Yzerman has interest in Marleau.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more this offseason takes shape, the more I doubt Callahan re-signs. I was going to make a thread about this yesterday but decided against it but some recent news/rumors I've heard add more artillery to my point.

The bolts have interested in acquiring Ryan Kesler. Why? He's yet another forward and re-signing Callahan and bringing in yet another top 6 forward doesn't make sense both logically and financially. Acquiring Kesler doesn't make sense, the only reason I think it makes is if we lose Callahan. If you think about Ryan Kesler's game, it's almost identical to Callahan's regarding the grit, the physical play, the fact they plays 200 feet, they are very similar although Kesler is more gifted offensively and probably just a little better all-around. With Losing Callahan, Kesler is a perfect replacement and probably why Yzerman is interested.

I know about the bolts interested in Kesler yesterday and I was in the middle of making a similar thread to this and then I scrapped it. The reason I thought i'd create this thread is because now rumors are circulating that we have interested in Patrick Marleau. Again yet another top 6 forward and one is expensive with a cap hit of $6.6 mill. Again not a fit both logically and financially. I think Yzerman is lining up a replacement for Callahan. I think Kesler would be an ideal fit but Anaheim seems a more ideal fit for Canucks for what they want and that's why Yzerman has interest in Marleau.
Again ask your self this do you really see yzerman giving up picks and prospects for a 34 year old guy ? I don't see it! Ryan kesler ? Again I don't see it! We're not going to trade picks and prospects for ryan kesler! This is what happens we resign Callahan or sign dowine in FA. I still say we keep Callahan were fine in the cap we have like 20 million in cap room without a Malone or Purcell buyout! I think this is a smoke screen! I don't know why there are rumors with these two players ? We are bought up in these rumors why ? Simple because we have extra picks and many prospects! It took yzerman 4 years to build are system up he is not trading young guys for a 34 year old! Needs are gonna be addressed in FA! Example val 5 years 25 million Matt carle 6 years 33 million. Tampa is building for the long haul and wants depth we needed badly last year.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again ask your self this do you really see yzerman giving up picks and prospects for a 34 year old guy ? I don't see it! Ryan kesler ? Again I don't see it! We're not going to trade picks and prospects for ryan kesler! This is what happens we resign Callahan or sign dowine in FA. I still say we keep Callahan were fine in the cap we have like 20 million in cap room without a Malone or Purcell buyout! I think this is a smoke screen! I don't know why there are rumors with these two players ? We are bought up in these rumors why ? Simple because we have extra picks and many prospects! It took yzerman 4 years to build are system up he is not trading young guys for a 34 year old! Needs are gonna be addressed in FA! Example val 5 years 25 million Matt carle 6 years 33 million. Tampa is building for the long haul and wants depth we needed badly last year.

I get what you mean it doesn't make sense as I pointed out but one thing is to consider, this is a very weak FA class and so Yzerman may look replace him via a trade. I take the rumors very slightly because I think Yzerman wants to re-sign Cally, but if plan A doesn't come off, he has plan B and C lined up. Just think though although it would take picks and prospects to get Kesler, He does come with a lower cap hit and more offensive upside and still bring that gritty, physical that Callahan plays. The lower cap hit may allow Yzerman to target Matt Niskanen in FA.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my guy told me today it's not looking good to sign callahan ryan's agent is not coming down to what the lightning want.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really had my reservations that the Bolts would get Cally signed. Again, the Bolts don't like grit, they prefer speed & flash. That's why they simmered down Gudas, Malone & got rid of Downie twice! That's why no teammate sticks up for another especially not Bishop or any other net-minder. Probably the reason that traitor MSL wanted to leave & you never see anyone stick up for Filpp when he's knocked on his keister! The Bolts just want fast, talented whooses, period!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Holland & the Wings gobble him up quickly! The Wings are getting up in the age & love gritty players, unlike the Bolts. He'd be a great addition to the Winged Wheels.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really had my reservations that the Bolts would get Cally signed. Again, the Bolts don't like grit, they prefer speed & flash. That's why they simmered down Gudas, Malone & got rid of Downie twice! That's why no teammate sticks up for another especially not Bishop or any other net-minder. Probably the reason that traitor MSL wanted to leave & you never see anyone stick up for Filpp when he's knocked on his keister! The Bolts just want fast, talented whooses, period!

I agree with not signing callahan he wants 6 million per year for 6 years! way too much money too long of term. save the money for defense and resigning the kids!